004

Stupid Me

"It's not my place to-"
"Jung YuRa. He can't force you to keep on acting as his girlfriend. Tell him you want to stop."
"But, I-"
"Don't tell me you actually want to keep on fake dating him! Wake up, YuRa! He doesn't love you and he never will! Stop trying to make yourself believe that he will love you eventually just because you're acting as his girlfriend! This isn't a fairytale, YuRa. This isn't a drama, either. This is real life, and in real life, not everything that you want to happen will happen."

Here I was again, fighting with YuGyeom because of me being BamBam's fake girlfriend.

"It's my life, YuGyeom. You can't tell me what to do with it."
"I'm not telling you to do what I tell you to do. I'm just simply suggesting these things because I don't want you to get hurt. I care about you, YuRa. You deserve someone better than that heartless jerk you fell in love with."
"He's your best friend! How can you say that about-"
"Not anymore."

What?

"I hate how he's just using you, YuRa." he said, his voice softer now. "If he's going to ask you to be his girlfriend, he should at least love you. He doesn't even care about you! You're my best friend, YuRa. I don't like seeing you hurt."

I lowered my head.

"You deserve someone better." he repeated quietly, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Stop it already. I know you're getting hurt."
"Why do you even care so much about this, YuGyeom?" I sighed.
"You're my best friend. I don't need any other reason."

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder.

"BamBam is your best friend, too. You know he is,"
"But I care more for you. I can't stand seeing him hurt you."
"Thanks for caring, Gyeom, but I can do things on my own. You don't need to tell me what to do," I said slowly. "I'm sorry we argued, Gyeom, but it's my life. I choose what I want to do with it."

I didn't want to talk about it any longer so I just left. I walked away from him. And it was the first time I did so in our entire friendship.

My phone vibrated. I pulled it out of my pocket to see a message from Yugyeom.

'Fine. Have it your way. You said it's your life so solve your problems by yourself from now on, and don't expect me to comfort you when you come to me, saying that BamBam hurt you.'


***


"You guys really fought? You and Yugyeom?" I asked him.
"You could put it that way," he shrugged. "You guys argued, too, right?"
"Yeah..." I nodded slowly.
"You okay? He's your best friend and all that-"

I shook my head.

"It's different not having him around me, BamBam..." I spoke quietly. "He was always there when I needed him. Whenever I cried, he always comforted me and told me everything was going to be okay, but now... What am I supposed to do without him?"
"Why did you guys fight, anyway?"

I looked at him.

"You,"

He seemed surprised when he pointed to himself.

"What about me?" he was silent for a while. "Is this because you're my fake girlfriend?" I nodded. He scoffed.
"Jealous guy," he muttered. "It wouldn't be like this if he already made the first move."
"No, it's not like that. What are you even talking about? It's because I'm still acting as your girlfriend. That's why we're arguing..."
"Why does he even care?"
"He says I'm getting hurt..."
"Are you?"

I didn't say anything for a while.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly. "I'm sorry I pulled you in this..."
"No, it's fine. I said yes,"

I looked down.

He reached out, taking my hand. He squeezed it gently. I knew he was trying to comfort me.

"I'm sorry... Should we just stop this? I don't want to ruin your friendship with Yugyeom."
"It's fine," I said.
"Are you sure? He's your best friend and all that..."
"It's fine," I repeated, looking up at him. "Really, BamBam. It's going to be fine,"

He watched my movements. I pulled my hand away and stood up.

"I'm going home already,"
"I'll take you home," he offered.

I didn't mind him and walked ahead. Soon enough, he caught up with me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'll be Yugyeom's replacement for now."

I shrugged his arm off. Normally, I'm not really used to skin ship.

"Shouldn't you be at your dorm right now?"
"It's a free day. No one stays at the dorm during free days. We all go out."
"I see..."
"So today, I'm staying with you because Yugyeom isn't here,"
"I'm betting JB is with JungEun."

He was silent. I looked at his face. He was biting his lip.

"Yeah, he probably is," he sighed. "They're dating after all,"
"I-I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said it,"

He forced a smile.

"It's fine, YuRa." he said. "Do you want to go get some coffee first before you go home? My treat,"


***


"Caramel macchiato, my lady," he spoke softly, placing a cup in front of me.
"Thanks," I smiled slightly, reaching for the cup and bringing it to my lips. He took a seat in front of me. "You're not going to drink anything?"
"If I drink one more, I'd be hyped up on caffeine. I drank three cups already this morning."

I nodded slowly.

"YuRa!" someone called my name.
"It's YeRin," BamBam mouthed to me so I didn't have to look around. She came up to our table.
"Why are you- Oh... Are you guys on a date?"
"We're not," BamBam smiled. "I just bought her something to drink,"
"Do you guys mind if me and YuGyeom join you?"

I lowered my head.

"Umm... Not at all..." BamBam said slowly.
"Yerin-ah, I should get going. I still have something to do," Yugyeom spoke up. I looked up.
"You don't want anything to drink before you go?"
"It's fine,"

With that, Yugyeom ran out of the coffee shop. Yerin sat down on the seat next to me.

"What's the deal? You said you were going to apologize," she told me.
"It didn't work out..." I said weakly, drinking my macchiato.

She sighed.

"Why are you guys here alone? Date?"
"We're not on a date, Yerin," BamBam repeated. "We're just friends."

That word really hurts a lot...

The truth is supposed to hurt...

"Okay, but you better apologize again, Yura. He refuses to even talk about you."

BamBam scoffed.

"What's wrong with you?" Yerin raised her eyebrows.
"Yugyeom's jealous, Yerin. It's obvious!"
"He has nothing to be jealous of."

While they were talking, I stayed silent. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know what to say. Hanging out with BamBam was really different from hanging out with Yugyeom.


______________________________________________________________

Hi!! I'm sorry I only updated just now!! :((( And this was a crappy chapter. Sorry!!!! :((((( What do you think of it, though???