Chapter 7

Stay with me forever, Shim Changmin!

„You’ve all worked really hard and did great. I’m thankful we had such an amazing team helping us complete our Tree Tour in Japan. I hope we’re going to perform today as well as we did for the past concerts and hope everyone will give his or her best again. Fighting! And excuse my bad Japanese today. I think I will never stop messing up.” It wasn’t hard for Yunho to actually talk in Japanese but it was really hard to hold back his tears. Changmin was going to leave TVXQ, it was official now…The media heard about it and it spread in the World Wide Web incredible fast. Once SM confirmed it, there was no going back anymore. Changmin had apologized to the fans and everyone…and ignored Yunho. He ignored him because Yunho decided to do things without telling Changmin beforehand. And it was too late for Yunho to change it. He messed up and now was going to lose the love of his life…This was going to be their last performance. The last time Yunho will see Changmin.

Flashback

“Yunho, who do you keep talking to? Is it someone I know? Are you talking bad about me behind my back?” Yunho simply laughed. Changmin was a bit annoying lately but he was sure once he had told Changmin the plans of the comeback with 5 members he would be the happiest person on earth…and once the band was reunited, Yunho planned to confess his feelings to Changmin. They were both grown up men so there was no need to pretend anymore…Actually it was impossible to pretend not to love each other anymore after they had spent nights together loving each other. At the beginning Yunho wondered why they did it but he came to the conclusion that they were both madly in love with each other. But of course they haven’t talked about it yet because Changmin planned to leave TVXQ while Yunho planned to have a comeback with him, Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu. He had promised himself to talk to Changmin about it as soon as possible but always postponed it so there were only 6 concerts left in Hiroshima and Osaka before Changmin would leave Tohoshinki forever. Thinking back Yunho was sure he did wrong and should have talked to Changmin as soon as it was confirmed that they would have a comeback as 5. But Yunho was naïve. He thought Changmin would immediately forget about all his plans and just stay with them forever. Oh how wrong he was.

“Is it true? You talked to our agency and CJES because you want a comeback with JYJ?” Yunho stood there motionless. Who had told Changmin? “How do you…who told you…?” “Lee Soo-Man had called me earlier and asked when I would sign the new contract because all of my 4 other members already have done it…when did you plan on telling me you want a comeback as 5?! When did you want to tell me that you have decided to plan MY life without even asking me?! ARE YOU ING KIDIDNG ME, JUNG YUNHO?!” “Changmin I can…” but he was not able to finish his explanation when he was forcefully pushed to the ground by the younger man. “I’m so done with you! How dare you! This is MY life and not yours! Do you not even have enough respect for my privacy to actually tell me what you plan? Or did you not tell me because you never wanted me to join the “new” TVXQ? Because you thought if I leave you will just make the old members come back out of egoistic reasons? Am I not the most important person in your life? Didn’t you tell me this a hundreds of times? Wasn’t it you who said you would never betray me?! Then what is this now?” Yunho didn’t know what to say. He didn’t expect to end in a situation like this with Changmin… “I don’t want this anymore, Hyung…I’m going to leave after the tour is over as I planned to. When you plan on doing something behind the back of someone ever again, remember you’re going to lose them…That’s it. I will change the hotel…See you at the concert.” These were the last words Changmin had said to him since then. On the stage the atmosphere was great as usual but off stage it was colder than ice. Changmin didn’t look at him…Changmin didn’t talk to him…Changmin was never where Yunho was…

Once they were in Osaka on the 18th June of 2014, SM confirmed the departure of Shim Changmin. The KPOP world was shocked and even more were the Cassiopeia. SM assured everyone that TVXQ was not going to disband because there were already new plans made for the band which were going to get published once the Tree Concert Tour was over and Changmin had left officially. Of course a lot of rumors spread caused by the sudden decision of the Maknae. He was not only busy with TVXQ but SM The Ballad as well and had made his debut as an actor some time ago as well. It was strange and unbelievable he would suddenly leave, especially because he was left behind with his leader when JYJ filled a lawsuit against SM. But after some days everyone realized that the concert on the 22nd of June would be the last day of Changmin as an idol.

Once the concert was over, Yunho slowly walked back to the dressing room. He felt numb…He had seen so many fans crying because of Changmin while Changmin looked so cool at the same time. Well, he mostly did. He told his farewell and wished everyone a good time…he thanked everyone and said he will never forget the time with TVXQ, Cassiopeia and everyone…when Changmin spoke, Yunho was crying. Even during some of their performances he couldn’t hold the tears back anymore. How should he? There was nothing which had hurt so much in his life before…

“Changmin, you’re leaving? Where are you going? Back to the hotel? I will come along…” “No…I’m leaving now on my own because we’re no strangers... I will fly back to Korea and stay with my family until I settled down enough to move…so we need to say Good Bye…because we’re not going to see each other again…” Hearing this made Yunho’s eyes water again. “Are you sure you want to leave? You know you can still come back…you’re always going to have your place in TVXQ where you can return to…so if you ever decide differently, you can always come to me and we can talk…I actually don’t know what to tell you now…I mean…there were so many things we went through together…so many things I still need to tell you…so many things I hoped we could experience together…I don’t want this to be our farewell…I don’t want to lose you! There’s no one who could ever take in your place in my heart and our band…PLEASE CHANGMIN STAY!!!” Changmin simply shook his head. “I’m sorry…there’s no going back anymore…” Of course the Maknae only tried to act cool. In reality he felt worse than he ever did in his life before. He felt empty. He felt like crying. He felt like dying…But this was the end. The concert was the last time…it was his decision to leave and the time had come now. “I’m sorry…take care of everyone for me. And don’t dare to fail with TVXQ or as an actor…I will watch your performances whenever I can…” And then there was silence between them because both searched for the right words. “Thanks for everything, Hyung…thanks for supporting me all the time…I will never forget that or the time we spent together. I will always keep you in my heart…Tell the other 3 how much I love them and that I’m sorry I cannot go the long way with you guys anymore…it’s time to separate now, Hyung…I love you, please keep that in mind…” Yunho embraced Changmin tightly for the last time whispering the last words into the ear of his friend “You’re always going to stay in my heart. Remember there is always going to be a way back for you…I love you too and I hope we’re going to see each other again…” He let go of the latter man “Good Bye, Minnie.” “Good Bye, Hyung.” Changmin turned around and left. He let the tears fall silently and slowly disappeared out of the sight of Yunho who was sobbing uncontrollably. This was the end.


So is this the end of TVXQ and Homin? Find out soon when the end will be published!

PS: I hope the farewell made you sad. I almost cried while writing it