Chapter 4

Just To Make You Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 29, 2014

 

Park Bom spent these past four years in CL’s care, although she had no connections to humans on Earth, Daesung had let her know, very shortly after her arrival, her father did not survive the accident due to excessive internal bleeding. Of course, she was devastated and could not even imagine her father on his dying bed, but that all belonged to the past now. Her father had wished for her survival, she felt blessed with her father’s love and tried her best to make each day worth her father’s sacrifice.

 

At first, she anticipated returning back to her body, but she grew more at ease and fond of living a stress free life with CL and Daesung. No specific task was assigned to her yet, so she spent most of her time helping CL with new arriving angels and she would also volunteer around to see who needs help.

 

It has already been four years since she set foot on Earth.

 

However, today, Daesung swung by and told her that her task has been decided.

 

She was told that a man’s dying wish is to see his son be happy. Although the man has not yet passed away, he is already on his death bed and has been praying for his son to be happy. It seems like his son has been living a closed off and lonely life, all that his father wanted was his son to live well and live happy. Bom found it quite upsetting that someone’s dying wish was for his son to be happy, Bom found it disheartening that someone couldn’t find at least a little aspect in life to be happy for at all.

 

“So yes, it has been decided that we will send you back down on Earth to...erm… make him happy.” They were making their way back on Earth (via the mysterious elevator) so he could show her task to her, “Usually, in tasks we are just sent down to complete someone’s dying wish or help someone complete an unfulfilled task, but this is a little different because the man just wishes for his son to be happy.” Daesung glanced at Bom as she looked confusedly at him. “So…” he paused and became silent for awhile, “be creative”.

 

Talk about vague, Bom thought but nodded and looked away, unsure of what she is really supposed to do.

 

“Keep in mind you’re only there because of your task, if you dig into your personal affairs… as in, attempting something to make your body wake up, you will be sent back up immediately and may never be able to return to your body ever again” he warned. “Just make him happy, stay by his side and protect him, and when the time is right, they’ll send you back up” he glanced at her and recognized the confusion etched on her face, “we never know what happens down on Earth and God will never reveal our future to us, just try your best on this task. As long as you don’t do anything to hurt others, I’m sure all will work well for you” he assured her.

 

The doors of the elevator glided open and a man stepped in. Bom grew nervous and let out a squeal as she hid behind Daesung, “Don’t be silly! He can’t see us!” he assured her as he pulled Bom to the front. “This is your task, his name is Choi Seunghyun. He’s actually one of the top actors in South Korea at the moment.”

 

Park Bom stared at the oblivious man in front of her in amazement, he was by far the most handsome man she has ever seen. She glanced down at his lips and felt her heart tighten a little, he was wearing a frown and his lips seemed to habitually curve downwards. I guess he really is an unhappy man then…Bom thought.

 

The elevator doors slid open as Bom observed her task. Seunghyun stepped out, Daesung and Bom followed suit. Bom found herself walking into something like an office and everyone greeted Seunghyun as he appeared, she took note that he didn’t even acknowledge the people greeting him. He walked down the office and swung a door open to revea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter