Downfall

Metanoia

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes that reason is you're stupid and you make bad choices. That's what Irene thought. Bad choices like giving everything to the person she loves. And sometimes, our best will never be good enough to some people. And it's Irene's mistake to fall in love with a heartless one. Now she's back in her own lonely world. And it's even lonelier now.

[flashback]

"Taeyeon-ah, where are you going?" Irene asks her girlfriend while hugging her from behind.

"To my friend's party."

"Hmm.. Can I.. Can I come?"

"No, it's my friends, not yours." Taeyeon gives Irene a kiss on her forehead before she leaves. 

 

Eating alone, Irene missed Taeyeon like hell, since the girl doesn't answer her calls or even her text messages.

"Where the hell are you, Kim Taeyeon?" Irene sighed

She grab her backpack and wear her hoodie as she leave the house.

She doesn't even know where she's going but her feet took her to the swings at the park.

Out of boredom and loneliness, she decided to stay for awhile.

Zoning out and having deep thoughts, Irene went back to her senses when she think she saw Taeyeon in the gocery parking lot just in front of the park, with another girl. 

"Taeyeon-ah" Irene shouts loud enough to be heard across the street.

Taeyeon gave her a quick glance but didn't say anything. Instead, Taeyeon entered the car hurriedly with the girl.

 

After that, Taeyeon disappeared from Irene's life. Irene waited everyday for her call or message but she never got any. She went to Taeyeon's dorm just to see that no one's there anymore. And it hit Irene like a ton of bricks. It was the downfall of her life. The hardest part is not knowing what's wrong and what happened. It's like she was dreaming of being in love all this time and woke up to an awful reality. It's just so unfair that this person made Irene fall for her hard, and just leave her with no reason or explanation at all. Irene thought that she was the one. That Taeyeon is the best thing she ever had but she lost her in a blink of an eye.

Taeyeon was the only one there for Irene during her struggle with loneliness. She made Irene feel that she doesn't have to face her problems alone. They share the same interest and hobbies and Irene thought that Taeyeon was really her soulmate. Everyone will fall for a girl like Taeyeon, her eyes shine the brightest, her smile can melt everyone's heart and her voice can capture everyone's heart. That's what Irene likes most about Taeyeon. Taeyeon made Irene feel that Irene is the most valueable person in the world. But now she made her feel like a worthless piece of .

 

[end of flashback]