Chapter 2: The Son

Oh, Sehun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 




 

It took Baekhyun awhile to convince his friend to ask his father to let Luhan work at the café because honestly, his friend was an . Baekhyun not only had to clean up the jerk's room (which was a dump for someone as rich as him who could actually afford maids and cleaners), he also had to wash the brats friend's dog (because Sehun had volunteered to do so without realizing what he was getting himself into and decided to just dump the two swines on Baekhyun instead). 

After all that was done and Baekhyun fell onto his friend's marshmallow like bed, his friend decided that he hadn't sufferent enough, so, “I’ll ask if you wash my car for me,” his friend grinned. 

“What?!” Baekhyun screamed at the top of his lungs, ready to rip the jerk's hair out, but stopped himself when he remembered Minseok’s adorable little face being all sad and pouty at the fact that his father was never ever home to play with him. He huffed, balling his fists by his sides, “Fine! But you better get him in.”

His blonde haired friend scoffed, "Of course I'll get him in." 


***


“Great news!” Baekhyun chimed when Luhan walked into the apartment. “You’re hired!” 

Luhan gasped dramatically and they both threw their hands in the air, squealing like a pair of teenage girls until Luhan finally came to his senses and remembered that his baby boy was still asleep in his bedroom and the walls were paper thin in his worn-out apartment. He quickly shushed Baekhyun, but the grin which had permanently etched itself out onto his flawless face gave no signs of disappearing anytime soon. 

“You’re not kidding, right?”

Baekhyun shook his head and shoved a paper bag at Luhan's chest.

“Your uniform,” he stated as Luhan hugged the bag with both arms. “You start tomorrow, 9AM sharp. Don’t you dare be late!” Baekhyun handed a piece of paper with the address written on it. “You can wear casual and then change there if you want, I'd prefer that over you walking around wearing a waiters costume all over the streets of Seoul.” 

Luhan thanked the younger and even gave him a big bear hug and a $50 dollar note before he left. 

Feeling a little bit more energetic than usual he skipped over to Minseok’s room while humming to himself. 

“Minseok ah~” he cooed, jumping onto the bed and scooping up the little boy into his arms, “Daddy’s going to start spending more time with you,” he hugged the boy’s small figure and continued to talk even though Minseok was fast asleep and couldn't hear anything his father was saying to him. “Let’s have a lot of fun together, okay?” Luhan smiled and let go of his child before rolling off the bed and making his way over to the bathroom.

Thank god it was Friday tomorrow, it meant that the day after Luhan had the whole day to spend with Minseok and he wouldn’t have to make Baekhyun come over. Baekhyun was expensive after all, for Luhan at least.  

Luhan took a quick shower before crawling back into bed next to the warm Minseok and fell asleep almost immediately. 

***

The next morning his alarm went off at 6AM since he had forgotten to change it to eight instead. He still got out of bed and decided to make breakfast for Minseok, which he rarely had time to do before because if he was still working his usual shifts then he would be rushing to get ready for work right now. 

He didn’t make much, just eggs and bacon which he knew Minseok loved, or well, loved since Luhan really haven't talked to his son in awhile. Luhan frowned at this, he no longer knew what his son's favorite breafast was! What kind of parent was he?

Sighing dejectedly, he sent a message to Baekhyun saying he didn’t have to come over to drop Minseok off at school, telling him to just pick him up after school. 

By the time he was done ith making breakfast, it was already time to wake little Minseok up. 

“D-daddy…?” the small boy rubbed his eyes sleepily once he'd sat up on the bed. 

“Yes, Minnie?” Luhan replied as he picked Minseok up off the bed and carried him to the bathroom. 

Minseok's eyes immediately snapped open, doe eyes sparkling as he wrapped both his chubby arms around his father and gave him a extremely tight hug. 

“Daddy!" he squealed, face lighting up and his cheeks squishy cheeks pulling up as he grinned from ear to ear, "Is daddy going to play with me today?” he asked excitedly making Luhan huff and shake his head sadly. 

“Oh Minnie, I’m sorry, but daddy won't be able to play with you today...” Luhan replied

Minseok whined, pouting and complained about how he never gets to play with daddy and how he was sick of Baekhyun making him eat all his broccoli. Luhan put Minseok down on the small red stool he had bought for him so he can reach the sink and ruffled the young boy’s hair while laughing softly. 

“Daddy will play with Minnie tomorrow,” he said with a bright smile, but Minseok continued to pout.

“Daddy always says that!” 

“I promise I’ll be here tomorrow,” Luhan squatted down so he was at eye level with Minseok’s pouty face. “We’ll play all day, okay?” 

Minseok grumbled but nodded anyway. “Okay...” 

***

Af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter