Rain

Perfection

     Rain poured down onto the Earth while Yuri watched from inside the school. She was seated in a desk, her chin resting in the palm of her hand. The girl watched the tears of the sky as it trickled down the glass window, only to disappear when it hit the pane. A strand of raven hair fell over her eyes and she left it there, too distracted to notice, too apathetic to care.

     The bell rang. Papers shuffled, binders zipped, and the silence of the room was replaced with short lived chatter as the students left the classroom.

      Yuri sat alone and waited. A minute passed, then two, and then three. 

     "Yuri." a female voice called out from the doorway. There it was. She turned towards the voice and was greeted by a group of people - they were her friends. At least thats what it seemed to everyone else. 

     "Hi." Yuri greeted them, a small smile tugging at her lips.

     The smile was fake. But wasn't everything else?

 

 

 

     It seemed to most people that Jessica Jung was an oblivious girl. Too distracted to notice what was going on around her. But she was just living proof that nothing is ever as it seems because Jessica noticed, in fact: she noticed a lot. She saw things no one else saw, saw things no one else cared to notice.

     She sat alone in the empty library, a pen in her hand and a journal on the table. Jessica could hear the muffled sound of heavy rain as it pelted against the school windows. A sigh escaped from her lips. And then she wrote.

     Jessica wrote about nothing, but at the same time she wrote about everything. She wrote about how the library smelled of books, how she loved the sound of rain, and how she could hear the faint ticking of the clock as the minutes went by. Her pen moved quickly and fluidly across her once clean notebook, overly cursive letters rapidly filled the page and she became lost in her writing.

     The door of the library swung open and along with it came a loud spurt of laughter which was quickly silenced by an agressive "Sh.", pressumably by the librarian. Jessica was pulled from her trance when loud whispers cut through the silence.

 

 

 

     Yuri hated the library. Too quiet, too empty, too lonley. But as she entered the house of books with her obnoxious friends, she noticed a lone resident residing at a nearby table. A petite girl with brunette waves that cascaded down her back. Her soft dark eyes stared intetly at the open journal in front of her, and in her hand she held a blue pen.

     A round of laughter pulled Yuri's attention back to her group of firends and she joined in like she was supposed to. It was probably a joke that was told. She didn't really care.

 

 

 

     Rain continued to wash over the school as the students that had recently entered the library laughed again, chatter growing increasingly louder. Jessica turned around to glare at the rambunctious group but instead, her eyes found a certain tanned girl with hair as dark as night and she couldn't help but to stare.

     The girl was gorgeous. But it wasn't because of that Jessica couldn't stop staring. The dark haired girl was surrounded by people, and yet she never seemed happy. She laughed and talked with them, and yet she never seemed to fit in. She stood out like a wrong note to a song. And this had caught Jessica's attention.