Chapter 9: Mommy?

Oh, Sehun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun was seated inside the toilet, humming softly to himself when he realized something was missing.

 

Something important.

 

Something that he considered more important than his entire life.

 

Something with a lot of other things that he'd rather nobody, except him, would ever get to see.

 

He heaved up a sigh once he finally remember the thing he had forgotten, and looked up at the ceiling, mentally scolding himself for having lost something so important. 

 

---

 

 

 

“Daddy, where is my mommy?”

 

Luhan looked up at his son with wide eyes. “W-wha- huh?” he stuttered.

 

Minseok furrowed his eyebrows and folded his arms in front of his chest with a little pout etched out onto his face. “All of my friends have mommies! I want a mommy too!” Minseok puffed up his cheeks and walked towards his father, his arms still folded in front of his chest. “So where is my mommy?”

 

Luhan simply blinked, trying to think of a reasonable answer to his son’s question.

 

“I-”

 

“I’M HERE~! You won't believe what happened last night!” Baekhyun hollered as he slammed the front door close. He shuffled over to the kitchen where Luhan and Minseok were and threw his bags onto the floor before running up to Minseok and engulfing him in a big bear hug. “I talked to Park Chanyeol and-”

 

Minseok pushed himself away from Baekhyun and frowned, “Hyung, where is my mommy?”

 

Baekhyun paused for a few seconds before blinking the same way Luhan had done a few minutes ago. “W-what?”

 

“Taeminnie said that it’s weird for me to not have a mother.” Minseok explained and huffed. “So I want a mommy too!” Minseok snapped his head around to face Luhan again. “Daddy, where do I get a mommy” He asked with tears welling up in his eyes and his voice nearly cracking.

 

Luhan stared at his son with a shocked expression, his mouth hung open and his eyes twice its usual size.

 

“Hey, hey, hey!” Baekhyun turned Minseok back around so he was facing him instead and frowned. “You can't just get a mommy on such short notice! You need to wait a few years for her, well, him to become your mother.”

 

“But I want a mommy now!” Minseok exclaimed, tears threatening to fall out from his eyes. “I want a mommy and a daddy and a doggy too! I want a normal family and- and go on picnics and do stuff that my friends do!” he sniffled, rubbing his eyes with the back of hand.

 

Luhan gaped at his son, still frozen in his seat.

 

“Aww you poor child!” Baekhyun cooed and pulled Minseok into another hug.

 

Minseok was just about to open his mouth and say something, but was interrupted by the doorbell. All three of them spun their heads around to look at the direction of the front door. The two adults stared at it, not making any attempt to open it.

 

Minseok huffed and rolled his eyes exaggeratedly before pulling himself away from Baekhyun and stumbling towards the door.

 

“Who is it?” he asked, staring up at the big door.

 

He heard some shuffling from the other side before a familiar voice answered with a simple “It’s Sehun.”

 

“Oh ho!~” Baekhyun chortled from the kitchen, winking at Luhan and earning a smack on the head from the elder.

 

Minseok nodded to himself before reaching up to the door knob and unlocking it. He opened the door a little and poked his head outside. His eyes were met with a pair of long, pale white legs. Minseok’s eyes trailed up to the person’s face and he smiled at Sehun who was, for some odd reason, wearing only a white singlet and pink shorts in the middle of winter.

 

“Pretty haired hyung!” he chirped and pushed the door open fully to let Sehun in. Sehun mumbled a good morning to the child before stepping inside.

 

Just then, Baekhyun skipped out of the kitchen to greet his friend, only to freeze in his tracks and gape at the latter with wide eyes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter