Chapter 9

Stay with me forever, Shim Changmin!

“Okay so we will have some changes on the formation of Dong Bang Shin Ki. We decided to add another member to the group in order to have success with you guys again. There’s no way for you to change it and I’m sure in the end you’re going to find out to trust your boss because he only wants the best for you.” Jaejoong, Yoochun, Junsu and Yunho just stared at Lee Soo-Man blankly. A new member? There was no one who could replace Changmin! “We will prepare him to join you soon and afterwards we will send him to practice with you…it will take a month to train him so be a bit patient. I hope you will be able to accept the fact and existence of him until then…you can go now and practice on your moves. They look too stiff lately.” These news were horrible but unexpected at the same time. Maybe this was the change DBSK needed to gain back their fans and their popularity…once the boys were back in their dorm, they made themselves comfortable on the couch and stared at each other. Junsu was the first one to break the silence and say what he was thinking “A new member…I think I will be able to accept him but it will take some time…I mean accept him as member and not as a friend right away and definitely not as a replacement for Changmin either…what about you?” Yoochun simply nodded while Jaejoong added “So this basically means there is no way for Changmin to come back anymore…I wonder what this idiot will think once he hears the news. Will he be happy for us or regret his decision?…Yunho, are you okay?” The leader looked at his fellow members and nodded. He knew it was the best for the band and he started believing it was the best for him to let go of Changmin as well…He should go find someone else, date and love again so he could be happy as well…but he knew it would be a really difficult task so he decided to postpone it…actually he just postponed it because he knew, there was no one he was ever going to love as much as he loved Shim Changmin. He was his everything and everything he had ever wanted…letting go of this was something Yunho didn’t wanted because his heart told him to but his mind…but fortunately Yunho would rather listen to his heart than to his brain.

 

“The new member is going to arrive here soon to practice with you…The first choreography you’re going to practice will be Mirotic because this is definitely one of the most important dances. I understand you are nervous but he’s a nice and handsome guy and I’m convinced you’re going to get along with him perfectly.” The boys of TVXQ had a presentiment because whenever Lee Soo-Man was talking about the new member, he was smirking…This never was a good sign. The first time they had witnessed it, they were forced to dance in silly looking animal costumes…and this was just one example out of hundreds. But they trusted Soo-Man more than they trusted anyone in the company. He was a nice man and like a grandfather to them.

When the 4 rising gods of the east heard the sound of the door opening, they turned around…everyone was unable to breath when they saw who just had entered the room…until they screamed in unison “CHANGMIN!!!” The new member which was standing in the door was no one else than their beloved Shim Changmin. The boys raced towards the tallest member and embraced him tightly crying like babies. “You’re such crybabies…We need to prepare a concert so stop crying and let’s practice…we can get emotional afterwards.” Even though it wasn’t the best situation for Changmin to joke around, he felt like lighting up the mood because he hated nothing more than seeing his friends crying even though he knew it was out of joy and not sadness. Because the Maknae had told everyone to practice the 5 boys started practicing their old songs and checking on Changmin’s moves for the new songs. As expected he did great because he not only practiced the choreographies with the dancers before but also because he had silently practiced them in his apartment when no one was watching or judging him. He just couldn’t stop being an idol.

At the beginning of the dance session the atmosphere was professional but this only lasted for about 10 minutes to the annoyance of everyone who was not part of the Tohoshinki. The giggles were unbearable as well as the laughter…but the staff understood it. The boys haven’t seen each other for a really long time and were happy to see each other again because they had missed each other so much and treasured each other so much. Nevertheless the men needed to get scolded several times because there were just 7 weeks left until they had their first Japan concert tour after the comeback and because it was the comeback of Changmin as a member of DBSK, it had to be perfect in everyone’s eyes…and it needed to be a surprise to the public. Changmin couldn’t be seen by the media because rumors would inform too soon about the return of the now 27 year old man. The concert was supposed to be the surprise comeback of him…a surprise which should make everyone happy.

