006

Stupid Me

"He seems so happy." I said quietly.
"So does she." JB said.

Silence.

"Have you thought about what I said?"
".... Yeah..."
"And?"
"You basically told me to shut out everyone."
"Not exactly. Close, but no. Just don't trust too easily. Don't be too nice. Don't fall in love."

Don't fall in love.

I think that's a bit too hard.

"Look at him. He's with the girl he loves. The reason why he used you. Shut him out. Don't care about him. Don't even think about him."

I looked at him.

"Would you be able to do that? You love her. How can you not care about her?"
"She used me. Should I still care after that?"

He's hurt.

"Yes, you should. She's still your friend."
"If your 'friend' used you, it'll be hard to trust her again."

I bit my lip.

"I give up," he shook his head, sighing. "I am giving up on dating. Love hurts. I hate how it feels."
"Just because she used you doesn't mean-"
"Admit it. You hate him for using you. I hate how love feels. I hate how it makes me hurt just because of one person."
"I..."

I couldn't say anything.

I saw his eyes. His eyes had that expression that you couldn't decipher. Sad? Angry? Or just hurt?

He took another look at BamBam and JungEun before lowering his head.

"Let's play a game, Jung Yura."
"Game?"

He looked straight at her.

"Don't you want to hurt him like he hurt you? Let's have a challenge. Make him fall for you. Then break his heart."
"That's impossible-"
"That's why it's a challenge. It's practically impossible."

I sighed.

"I agree, Im Jaebum. Noh JungEun really did change you. You were never like this before."
"And BamBam will change you, too. Soon. Soon, you'll just find yourself wanting to curse and just leave everything and everyone. You won't care anymore. And it'll all be his fault."
"You let out the monster in you, Jaebum," I spoke quietly.
"You will, too. This is what love does to you."


***


"Yura..." Jimin said quietly. "Talk to us."
"You've been silent for days," Yerin added.
"Don't mind her," Yugyeom rolled his eyes. "She's just depressed because BamBam and JungEun got back together."

It hurts...

"You're my best friend, Yugyeom," I said weakly. "Aren't you supposed to be comforting me?"
"Didn't I tell you? That if BamBam hurt you, I won't be there to comfort you? Remember?"
"Yugyeom," Yerin spoke softly, putting a hand on his arm. "Don't be so harsh to her. Just make up already,"

Yugyeom pulled his arm away and stood up suddenly.

"We are definitely not making up. No matter how hard you try, I'm not going to forgive you."

I bit my lip. Why was he so touchy over this? Yeah, I got hurt. Not him. Shouldn't I be the sensitive one?

"Don't take it to heart, Yura," Yerin told me gently. "He... He doesn't know what he's saying."
"Forget it." I shook my head.

I grabbed my things and made my way out of the cafe. It was raining hard, but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything anymore.

Kim Yugyeom. You jerk. You said you'd never let me get hurt. You promised... I pulled out my phone, dialing JB's number quickly.

"Yah," I said, not caring about the fact that he was older.
"What?"

I hesitated.

"Jung Yura-"
"Yugyeom. He's such a jerk."
"Wow... I never imagined you would be telling me that. Yugyeom, a jerk? Not BamBam?"

He actually sounded amused! I almost scoffed.

"Where are you?"
"Dorm."

I hung up.

I made my way to their dorm. Then he was calling me. I ignored it. I was going to see him anyway. Why would I answer his call?

"Aish... Get in here," he mumbled when he saw me outside, opening the door wider. "You can't get a fever." He ran into his room, grabbing a towel and clothes. "Change into these. They might be a bit big but they'll fit," he threw his clothes at me and pushed me inside the bathroom.

I sighed as I changed into his clothes. He was really a leader, though. He cared.

"Come here," he motioned me to sit down in front of him. I went and sat down. He started drying my hair with the towel. "Tell me everything. What happened to you? Why were you alone in the rain? I thought Yerin, Jimin and Yugyeom were with you. You could get a fever."
"It's nothing." I shook my head.
"Don't shake your head. You're getting me wet, too,"

I bit my lip.

"Tell me the truth. It's not nothing. What did Yugyeom do?"

His soft tone made me tell him everything. He cursed under his breath when I finished. I stared at him.

"Close your heart already," he told me softly. "Stop caring."
"It's easier said than done."
"Everything is," he said, knocking my forehead lightly.

I made a face at him. He laughed lightly.

"JaeBum!" someone yelled.
"What, Jackson?" JB sighed.
"I have chicken, do you want some?"
"Eat it all by yourself. I don't care."

Jackson ran to the living room, holding a plastic bag with three boxes of chicken.

"Three boxes, Jaebum!" he said, waving the plastic in front of his face. "I can't possibly- Oh, hi, Yura,"
"I can't believe you noticed just now," JB sighed.

I raised a hand, smiling slightly.

"Hey, Jackson,"
"Where are the others?" JB questioned.
"Mark and Jinyoung are still eating. Yugyeom's with Yerin. Youngjae is practicing. BamBam's with...."

Jackson trailed off. 

"Just go and eat your chicken," JB waved him off.
"Yes, leader-nim." Jackson grabbed the plastic and walked to the kitchen.

JB sighed.

"Let's talk more in my and Youngjae's room. I'm betting Jackson's going to eavesdrop on us," JB muttered and stood up, holding out his hand. I took it and he pulled me up. He placed his hands on my shoulders and pushed me inside the bedroom.

I sat down on his bed.

"I can't believe Jackson's eating chicken. He texted me a few hours ago, saying they were eating street food in Myeongdong and now he's eating again,"

A small smile formed on my face.

"But moving on from Jackson and his food," he looked at me. "You should just forget about the both of them and never fall in love again."
"It's hard."
"I know." he nodded. "But you have to... You know you have to. If you don't, you'll get hurt. The both of us know that well."

I lowered my head.

"I mean, come on!" he forced a laugh. "We all know by now that the people we both love can never love us the same way we love them."
"What's your point?"
"How about we just completely shut them out?"

Isn't that a bit too harsh?

When I said that out loud, he just laughed bitterly.

"It's not harsh. Like I said, Yura, let out the monster inside us. So we won't be hurt. I don't want to be hurt anymore. I know you feel the same way. With Yugyeom, BamBam... Admit it. You don't want to be used anymore. Yugyeom's taking you for granted. BamBam used you."

I looked up at him.

"Stop, Jaebum. Why are you like this?"
"Noh JungEun. She's the reason why I'm like this."


______________________________________________________________

I don't know what I'm writing anymore ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But how was it? Any comments? (Any suggestions??)