Chapter 10

On Your Shoulder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yul is moving to America. Today.”

 

“What?!!”

 

Fany instinctively closed her ears from the impact. Sica’s shouting was never good to anyone ears.

 

“Stay calm, first. I can explain it.” Fany said as she gestured her friend to sit back on the couch.

 

“How can I calm myself? What do you mean she is going to America? She doesn’t tell me anything.” Sica said after refusing to calm down sitting.

 

“I know. I know. It’s shocking. But yes, I’m serious. That’s why I’m telling you now.”

 

“No..no. It can’t be. That’s impossible.” Sica was panicked. She started walking back and forth while biting her lips.

 

“Sica..”

 

“She can’t leave me like that. Why is she leaving me?” Sica’s voice cracked up. “She can’t.”

 

Fany immediately hugged the other girl in her embrace. “Ssshh. Ssshh. It’s okay, Sica. It’s okay. Don’t  cry,” Fany whispered, gently Sica’s hair.

 

“She is leaving me, Fany-ah. Is it because of me?” Sica managed to utter between her sobs.

 

“She is not, okay? So please don’t cry anymore.”

 

Sica pulled away from the hug. “What do you mean she is not?”

 

“She is not leaving you, Sica. I can’t understand why your brain seems to work really slow sometimes.”

 

“Yah!” Sica knocked Fany’s head. “You don’t have to insult me in times like this.”

 

Fany laughed. “Can’t help, Sica. You’re just too irresistable to tease.”

 

“Fany-ah.” Now Sica shoot her icy glare to her laughing bestfriend.

 

“Alright..alright. Ice Princess is on.” Fany laughed once more before gained her composure back. “It’s because her appa asked her to continue her study there. He is the only family she has left, so she doesn’t want to refuse his request. But it’s for sure not because of you.

 

“Why don’t you tell me earlier?”

 

“I only know you don’t know about it this morning and I’ve tried to call you multiple times. You never answer it.”

 

“Geez. I forget about my phone,” she slapped her own foreheads.

 

“So will you go with me or not?”

 

“Of course. How can she not telling me?”

 

“You’re mad at her, remember? She hasn’t got a chance to tell you afterwards.”

 

“Ah, that. Why is she so pabo?”

 

“She is not pabo, Sica. She is just too much into you, head to toe.”

 

“Do we have to talk about it now?” Sica said impatiently.

 

“Okay, sorry. Let’s go then.”

 

 

Yul stood near a row of seats with his luggage on it. It was cold there and she was clearly chill, steam formed in every breath. One hand was holding a take away coffee cup.

 

“I will miss Seoul.”

 

“Seoul will miss you too, Yuri-ah. Your kkabness to be exact.”

 

Yuri laughed at Taeyeon’s remarked.

 

“But I will miss you for sure. Too bad we know each other so late.”

 

Yuri smiled hearing Taeyeon’s word. It was right. Too bad it was too late for them to know each other. And now that she had to go away, she couldn’t help but felt really sad.

 

“I wish we could be together longer.”

 

“You sounds like my girlfriend, you know.” Taeyeon laughed.

 

“Ewww. No. Thanks. I can’t imagine myself with you. So gross.” Yuri faked a puke that only made Taeyeon laughed more.

 

After recovering from her banter with Yuri, Taeyeon excused herself to the toilet. This girl seemed to have an issue with the toilet lately.

 

Yuri leaned her back on the seat and took a sip of her coffee. The warm from the brewed beverage flew through her body, but it’s gone after awhile, leaving the cold feeling again inside her heart. Yuri felt so empty. Taking one final sip, she chucked it inside the open garbage.

 

Yuri’s eyes was wandering at the airport and landed on one spot. There was couple, the girl’s head on the boy’s shoulder. Yuri slowly closed her eyes, her mind started to think about her bestfriend. She remembered how much the girl liked to lean her head on her shoulder that somehow felt so perfect for Yuri. She didn’t bothered at all but really happy instead.

 

"Yuri..."

 

The voice and the touch on her arm startled her. She opened her eyes and saw her friend standing in front of her with a worried look on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter