Chapter 1

Just To Make You Happy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 24, 2010

 

 

Park Bom was woken up by quiet but frequent beeping noises, she was still feeling drowsy but her instinct told her she had to wake up already. Her vision was still blurry so she tried to shake it off, she found herself sitting on a chair next to a girl sleeping on a bed. She looked around and figured that she must be at a hospital, she took a closer look at the girl. She took in her long black hair and her fair ivory skin, She’s quite pretty, Bom thought. However, as her eyes trailed along the girl’s body, she saw something familiar on the girl’s inner wrist. The inner wrist looked oddly like the pink heart-shaped birthmark Bom grew up with. She quickly glanced at her own wrist and confirmed the two marks were identical.

 

Panic immediately shot throughout Bom’s body, she quickly took another look at the girl’s face and gasped in horror. This was Park Bom. She was staring at Park Bom. Park Bom was a lifeless body hooked on to machines. Beeping Machines.  Bom’s eyes became teary as she grew more and more confused, she quickly ran towards a window in the room. Nothing, there was no reflection of herself. She took quick strides towards the door and tried to grab the door knob, she couldn’t. She looked out into the hallway through the door’s window, there was a doctor and nurse standing right in front. She tried to get there attention by shouting out, but they couldn’t hear a thing and even failed to see her as they both took another quick glance through the window to the sleeping girl’s body.

 

Devastation engulfed her, what is she going to do? What is she SUPPOSED to do? Her legs gave into overwhelmingness and she slowly dropped to her knees on the floor. She felt like bawling out but she couldn’t. All sorts of thoughts raced around in her mind. What about soccer? What about her scholarships? What about University? What about her future? What about her father?! Where is her father? She became scared, this is the end, she thought.

 

Out of nowhere, a pair of warm hands landed on her shoulder, “What are you doing on the floor?” Park Bom’s eye widened and quickly spun around, her eyes widened even more at what she saw. “Pabo, get up, you look really silly!”

 

What Bom saw was a young guy, possibly slightly older than her, but a young guy nonetheless. He had gold locks on his head and wore a warm yet goofy grin. Bom could barely see his pupils as he continued to smile. “Who are you?” she croaked at him.

 

“Me?” the goofy guy pointed to himself and let out a chuckle, “I am here to bring you away!” He slowly and carefully pulled Bom up, he even straightened out her wrinkled shirt as she tried to balance herself again. Bom observed him all this while and he looked back at Bom as she stared at him.

 

“What’s happening? Where are you bringing me?” Bom asked politely. Although she was actually scared out of her mind, she felt at ease with this guy, it felt like she caught a life jacket just as she was about to die drowning.

 

The silly guy went quiet for a minute, he glanced at her sleeping body on the bed and looked back at her with a soft smile. “You were in an accident, you could’ve died but your father protected you, so the impact wasn’t as severe. Some of your nerves inside your brain got damaged due to the collision so you slipped into a coma. Right now, you’re having problems goi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter