Chapter 1: A Helping Hand

Oh, Sehun!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 



 



A small sigh escaped the young man’s lips as he placed the plastic cup of water down on the small table. He had thought that a cup of cold water would ease his nerves, but it failed. Hot, sweaty and a tad impatient, Luhan tapped his feet on the floor without any precise beat. 

He wasn’t exactly pleased with the sudden turn of events which he knew he'd have to live with from now on. He hated the idea of having to grow up all of a sudden to take care of a thing that hadn't even exist a few months ago. 

Did he regret it? Yes, very much. 

But will he abandon it and run away like his so-called ‘soulmate’ did? No, he wasn’t that much of a coward (although some may or may not disagree with that statement). 

“Lu Han-shi?” the young receptionist called his name out after what felt like hours – twenty-five minutes to be precise— making him stumble up from the rather uncomfortable seat. 

“Y-yes?” 

The receptionist offered him a bright smile which he replied to with a small shaky one of his own before he was told to enter the room across the hall, and he did as he was told. He bowed to the receptionist before making his way to the door, knocking softly first before entering the white room, mumbling a small ‘excuse me’. 

“Hello,” chirped an overly excited doctor who goes by the name Park Bom according to the name plate placed on her desk. Luhan greeted the doctor politely before closing the door behind him and sitting down on the chair that was in front of Dr. Park. “I presume that you are the father?” Luhan nodded and Dr. Park beamed. “Great!”

‘Great? How is this great?’

“Well, just a sec,” the doctor stood up from her seat and skipped out of the door, closing it behind her. Luhan let out yet another sigh and ruffled his hair with his hand. This doctor's cheerfulness was really bugging him because he was anything but enthusiastic about what she was going to be bringing back.

Minutes later Dr. Park skipped back inside the room, holding what seemed like a bundle of clothes in her arms. “This is Kim Minseok,” she held out the small bundle to Luhan with both hands and Luhan took it into his arms carefully. “You weren’t there to name him so the mother named him with her surname.” 

Luhan nodded and looked down at the warm bundle of joy he was holding. Two big orbs stared back at him and the small one’s lips curved into a small 'u' shape, his adorable squishy cheeks being pulled up as he smiled at the man with curiosity filling his doe eyes. He reached out for the man with his small yet chubby hands and Luhan was shocked, to say the least. 

He had thought he’d hate the little monster for ruining his life and causing him to drift away from his lover and his beloved mother, but he didn’t feel any hatred towards the small human-being whom he now held securely in his arms. His heart fluttered and a small smile, similar to the baby’s, crept up onto his face without him even realizing. 

“Kim Minseok…” he said under his breath and poked the young one’s button nose with his index finger. 
A warm feeling snuck its way into his heart and he stopped listening to the doctor, who was rambling on about how to take good care of a child as a single paren,t as he watched his baby boy smile. 

***


Six years and nothing much has changed since, Luhan still loved Minseok even though he rarely got to spend time with his growing child and Minseok loved his father more than anything in the world. It wasn’t all fun and games being a single father at the age of twenty-two but he somehow managed even though he had to work the whole day, and sometimes even the night, meaning he rarely had any time for his adorable six-year-old. 

Minseok was still dependent on his father despite the fact that he rarely got to hang out with him. He loved his babysitter, he really did, but he was nothing compared to his father. Every night he’d try to stay up past his bedtime to spend at least a little bit of time wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter