Chapter 4: R & J

Oh, Sehun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun let out a dreamy sigh with both his hands cupping his cheeks, “Isn’t he just gorgeous?” He asks no one in particular, but earns a raised brow from Luhan who was quietly wiping down a table beside him.

“Uh huh, but shouldn’t you be at school?” The elder asks, spraying some more Ajax onto the table and wiping it away to leave the table completely spotless and shiny.

The brunet shrugged, not tearing his gaze from the tall, elf-like male who was awkwardly shuffling around the café, serving customers with the usual derpy grin. “Yeah, I guess so.”

Luhan huffs and shakes his head disapprovingly, “You shouldn’t be wagging, Baek. Aren’t you trying to get a scholarship or something?” he scolds with a frown.

“Lu, do you think he’s single?” Baekhyun asks, completely ignoring Luhan’s question. 

Honestly, Luhan couldn’t care less about his co-worker’s relationship status right now, and he didn’t want to look like he was slacking off when Yixing’s eyes were more or less stuck on to his back and scrutinizing his every move. “Maybe, why?”

Baekhyun rolls his eyes and turns his head to face Luhan, giving him one of his sassiest looks, “’Why?’ Why do you think, Sherlock?” he asks while Luhan stared at him with his head slightly tilted to the side. Baekhyun lets out an exasperated sigh, “You’re so clueless for someone so old,” he states with a huff, “I’m obviously in love with him.”

Luhan stared at the latter dumbfoundedly, for a while feeling slightly offended for being called old,  his hands still moving on it’s own accord and wiping the table he was working on, before scoffing incredulously, “Baek, you’ve known him for three days,” he pointed out.

“So?” Baekhyun furrows his brows, “Romeo and Juliet fell in love in like an hour, why can’t I fall in love with a cutie like him in three days?”

“Baek,” Luhan finished the table and moved over to another, still keeping his eyes on Baekhyun, “Their ‘love’ lasted for like a week and killed six people, so I really don’t think you should be following in their footsteps.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and stood up, pushing his fringe out of his face as he did so, “Yeah, well, whatever. We’re still going to get married and live in a mansion with a dozen puppies.”

Luhan shook his head, but didn’t reply, choosing to keep his eyes on the table in front of him instead.

 

“Baek, it’s an emergency!”

Baekhyun’s right eye twitched as he looked over at the red clock hanging on his pale white wall reading 6:45, “Sehun, I swear to freaking god I’ll come over there and ring your neck if you aren’t in a life or death situation right now,” he threatened with his eyes still closed.

“I told you, it’s an emergency!” Sehun shrieked from over the line.

“Right, of course it is,” Baekhyun replied sarcastically, “Well, what is it?”

“Oh, it’s just that I—I’m getting ready for today and Ican’t choose between the red or white shir--”

“No.”

Baekhyun ended the call and chucked his phone under his bed, snuggling back into his warm, fluffy pillow right after-wards. It was too early to be worrying about fashion and he needed his beauty sleep if he was going to seduce the handsome Park Chanyeol on Monday.

But why was Sehun calling him so early in the morning on a Sunday?

‘That wakes up at like 3PM even on the week days…’

Then it hit him.

Literally.

“Fu--” he cursed at the floor as he pushed himself up into a sitting position, gently rubbing his nose to lessen the pain, “Stupid floor…” he mumbled with his lower lip slightly jutted out into a small pout, then looked back up at the clock before letting out a sigh.

“It’s Sunday already, huh?”

 

 

The doorbell rang at exactly nine, (Sehun may or may not have waited outside for about five minutes until it was exactly nine because he didn’t want to be too early or too late) right after Luhan had received a text from Baekhyun saying he’d suddenly come down with a fever and couldn’t make it.

“Bull,” Luhan muttered under his breath.

Minseok’s eyes widened as he gasped dramatically, still in his Doraemon pyjamas. He pointed at his father with his tiny index finger and shrieked; “Daddy! Daddy said a bad word!”

Luhan mentally facepalmed and chuckled sheepishly as he picked his son up. “Sorry, Minnie, daddy didn’t mean to.”

“Bad words are for bad people” Minseok cried, thrashing around in Luhan’s arms. “Daddy’s a bad person!”

“No, no Minnie, daddy isn’t a bad person!” Luhan huffed before putting Minseok down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter