Chapter 5

On Your Shoulder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The memory from Yuri’s past was played again on her mind. The memory that she really wanted to forget.

 

****flashback****

 

Yuri saw her sister entered the house with a guy. The guy gave a big grin when he saw her. Yuri immediately felt nauseous and looked away.

 

“Yuri-ah,” her sister, Kwon Ji-Young, called her.

 

“Ne, unnie?” Yuri looked at her.

 

“I want you to meet someone,” Ji-Young smiled.

 

Somehow, Yuri didn’t feel right with the guy but forced herself to respect her sister’s boyfriend. She walked closer to meet the couple.

 

“This is Donghae, Yuri. My boyfriend,” Ji-Young hugged his arm.

 

Donghae smiled widely and offered his hand. “Hi. I’m Donghae. Nice to meet you.”

 

Yuri didn’t respond his hand but just looked at it. “I’m Yuri. Her sister,” she said in no-interest tone.

 

“Yuri! Why don’t you shake his hand?” Ji-Young was slightly mad looking at Yuri’s behavior.

 

Donghae pulled away his hand. “It’s okay baby. Maybe she’s still unfamiliar with me,” he gave Ji-Young a smile.

 

“But she didn’t give any respect to you, honey,” she gave a worried look and then turned to Yuri.

 

“Greet him properly, Yuri!” Ji-Young demanded.

 

Yuri never saw her sister act like that and was really really annoyed. She didn’t bother to do anything with them and just walked away to her room.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri!!! Don’t leave when I’m talking with you.” Ji-Young yelled but Yuri ignored it.

 

Yuri definitely didn’t like Donghae from that time.

 

 

Jiyoung’s relationship with Donghae had gone for 3 months and it was a miserable time for Yuri. Yuri often quarreled with Ji-Young because of Donghae. She really didn’t like him and the way he influenced her sister.

 

Ji-Young became more temperamental and lost her gentle and sweet side. She usually came home late lately and once Yuri found her was drunk.

 

“Unnie! What did you do?” Yuri immediately held her who already lost her balance.

 

“I’m having fun, Yuri,” Ji-Young babbled.

 

Yuri could smell alcohol from her sister.

 

“Omo, unnie. Did you drink alcohol?” Yuri said in disbelief.

 

Ji-Young tried to stand on her feet.

 

“Why? You don’t like it?” she hiccupped.

 

“This is not you, unnie. Please stop it,” Yuri said in a whisper.

 

“Who are you, huh? Do you think you can stop me? Do you think you have any rights to say a word on me? I can do whatever I want!” she yelled.

 

“No unnie. Please don’t do this.” Tears started to form on Yuri’s eyes.

 

“Close your mouth Yuri! You’re just an innocent child. You don’t know anything!” she pushed Yuri and walked away.

 

Yuri who was feeling weak soon fell on the floor.

 

She couldn’t hold her tears any longer.

 

“Unnie. What’s wrong with you?” she hugged her knees and cried all night.

 

 

2 months later…

 

Yuri couldn’t sleep that night, her mind was occupied with a lot of things. She went to the kitchen to have a drink. But when she wanted to go back to her room, she heard a sound of sobbing.

 

She went closer and found out that it was from her sister’s room. She knocked the door but her sister didn’t reply.

 

“Unnie, I’ll go in, okay?” she said with her right hand on the doorknob. After waiting for a while, she decided to go in as she didn’t got any reply but sob.

 

Yuri saw her sister was really messy. She was crying hard while buried her head to the pillow. Yuri slowly approached her.

 

“Unnie?” she called her softly.

 

Ji-Young looked up while still crying. Her face was a big mess. Her eyes swollen hard.

 

“Unnie? What’s wrong?” Yuri hold Ji-Young’s hand and looked so worried.

 

But Ji-Young cried even harder. So Yuri hugged her immediately.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. It’s okay,” Yuri Ji-Young’s back, trying to make her calm. She let Ji-Young to cry until her shoulder was wet.

 

 “Yuri-ah. I made a big mistake,” Ji-Young said between her sob.

 

 Yuri still hugged her tight.

 

 “What’s wrong unnie? You can tell me everything.”

 

 Ji-Young tried to speak between her sob but it made her crying harder instead.

 

 “It’s okay, unnie. If you don’t want to tell me, just don’t tell me.”

 

 “No, Yuri. It’s just really hard for me,” she spoke.

 

 Yuri kept silent and continued Ji-Young’s back.

 

 “Yuri?”

 

 “Hemm?”

 

 “I..I..,” she stuttered.

 

 “Yes, unnie?”

 

“I….I…”

 

“It’s okay, unnie. I’m here.”

 

“I’m…”

 

“I’m…”

 

“I’m pregnant,” finally Ji-Young was able to speak out the truth.

 

That second, Yuri felt lost. Her mind was suddenly empty, she couldn’t think anything. All of her energy was drained away that made her feeling so weak. Her hand soon fell from Ji-Young’s back.

 

Ji Young let go the hug and looked down. She was really ashamed.

 

“Tell me it’s not true, unnie.” Yuri’s voice was really weak.

 

“I’m sorry.” That was the only word Ji-Young could say to her.

 

Yuri was really depressed about it, she wanted to be angry at her sister but looking at how more depressed Ji-Young was, Yuri knew th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter