Spill

Metanoia

"I like you, Wendy."

"I do too."

-

It was one of those nights where Seulgi sleeps at Joy's house. Joy was about to fall in a deep slumber until Seulgi––in her bear onesie, jumped over Joy's bed, slightly hitting the sleeping girl. Seulgi seemed enthusiastic. She's normally a jolly person but something about her smile tells a deeper story. Joy's sleepiness was then replaced by sudden curiousness.

"What's up? What have you been up to?" Joy asked with a husky voice. 

"She likes me." Seulgi responded with a smile.

"What?" Joy rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"Wendy likes me." Seulgi slaps Joy's shoulder out of the extreme excitement and happiness that she couldn't conceal.

"But doesn't she have a boyfriend?" Joy scratched her head out of confusion.

"She does.." 

"Seulgi, you know that's not right, right?" Joy stared at her best friend's eye with a worried expression.

"I know." Seulgi sighed.

"I have no idea how to make this work but we'll figure it out eventually." She continued.

"How the hell did this happen anyway?" Joy needed an explanation. She loves Seulgi but she would never tolerate crudeness, even though it means not supporting Seulgi's happiness.

-

Seulgi was walking around the city with her friends and some few friends-of-friends. Coincidentally, Wendy was also present. Seulgi was the kind of girl who would steal glances in an obvious manner. She kept looking at Wendy without giving a single damn about getting caught. She admires the girl so much that she couldn't take her eyes off her. Not even for a second. And if she had the ability to stop her eyes from blinking, she would.

"I really need to see this movie. But I need a companion." Wendy pouted while looking down at the movie ticket that she was holding.

"Ain't nobody got time for that. Aren't we all busy?" A friend named Yeri responded to Wendy's statement.

"I..I can go. I have nothing to do." Seulgi suddenly replied.

"Good." Wendy said with a smile. "So when can you accompany me?"

"I have no plans for tonight." Seulgi assured Wendy with a smile.

Seulgi accompanied the girl for a movie. They were left alone by their friends and it was Seulgi's first time to be alone with a person that she really likes. They silently entered the cinema and sat in one quiet corner. 

Seulgi is a fan of films. In fact, she once dreamed of owning a cinema or being a filmmaker. But in this moment, Seulgi didn't want to watch the film. She wanted to watch Wendy instead. And she did, actually. The only thing she could hear was the sound of Wendy's breath and the crunch of the popcorn she's eating. 

Wendy caught her gaze and tilted her head before asking "Yes?"

"Nothing." Seulgi smiles.

Seulgi smiled even harder when she saw Wendy smile in return. Wendy then looked back at Seulgi, giving the girl another smile.

"You know what, you are really pretty. Especially, when you smile." Without realizing, Seulgi uttered these words directly to Wendy while staring deeply in her eyes and grinning like a madman.

Wendy looked down at her popcorn smiling shyly. 

But Wendy almost spilled her popcorn after hearing the following words from Seulgi: "I like you, Wendy."

However, Seulgi's heart spilled when she heard Wendy answered: "I do too."