ILY

Metanoia

Sitting on the shabby old couch at Joy's house, Irene watches Joy at the other end. Talking and talking. Telling stories about her family and her life. But Irene just stares at Joy's face and how her lips form the words she say. Not that she's uninterested with the things she say but she couldn't help but watch this beautiful girl. Irene moves closer to hear Joy better. From that moment, Irene wanted to be a word. A word that comes from Joy's mouth. So that she could be able to taste Joy's tongue and lips.

"Irene"

"Irene.."

"Irene!" Joy snapped her fingers to get Irene's attention.

"Oh?" Irene got back to reality.

"You're zoning out again, I remember the first time we met at the cafe" Joy says with chuckle.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to be rude, I wanted to listen but I ended up staring at your face." Irene laughs.

"Why are you like that, there's nothing special about my face." Joy laughs harder.

"There is." Irene assured her with a smile.

"And you wouldn't take thousands of selcas if you aren't pretty." Irene added.

"How?? You checked my phone!!!!" Joy squeals and laughs.

Irene giggled. And slowly placed her hand above Joy's.

Joy looks at her, but not in a bad way. It felt comfortable for Joy. 

Irene got a little nervous so she removed her hand away.

But Joy quickly got her hand back. And squeezes it lightly. "Don't leave my hand" Joy uttered.

"I won't. Not just your hand. Even you. I won't leave you." Irene smiles.

"Me too, I won't ever leave you. I'm your 'bright side' right?" Joy chuckles.

"But everybody leaves." Irene looks down at her feet.

"Not me. You got me." Joy squeezes Irene's hand to assure her.

"I don't know. I wont expect you to stay but if you will, i'll be more than happy." Irene bit her lip.

"People leave and break their promises but sometimes, people prove everything they say. And Irene, I am someone you can believe in because I won't let you down, I promise." 

Irene wraps Joy in a hug, with her tears dripping on Joy's hair.

"I'm just scared to trust people again and get hurt." Irene holds Joy tighter.

"I won't let anyone hurt you again." Joy pats Irene's hair.

Irene breaks the hug and stares at Joy's eyes.

"I like you." Irene voiced out.

Joy paused for a moment. "I like you too."

"As what?" Irene asks.

"I'm not sure yet but I want you around. So just stay with me, okay?" Joy smiles.