Once the 5 members were back in their dorm – everyone helped carrying the stuff of Changmin – they immediately settled on the couch and started chatting like crazy. There were a lot of questions they needed to ask each other but for now they simply wanted to enjoy being with each other again because they could still figure our everything later. At around 3 AM the leader decided to drag s to bed and stayed behind with the Maknae. “Minnie…I missed you so much” He embraced his friend tightly and kissed his cheek. This time he definitely wouldn’t let Changmin go again. He would do everything if this means Changmin would stay with him forever. “I missed you, too…let me sleep in your bed so we can continue talking there.” Yunho agreed to the suggestion of his fellow member and went to his room taking care Changmin would be following. Once the both had changed into their clothes for the night, Yunho was pressed against the wall only to be kissed by the taller male right after. Yunho didn’t expect the first night with his new member to actually be this hot but he definitely would be able to live with this new activities. He always wanted to have Changmin with him in every way possible.

 

On the 6th July 2015 the time had come for the first public appearance of Shim Changmin after a break of one year. As planned no one knew the “former” member had rejoined his old band and it was a huge surprise for everyone when he suddenly jumped at the stage doing his famous high pitched screams. The screams never were louder, the cries never as audible before…it was perfect in every possible way.

During the last weeks, the members talked about everything…not only had they sorted out the things which had happened to them in 2009/2010but also were closer than they ever were before. Junsu and Changmin were playing around all the time making Yoochun jealous while Jaejoong and Yunho pretended to be Omma and Appa again. Most of the time they would spend together and if a member had a new project like a new drama, everyone would come and cheer for him. They were there for each and this was what went missing before they disbanded. It’s not like they ever stopped loving and caring for each other…they simply stopped talking. Because they knew what had gone wrong in the past, they took care it would never happen again.

But the people who got closest were Changmin and Yunho…or should I better say Homin? The boys started dating 3 weeks after they had seen each other again and knew this was going to last forever. They went through so much together and nothing could separate them. They knew this and talked about their feelings for each other… they laughed when they both realized they were cowards not telling the other one was they were really. But now everything was fine. They were going to stay together forever and the only reason why this was possible was their last tour as a duo. It was a really special stage for them because it separated them only to bring them together closed than they ever were before. Tree will always have a special place in their hearts and they knew they would even tell their grandchildren about these Japan tour in 2014. 

At the end of the first concert it was Changmin’s turn to make everyone cry for the last time this day. His words were so moving because they were sincere and honest and everyone was able to feel the love he felt towards s, his agency and his fans which supported him all the way and which were the reason why he was back on the stage now :
“I thank everyone for being with us all the time and everyone for coming here today. This day is going to be a really important day for me and I hope you’re feeling the same way because I’m finally back. Dear Cassiopeia and all the other fans out there…TVXQ was able to get successful just because of you. Not only because you bought our albums but mostly because you supported us all the way and whatever happened you protected us. You supported us when our friends Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu left in 2009 and gave both JYJ and TVXQ your love. You supported us when we were performing on different stages and even when I left the group…but don’t worry, you will never have to go through this again. TVXQ is going to stay forever together. Maybe we will get older and will try out different things but we will never stop loving you or loving each other…during the last years I experienced the best things of my life and I regret every second I did not spent with all of you. But this is past now. We’re beginning a new chapter now which will last forever and will be the best chapter we ever had…as long as Cassiopeia will shine on the night sky, Kim Jaejoong, Kim Junsu, Park Yoochun, Jung Yunho and I – Shim Changmin - will shine as well. I love all of you from the bottom of my heart! Thank you for all the great moments we were able to experience because of you…and thank you for always keeping the faith. We love you!” 

This is the happy ending of the story of the 5 shining stars forming the constellation Cassiopeia!
Always keep the faith!!!


Thanks for reading!!! Please leave me some comments so I know what you think of the story, the ending, what you liked most and what I could improove.

If a sequel is wanted by a lot of people, I will write one only for you^^

See you again soon <3