Best Friend

Metanoia

Joy was in a deep sleep until the cold wind catches her skin. Joy tosses to her side to pull her blanket but she couldn't. She pulls harder until another person groans. 

"Seulgi?!?!" Joy shouted.

The other girl groans and pulls the blanket above her head.

Joy hits her best friend's head with a pillow. 

"You scared the crap out of me." Joy uttered before going back to sleep and tucked herself in the blanket.

 

 

"Babygirl."

"Babygirl.."

Seulgi gently taps Joy shoulder to wake her up.

Joy yawns and slowly open her eyes.

"I made breakfast!" Seulgi smiles and pulls Joy out of bed.

Seulgi is Joy's best friend since forever. They grew up together and now that Joy lost her parents, Seulgi was the one to help her out. Seulgi is an only child and Joy is the sister she never had. Seulgi visits Joy everyday and sleeps at her house once in a while.

"So, what's up? How have you been?" Seulgi asks.

"Been hanging out with a new friend, Irene." Joy says.

Seulgi frowned. "Irene who??"

"New friend I've met. Why are you so mad, you're still my one and only best friend." Joy laughs.

"I have to be your closest friend, okay!!!" Seulgi pouts while crossing her arms.

"Of course!" Joy laughs and pinches Seulgi's nose. 

"So how have you been?" Joy added.

"I wanna tell my crush, Wendy, that I like her."

"But she's dating someone, right?"

"Yeah, Suho." Seulgi felt upset.

"Then why would you tell her you like her if she has a boyfriend?"

"Because she deserves to know, I wont ask anything in return, I just wanna show her that I really like her."

"That would be pointless. She'll just feel awkward about it. And besides, she's happy. If her boyfriend leaves her, then that's the time you can do something for her. Don't rush things, Seul. Just wait for your turn. Keep yourself busy with other things, 'cause we don't wanna ruin people's relationship, right?" Joy pats her best friend's back.

"Yeah, you're right." Seulgi smiles at her best friend.

"But Wendy is so damn pretty, right?" Seulgi added.

"Not as pretty as Irene." Joy smiles.