Chapter 12

On Your Shoulder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri paid for the hot coffee at the counter. She decided to grab some caffeine at the mini store first before going home. Her brain was so heavy after the unusual bus riding.

 

The girl wasn’t sure if she was dreaming or not. Because everything felt so surreal yet she was sure it was indeed her voice. But how could it be Sica? She was supposed to be in Seoul right now, doing God knows what, according to Taeyeon and Fany.

 

She walked along the path towards her house as replaying what happened on the bus.

 

The position. The weight on her shoulder. The warm. The breath. The voice.

 

It was exactly like what she remembered about Sica.

 

But if so, what was she doing here? Far away from Seoul.

 

Yuri took a sip from her hot coffee and kept walking closer to her house.  The sight of white bracelet on her wrist made her mind wandering again. That was the couple bracelet shebought for herself and Sica at the town festival. She always used it since then. It made her wonder if the other girl still kept it or not.

 

She was still staring at the white bracelet until she realized there was something blocking her way, or rather someone.

 

Yuri lifted her head to the level of the other person so she could see who it was.

 

The cup immediately fell from her grip and the hot beverage spilled on her jeans and shoes. But Yuri didn’t even move an inch from the impact.

 

It was her.

 

Her bestfriend.

 

The person she had badly missed from these past three months.

 

The girl she always thought about everyday.

 

The only one she really wanted to be with right now.

 

Jessica Jung.


Sica.

 

She was standing there, in front of her house gate. With her casual shirt and jeans that only made her looked chic and beautiful. There is nothing change in her, not even a bit. Her shining blonde hair, her gleaming brown eyes, her perfect shaped nose, her beautifully curved lips, her everything. Yuri still remembered every details about her.

 

Yuri was lost in her mind. She couldn’t believe to meet her again. Here. 6000 miles away from Seoul.

 

The voice of the blonde girl brought Yuri back to earth.

 

“Why are you so reckless?” Sica said as she was getting up from her previous squating position.

That voice. The exact voice she remembered about. The beautiful tone behind it and a pinch hint of coldness between it.

 

“Sica?” Yuri finally was able to utter a word.

 

“Isn’t it hot?” Sica was mentioning about the earlier accident. Eventually, Sica had wiped the stained jeans and shoes until it wasn’t too wet anymore.

 

“Hot?” Yuri asked back obliviously, still not realizing what happened.

 

“Yes. You spill your hot coffee,” Sica said matter-of-factly.

 

“I spill…” Yuri comprehended the words in her mind until... “Aww!! Ouch! It’s hot!!” She finally felt the burnt sensation on her leg and jumped randomly with one leg.

 

“It’s hot! It’s hot!” Yuri kept jumping randomly until the burnt sensation disappeared. She lowered her leg and stood on her two feet again.

 

She gulped upon seeing the cold glare from the girl in front of her.

 

“Done?”

 

“Done.” Yuri grinned sheepishly. “And thank you.”

 

Sica nodded lightly.

 

“What are you doing here, Sica?” Yuri asked innocently.

 

“Huh? ”

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“I was just passing by. See ya then.” Sica answered short and cold before walking away. She felt dumbfounded. What else the reason she was there? Was Yuri too blind to know it?

 

But then a pair of arms around her waist stopped Sica from moving further.

 

“I missed you, Sica. I missed you so much.” Yuri whispered softlyat Sica’s ears.

 

Yuri was caught in surprise when Sica loosened her arms and freed herself from Yuri’s embrace. She then turned away to face Yuri.

 

“Why are you leaving?” Sica’s eyes looked straight at Yuri’s eyes.

 

“It’s for my appa, Sica,” Yuri answered.

 

“You could tell me first.”

 

“I want to, Sica. But…” Yuri didn’t continue again. She didn’t want to bring up the town festival topic. She was afraid Sica would be sensitive about it. “I’m sorry,” Yuri said softly.

 

“You don’t tell me anything. You leave me. You never call me. You’re so cruel, Kwon Yuri!” Sica let out her frustation and hit Yuri’s chest continuously with every sentences spoken.

 

 

Yuri took every hit openly. She knew it was her fault.

 

“Pabo. Pabo. Pabo,” Sica hit Yuri harder before breaking into tears.

 

Yuri hugged Sica in reflex. “I’m sorry, Sica. I’m sorry,” she Sica’s back gently as she whispered the words softly.

 

“I hate you, Kwon Yuri,” Sica said between her tears, still hitting Yuri but with a lighter force as she was already lost her power from the crying.

 

“I’m sorry, Sica.”

 

“How could you confess to me then leaving me behind like this?” Sica pulled out from the hug after she had been able to control her crying.

 

“I thought you should know it.”

 

“But you’re leaving me too, what’s the point?”

 

“There will always be a way. We can figure it out together. But why does it matter anyway? You reject…”

 

Yuri stopped talking. It clicked her mind.

 

Why would Sica be here.

 

Why Sica rumbling about she leaving her.

 

“You come here to meet me, don’t you?”

 

Sica palmed herself upon hearing it.

 

“Of course, pabo-yah.”

 

“But why?” Yuri still didn’t understand fully.

 

“For you, what else?” Sica answered impatiently.

 

“But you said you don’t wanna see me anymore.”

 

Sica heaved a sigh. Yuri’s innocent mind already wrecked her patience.

 

“Okay. Let me make it simple, Yuri-ah. I’m here to meet you. So I can be close to you, hear your joke again, feel the comfort and safety you provide to me, enjoy the warm you give to me and love every moment we will spent together. Because I don’t want a torturing long distance relationship.”

 

Yuri’s eyes blinked several times, couldn’t believe what she just heard.

 

“But you said...”

 

Sica shutted up the brown haired girl to talk more with a kiss on the lips.

 

Yuri was literally shocked with the sudden kiss.

 

“Stop talking and kiss me back instead,” Sica said full of authority.

 

Yuri felt the soft lips touched her lips again and this time she already took a grip of herself. She kissed the blonde girl back and put her arms around Sica’s waist. Sica responded by wrapping he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter