Stick

Metanoia

Walking side by side and breathing in fresh air, Irene and Joy felt comfortable. But Irene's heart pumps louder and faster compared to Joy. They were silent, but not awkward. It was a blissful moment for Irene. No word was spoken, no laughter was been shared, no skin contact to the other person. But just standing right beside Joy, Irene felt safe, comfortable, and happy. She looks at Joy like she's the goddess of positivity. Which is kinda true because her presence alone can already make Irene forget her problems even for awhile.

A pleasant melody was added to the sound of their footsteps when Joy started to hum. She hummed so beautifully yet quietly. Irene's eyes widened.

"Stop that!!!" Irene says loudly.

"Why? I'm sorry." Joy looks down, feeling upset.

"No.. I mean stop humming because I might fall in love with you!" Irene says while laughing, trying to make it look like a joke even though she's slowly falling for real. 

Joy laughs hard then suddenly her laugh calms to a wide smile. "Do you sing?" Joy asks out of nowhere.

"A little." Irene smiles shyly and looks at the ground.

"Can you sing for me?" Joy asks excitedly.

Of course, Irene got really shy. She can sing but she's not confident about her voice. But she didn't want to ruin Joy's hype so she's gonna give it a shot.

"Nobody gonna love me better~ I must stick with you forever~" Irene sings while trying to control her laughter, but still continues.

Joy tries to join Irene. "Nobody gonna take me higher~ I must stick with you~

They caught each other's eyes and burst out laughing.

They continued singing without leaving each other's gaze.

"You know how to appreciate me~ I must stick with you my baby~ Nobody ever made me feel this way~ I must stick with you~"

Irene stares deeply into Joy's eyes. Giving her a sweet smile. Joy responds with a wide smile.

They continued walking, heading to Joy's house. Irene is obviously enjoying all of this. But Joy actually feels the same. She may not see Irene as someone she would love yet. But at least she could see Irene as someone she could enjoy being with.

Joy never had somebody to love. Maybe because she's still young, or she loves boy groups too much, or maybe she's still looking for the right person. Joy can capture everyone's heart. She's just so pure and angelic and hard to resist. Her smile can make anyone fall for her.

 

"How many boyfriends did you have?" Irene asks out of nowhere.

"A lot!!!"

Irene sighed and looked down but Joy continued.

"A lot of boy groups!" Joy chuckles and sticks her tongue out a little bit.

Irene laughs and asks "No, seriously. How many boyfriends did you have?"

"Never had one." Joy answers.

"How about girlfriend?"

"What? No!" Joy answers with a laugh.

"Are you homophopic?" Irene asks.

"No."

"Then it's possible for you to have a girlfriend?"

"I guess." Joy gives Irene a smile.

Irene smiles at the thought.

"How bout you, do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend or what?" It was Joy's turn to ask.

"I had a girlfriend"

"Oh what happened?"

"She left me." Irene laughs a little.

"Aww, i'm sorry to hear that." 

"No, it doesn't matter anymore." Irene gives Joy a reassuring smile.

 

It's true. Irene meant everything. It doesn't matter anymore. She got tired of caring for someone who can't even stay with her. She realized that it will be such a waste of time to think about it over and over. The pain was eased. But it was replaced with fear. Fear of making the same mistake twice. But she's willing to take risks. And that will is stronger than the fear she's feeling.