Chapter 11

On Your Shoulder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, if there’s no more question, the class is over.”

 

The students immediately packed their things off and rushed out from the class, only a few one stayed in the room. One of them was Kwon Yuri.

 

That was Yuri’s second week at college. She was taking business major, mostly because she wanted to help her father in the future. She was doing alright there. Had met some fellow Koreans, but also going well with another Americans. Although there wasn’t any friend that half near her bestfriends back in Korea, but that’s okay for Yuri. She was used to be alone back in Korea, so it wasn’t a very big deal for her, although she couldn’t deny that she missed her trio bestfriends.

 

“Hey, Yuri. Why aren’t you leaving the class?” A tall girl with a long wavy auburn hair approached her.

 

“Oh, Nicole. Yeah, I’m going,” Yuri said as she put her things back in the bag. “Okay, done. Let’s go.” She walked out from the class followed by Nicole.

 

Nicole is one of her Korean-American friend that Yuri met in the college. She was a nice pal and they had some class in common so for Yuri, Nicole was her closest friend she had at the moment in America.

 

One of interesting fact about Nicole is her full name. The first time Yuri knew that her full name is Nicole Jung, she couldn’t help but think about the other Jung she knew by heart.

 

Yuri and Sica hadn’t talked to each other again since that unexpectable event at the town festival. It’s almost been three months since then, but no contact had been exchanged to each other.

 

After the rejection she received from the other girl, the confidence level in Yuri decreased drastically almost hitting the bottom. She’d been a coward since then. A couple of times she already had the phone in her hand, but the ‘what if’ feelings kept coming back into her mind, pushing the will to call the girl she had badly missed. She was afraid that Sica was still angry at her. She was frightened if she called her again, it would made Sica cried again just like before. And at last, she also didn’t know how to face her after all that happened. Could she act or talk normal again like what they used to be? She wasn’t sure.

 

And the reason why Sica never called Yuri was unknown to her. Yuri only got an information from Taeyeon and Fany that Sica was really busy in Seoul doing God know what. The couple didn’t really give much information to Yuri because they insisted that Yuri should find out herself. But her cowardness opposed it.

 

“Will you come to the Korean club this weekend, Yuri?” Nicole asked as they were heading outside the campus. Yuri was going to take the bus from the bus stop, while Nicole lived in the dorm not far from the bus stop, so they would walk home together if they shared the same class.

 

“I’m not sure,” Yuri shrugged. The people from Korean club were really nice and it felt like home there. But home only made her remember about who she left behind in Korea. She already missed them so bad so it no needs to add more reminder.

 

“Oow, come on, Yuri. It will be fun.”

 

“I’m not in mood, Nicole.”

 

“Ouugh,” Nicole let out a disappointed sigh. “It won’t take long, Yuri. And there will be some new members come. I hear one of them is from Law’s major,” Nicole nudged Yuri playfully.

 

Yuri looked weirdly at Nicole. “And what does it mean to me?”

 

“Oh  my god, Yuri. Are you living in a nutshell? Haven’t you heard about her?” Nicole replied in an amusement.

 

“Huh? Who?”

“That new Law girl. She is already popular although it’s only been our two weeks in new semester. They said she got full scholarship to study here. And she is really beautiful in and out too,” Nicole explained enthusiastically and ended with several playful winks to Yuri.

 

“So??” Yuri asked confusedly.

 

“Aww,come on Kwon Yuri. You think I don’t know about your little secret, huh?”

 

Yuri’s eyes blinked several times from m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter