The Hospital III

The In-Between (Hiatus)

“What in the world are we supposed to do?” Woohyun hissed under his breath. The creatures were still staring at them, watching their every movement.

“Let's just not agitate them first,” Hoya whispered and slowly reached for a handgun tucked behind his waist. “Did you guys bring guns of any sort? If you do, take it out slowly.”

“Damn, my shotgun's there,” Woohyun gestured to a distance in front of him.

“Take mine,” Dongwoo nudged him slightly. A creature snarled at them suddenly.

“Careful,” Sungyeol hushed. “I'll grab the shotgun, Woohyun-hyung, stay with Gyu-hyung.”

“When I count to three, aim and fire,” Hoya said. “One.”

Woohyun took a deep breath and gripped his gun tightly.

“Two.”

Sungyeol focused on the shotgun in front of him, ready to lunge at any time.

“Three.”

Gunshots fired through the hallway. Screams of both creatures and the five boys erupted. Sungyeol dived for the shotgun, simultaneously firing at one of the creatures that almost pounced on him. Woohyun fired at those that were coming towards him and Sunggyu. Just then, Sunggyu screamed as one of them pulled him from behind. He retaliated as he was pulled backwards. The creature managed to get on top of him, scrawling at his face with its claws.

“GET OFF ME!” he screamed in pain and tried dodging the claws with his arms. Within seconds, Dongwoo came to his rescue, stabbing the creature’s neck with his blade. Sunggyu got up to his feet with Dongwoo's help.

“Guys, I'm out!” Hoya said as he backed away from the creatures. “Dongwoo! Pass me the blade!”

The latter tossed his blade into the air right when one of them creature jumped, going to land on Hoya. He slipped underneath the creature and grab hold of the blade, then stabbing the creature in the leg, resulting it to screech.

“Hoya, get out of the way!” Sungyeol exclaimed and aimed his shotgun at the creature. It exploded into bits right when Hoya rolled away to a side. The last creature caught Sungyeol off guard. It swiped its claws in a quick motion to his back, resulting him to fall to the ground in pain.

“Duck!” Dongwoo yelled as he threw his blade, hitting the creature right at the skull, and that was the end of the bloody brawl.

“Are you okay?” Woohyun rushed to Sungyeol. “It's bleeding!”

“Y-yeah...” he grunted and tried to get up. “I'll be fine.”

“You okay there?” Hoya gave Sunggyu a hand to lift him up.

“I'm okay, just give me a minute to catch my breath,” he answered and exhaled. Adrenaline still pulsed through all of them and the hallway had turned into a bloodbath. Blood was literally everywhere, splatted on the walls and floor.

“We gotta look for Sungjong, he might be around here somewhere too,” Sungyeol said.

“I'll tour around for a minute too see if your friend is anywhere round here with Dongwoo, stay here you guys,” Hoya volunteered. Then, the two said ones took off.

“Thank God you're still alive,” Woohyun took of a layer of his clothing and wrapped it around Sunggyu's bleeding arm. Sungyeol walked over slowly, wincing at the pain on his back.

“Your leg's fine?” Sunggyu asked as he remembered Sungyeol had his leg bitten during the zombie fight.

“Apparently, yeah. I don't know how it could heal that fast. I didn't feel pain anymore after I landed here. The skin was completely recovered except for a big scar there. What about your shoulder after the werewolf bite?”

It was then only Sunggyu found out his shoulder had stopped hurting too, long ago. He pulled the collar of his shirt aside and checked his shoulder. “Mine's healed too. And yes, there's a scar.”

“Just what in the world is happening?” Woohyun clutched his head in distress.

“I don't know, let's just wait for Dongwoo and Hoya to return.”

 

9

 

Hoya and Dongwoo passed a few junctions of the hallways in the hospital but there was no sign of Sungjong. Just then, Dongwoo halted abruptly.

“Wait, hold up,” he told Hoya. “I think I saw something.” The two of them ducked beside a half-damaged bed to inspect.

“It's not moving.”

“I know, looks like a human though,” Hoya said and decided to approach it. “Could be their friend.”

“Oh geez,” Dongwoo covered his mouth in shock as they saw Sungjong laying motionless in a pool of blood. Hoya squatted beside him and reached for his pulse. “He's alive but cold, we gotta stop the bleeding before it's too late. He's barely hanging on.”

Dongwoo immediately took off the jacket he was wearing and wrapped it around Sungjong's arm that was bleeding. Sounds of metal scraping the ground filled the place again.

“It's coming back. We gotta warn the others. You lift his shoulders, I'll get the legs,” Hoya said. They were about to leave but Dongwoo stopped and stood still, frozen in fear.

“What's wrong hyung?” Hoya frowned. “We gotta go.”

“It's...” Dongwoo stuttered. “Right be-behind you.”

Hoya turned to look over his shoulders slowly, seeing The Thing standing there at the junction of the hallway they're in. How did it get here so fast? The two had no clue. Hoya turned back to look at Dongwoo.

“Run. Back to the ER. Now!” The two of them ran while carrying Sungjong, and the creature followed, in a quicker pace...

 

9

 

“What's taking them so long?” Woohyun asked and frowned suddenly. “What if...”

“They'll be fine,” Sungyeol said. “I might not know them long but I'd say they have pretty good combat skills.”

“I hope they're careful though, those creatures ain't a joke,” Sunggyu said and coughed abruptly, still spitting drops of blood.

“Oh my god hyung,” Woohyun knelt beside Sunggyu, hands touching his shoulder.

“I'm okay, it's not like I'm gonna die or something,” Sunggyu gave him his infamous glare that meant to make him worry less.

“But-” Woohyun protested. Sungyeol sat at a corner looking at them, and his lips can't help but curl into a smile despite the pain on his back.

“Just shut it will you, Nam Woohyun? I'd probably die because of the overdose of your constant pestering,” Sunggyu snapped.

Woohyun gave him a slight pout and sat down beside him. “Okay.”

Seconds later, a loud yell filled the hallway, followed by running footsteps.

“GUYS! GET YOUR BUTTS BACK TO THE ER! NOW!!!”

“THE THING IS COMING!”

“It's Hoya! Let's go!” Sungyeol got up as Woohyun helped Sunggyu.

The five of them met as the ran to a junction. “Sungjong!” Sungyeol exclaimed when he saw him being carried by both Hoya and Dongwoo. “Is he okay?”

“Cut the crap, he's alive. We really gotta go!” Dongwoo said and continued running to the ER with Hoya. The other three follow suit.

“Screw...my...life,” Sunggyu gasped as he turned to look over his shoulders- The Thing was coming, and it was hideous. “That is one ugly piece of .”

“Guys! It's gaining speed! I thought it was supposed to be slow?!” Woohyun screamed as he picked up his pace.

“Don't ask me, I have no damn idea!” Hoya hollered from the front. Just then, The Thing swung its gigantic machete at Sungyeol.

“Duck!”

He ducked just at the right moment, rendering the machete to break the wall at the sides, stuck in it. His head would've been chopped off if he was a second slower. The Thing took some effort to pull out its machete from the wall, and it bought them some time to escape.

“Quick! The door!” Dongwoo said. Woohyun and Sunggyu pushed it open as Dongwoo and Hoya carried Sungjong in and placed him on the bed. They shut the door after Sungyeol made his way in, and they all pushed the bed to the entrance, hoping to prevent The Thing from coming in.

“Do you think its gonna break in?” Sungyeol asked.

“Shhh, be quiet,” Hoya hissed. The loud thumping continued to come closer, but passed by the entrance and slowly faded away. Hoya had a finger to his lips, motioning for everyone to stay quiet. He walked towards the entrance, and sighed in relief. “It's gone, but keep it down.”

“Your friend's still bleeding,” Dongwoo said as he rummaged for bandages and gauze from the medic-kit. “He might not make it if this continue. He's starting to freeze.”

“Sungjong,” Woohyun shook him lightly in panic. “Hang in there.”

Sunggyu looked at the poor boy, life fading from him. It was different from the first time seeing him. He was fragile but full of life the moment he crashed in the warehouse, but now...he was fragile and lifeless. Sunggyu pursed his lips and shut his eyes, looking for a solution. Just then, it hit him.

“Hey guys,” he cleared his throat. “I know this might sound stupid but hear me out.”

Dongwoo finished wrapping Sungjong up and turned his head to Sunggyu, so did the rest.

“What is it?” Woohyun asked.

“Me and Sungyeol had severe injuries before we came here. I got bitten during the werewolf ruckus, and Sungyeol had the flesh of his leg tore off by a zombies during the zombie crap.”

“And then?” Hoya raised a brow.

“Sungyeol's was healed when he came here, except for a scar. Mine did too, but I wasn't aware. It would most probably be during the zombie place we landed in.”

“So, you're saying that each new place we land in, we heal. Am I correct, hyung?” Sungyeol asked.

“Bingo. That's what I'm thinking.” Sunggyu nodded.

“Sungjong might be healed,” Woohyun said.

“We can't be here forever anyway, I'd say we risk it,” Dongwoo agrees. “Hoya, the map.”

Hoya opened the map once again and all of them huddled around it except Sungjong. “If the ER is here,” Sunggyu pointed. “The nearest exit we have would be the car park here.” he pointed to the location a distance away from the ER. “Sungjong's life depends on us now, its now or never.”

“But,” Woohyun said. “What if the entrance to the car park is blocked? You won't know what's going to happen.”

“If that's the case,” Sungyeol said, more determined than ever to get out alive. “We make one.”

 

 

 


Authornim: Hualalalala back again like finally. Holidayyy yoohooo but only for 2 damned weeks -=- But yeah, a new chap is up! Enjoy guyss~ Comments is loveee guyzzz! Drop in lotsss