Caramel Frappe

Metanoia

It's been 2 years without Taeyeon in Irene's life but it still affect her everyday. In fact, it haunts her every night. It doesn't make her sleep until 2AM. The thoughts of what could have been and all the questions Irene wants to ask, kills her at night. Overthinking about things that still matter to her. She got to the point where she have to hurt herself just to conceal the emotional pain she's feeling. Irene is full of secrets. She keeps everything to her self knowing that nobody will truly care anyway. She doesn't even have real friends to begin with. And her parents ain't got time to even listen to her. That's the kind of world she lives in. She only has her self. And it will be the death of her.

 

Irene ordered a hot white chocolate mocha at her favorite cafe. She take her favorite seat at the corner but stood up immediately when she felt that she sat on something. "Oh." she said as she grab the phone that was on the seat. She looks around to find the owner but she is the only customer inside the small cafe. She inspects the phone to get informations about the owner. The lockscreen is a picture of a boy group that made Irene roll her eyes. She hates boy group and she thinks that boy group fans are bunch of immature kids. The homescreen is a selca of a girl. "This must be the owner." Irene checks the gallery immediately and found 8762 photos. 60% selcas, 40% boy groups. "God what a narcissist" she said while scrolling down the phone's gallery. But Irene must admit, the girl is really cute, very angelic. She decides to check on the girl's SNS but a new message arrived.

From: Number Unknown

Message: 

If somebody finds this phone. Please return it to me. I'll be waiting at Jeguk High parking lot until 8pm. Please answer back. TT_TT

Irene sends a reply immediately

To: Unknown Number

Message:

Can't you just pick it up at the cafe right now? As in right now. I'm gonna wait.

*phone rings*

"Hello?"

"Ok. Stay there! I'm gonna pick up my phone. Don't go anywhere! I'll be there in 20 minutes"

"Mmkay"

 

Irene orders a drink for two while waiting for the phone owner. She looks at the phone gallery to kill her time and keep her busy.

Then finally someone enters the cafe. Since Irene is the only person in there, the girl made her way to Irene.

"Uhm, is that my phone?" The girl smiles shyly

"Ahh yeah." Irene handed the phone to her.

The girl smiles with her teeth showing and her eyes smiles as well. "Thank you! I missed my phone so much." says the girl while slightly squealing.

"Don't you wanna take a seat for a moment? I bought you a caramel frappe" Irene asks kindly.

The girl smiled and took a seat in reply.

"So, did you check on my phone gallery?"

"Uhh.. No.. I.. Only checked your phone when your message popped up." 

"Good, because my pictures are embarrassing." The girl says with a chuckle.