Chapter 3: Baekhyun

Oh, Sehun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 



 

Luhan had almost forgotten how nice it was to be able to spent time with his little angel. It'd been way too long since they'd spent time together and during the weekend, Luhan realized that he had been missing out on so much. Why was it that Baekhyun got to play with Minseok and watch him grow up while Luhan was almost non-existent in Minseok's little world? He wanted to be the one raising his child, and even though Baekhyun and him were close, he was still not Minseok's father. 

 

Luhan could only blame himself for depriving Minseok's childhood of happy family memories. Himself and Je Ra, of course. If Je Ra hadn't abandoned them the moment Minseok opened his eyes for the first time, then perhaps life would have been better, easier for both of them. 

 

But what's done is done, and Luhan promised himself that he'll spend more time with Minseok from that day on. He'll be there, holding his son's hand every step of the way.

 

On Monday, after having dropped Minseok off at his school, Luhan went straight to the café which he was already quiet fond of, despite only having worked their for one day.

 

Monday was no different to Friday, though, the cafe was still cheerful and lively yet had a hint of calm floating in the air along with the scent of freshly brewed coffee. Luhan loved how people always left the cafe with a smile on their faces, even if they came in puffy eyed and crying about their latest break-up (he'd seen one girl who came in just like that and left with the biggest, brightest grin he'd ever seen in his life). 

 

The cafe's V.I.P costumer dropped by earlier than he did on Friday, this time wearing a large brown coat which looked like it was worth more than Luhan's whole existence, and a brand new pair of sunglasses. 

 

The same cold expression was still plastered onto his face as if it had been permanently tattooed onto his otherwise flawless face but he spared Luhan a small smile when he waltzed up to him a few minutes after he'd sat down in his usual seat near the window. "Same as Friday, thank you."

 

Luhan's lips curved up into a 'u' shap as he nodded, scribbling down the same order the owner's son had given him three days ago. 

 

“I’ve seen you before,” Sehun said quietly, almost as if he was hoping Luhan wouldn't hear him and simply skip away. 

 

But Luhan had wolf like hearing so he heard it loud and clear. Tilting his head to the side, he pointed at himself with his index finger with an eyebrow raised. “Me...?” 

 

Sehun nodded, shifting his position on his chair to face Luhan, “We were in the same class,” he stated while slipping off his sunglasses to look Luhan in the eyes, “You dropped out because you got some girl pregnant and had to take care of the kid after she dumped him on you, right?”

 

'Rude!' Luhan screamed inside his head but  kept his smile and happy-go-lucky act in tact. He skimmed through his high school memories to see if he actually knew the male or not.

 

And then it hit him (not literally, of course).

 

Luhan froze, clutching the small notepad extra tight as he remembered that rude little brat who was moved up like two years up because he was apparently a so-called genius. but had no friends what-so-ever. He was really up himself because his father was some rich man who owned many restaurants, cafes and hotels and he was handed everything immediately. Luhan didn’t like him much, heck the short period of time he'd actually bothered to talk to the younger, he'd ended up regretting it more than having trusted Je Ra.

 

But he can't hate the owner's son, he need this job so screw his hatred towards the latter. People change and so can Sehun.

 

“Ah! Right,” Luhan grinned sheepishly and scratched the back of his neck, “Sorry, didn’t recognize you.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “I realized,” he mumbled. "Just go get me my coffe, please." Most insincere 'please' Luhan had ever heard, and that was enough to make him walk away with a forced smile and beg for Chanyeol, another waiter who had this 'I'm so happy, I could kill bunnies' kind of vibe (though Luhan didn't see how that made sense) to take the man's order from now on. 

 

He wasn't going to try and be nice to the kid who blew him off in high school when he was trying to befriend the 'loner kid'. 

 

"Please!" he begged, "He recognizes me, he can like, I don't know, blackmail me or something!"

 

"Blackmail you into what? Bringing him his coffee?" Chanyeol asked and wrapped his arms infront of his chest, "I'm not going to take his order, he hates my guts and I'm not risking my job for anyone because I kind of--"

 

"LUHAN HYUNG!" an awfully familiar voice yelled, slamming open the cafe door and making the whole place shake. 

 

Baekhyun rushed inside, Minseok on his back and his school bag in his hands, with tears in his eyes and smudged black eyeliner around his eyes which made him look like a typical emo-ish high school kid or a very creepy panda. 

 

“Baekhyun?” Luhan scrunched up his nose and furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you--" 

 

"HE BROKE UP WITH ME!" Baekhyun wailed, wrapping both his arms around Luhan's waist, "he freaking broke up with me and I-- I just... I don't know what I did wrong!"

 

Luhan was confused, he didn't even know Baekhyun had a boyfriend, he never really had the time to talk about Baekhyun's personal life with him so this was certainly news to him. He led the broken-hearted Baekhyun to an empty table while Minseok patted the crying elder's head with a cute little pout and taery eyes of his own. 

 

"Don't cry Baek hyungie..." the six year old cooed over and over again. 

 

"Just calm down okay?" Luhan took Minseok off of Baekhyun back and sat him down on a chair, gesturing Baekhyun to sit on the other chair, "It's not the end of the world or anything, just a stupid guy who was stupid enough to let you go," Luhan had no idea what hed was saying, but this was what his best friend told him when Je Ra left and it kind of helped him so hopefully...

 

"He's the smartest guy in school!" Baekhyun cried, bangging his head on the table, "I swear to freaking god that everything was going just fine, but then he just broke up with me! Via a text message!" He fis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter