Something

Metanoia

Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked. It's about that very moment where you're doing something and wishing they were right there with you. That's what Irene thought. She haven't seen Joy in a week. That's when she decided to visit the lake, the place where she last saw Joy. The place was empty. Not a single sight of any human being. But it was fine for Irene. She finds peace in quiet places. Places where she can hear her mind. "I'm lonely, you're lovely and I just want to be with you right now even if you don't want to be with me." Irene sighed quietly with a tear falling down her eye, but loud enough to fill the empty place. 

Irene stood up and turned around. Someone's presence surprised the hell out of her.

"How long have you been here?"

"About thirty minutes I guess" Joy replied with her sweet smile.

Irene stretches her hand out to Joy, trying to help the girl stand up from the grass. Joy gently holds on to Irene's hand. It gave Irene a giddy feeling. It actually made her feel a lot better. A flush of red appeared on Irene's sickly pale cheeks. Irene got back to her senses and pulled Joy back up.

"Uhm, do you need someone to talk to?" Joy asks with a worried face.

"Do you mind keeping me company?" Irene asks shyly.

Joy chuckles a little "I don't mind"

A smile appeared on Irene's face. It's really hard to make her smile, Irene's loneliness got to the point where nothing can make her smile anymore. But with Joy, it's different, it's always different. There's something about Joy that can easily make someone smile. And that something hit Irene hard.