Prologue

Stupid Me

"I'm so sorry about this," he told me quietly before gently placing his lips on mine, his hands resting on my waist.

 

I wasn't surprised. Not even a little bit. He had already warned me about this, so it was okay. But I still can't believe I lost my first kiss to him. To someone who didn't even love me... Is it good enough that I was in love with him? Or is it still useless because he doesn't have any real feelings for me?

 

I didn't do anything. I just went with it. Yet the kiss felt... Cautious. Like he was careful... Maybe because it was my first...

 

"Sorry about that." he apologized when he pulled back around six, seven seconds later. "I wasn't exactly planning on kissing you. I just did... I'm really sorry for taking your first kiss."

"It's fine." I told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked me. I nodded. "Really? I mean... Seriously? You're okay with it?" I nodded.

"It's not like I have anyone I like that I want to lose my first kiss to."

"So you let me take it?"

 

I nodded.

 

"But I don't love you. You don't love me, either. Shouldn't you have your first kiss with someone you love, not with your fake boyfriend?"

 

That stung... But it was true. He didn't love me, and he was only my fake boyfriend. We don't have anything special. It's just acting.

 

"I don't mind having it with you. Better with you than someone barely know." I said. He nodded slowly. "What were you planning to do, anyway? Why did you kiss me? What was that for?"

 

He didn't answer and turned a bit to the side.

 

"I don't want things to go wrong. I'm worried. JaeBum is really... He's really protective of her. He doesn't want her to be hurt and cry."

 

I was silent.

 

"But if she still loves me, she would be hurt, right? She would be hurt if I kissed you, right?"

"Probably..." I spoke. "I'm not exactly sure. But if she does, she will. Just remember, BamBam, I'm not Noh JungEun. I can't always give you the right answers when it comes to things like this. I don't know the way she thinks."

 

He nodded.

 

"You're not my first love, Jung YuRa. I can remember that. But in a way, you remind me of her. You and her are just two extremely different people, but you also have this charm that she has."

"And that is...."

"Innocence, Jung YuRa. You have the naivety and innocence that I always liked about her. But no, you're just not the same."

 

Yeah, we're not the same. I'm a completely different person from Noh JungEun.

 

For one thing, she has his heart. As for me, I'm just standing here, waiting for him to return my heart and not to run away with it. He has my heart, and I'm pretty sure that one day, he's going to break it.

 

Right now, it's just starting to break. I can sense his desperation to have her back, his love for her. The love that I wish I can have, but I know it can't. I can see that look in his eyes when he sees JungEun with JaeBum. I know that look. It's the exact same look you can find in my eyes when he's talking about JungEun and how much he misses her, how much he loves her and how much he needs her. Yet he never notices it. He never notices how quiet I get when he starts talking about his love. When he starts talking about her, it's like he's slipping inside his own world, a world where all he can see is her.

 

But soon enough, I'm pretty sure that my heart will be shattered, and he still won't notice. He still won't notice me and my broken heart. He won't realize how much my heart is yearning for him. He won't see how much I actually love him, how much I actually care about him.

 

So why am I doing this? Why am I agreeing to become his fake girlfriend, you ask?

 

Because I want to see him happy.

 

That's basically it.

 

My heart might be breaking, but if he's happy, maybe I can live with it.

 

I'll l eventually learn to get over him, right?

 

But as for now, I'm willing to help him. I'm willing to let myself be hurt. Even though I feel so stupid for falling for him, for falling for someone who doesn't even recognize me as more than just a friend, I'll still love him.

 

That's how much I love him. That's how much I care.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi~ Prologue is here already!! XD How do you like it?? Comment please on what you think of it! ^.^