Deaf

Insignificant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8

Luhan puffed out his cheeks as he glared at his father, annoyance present in his round eyes.

"But papa, I want a pony!" he shrieked at the top of his lungs, making Sehun who was sitting next to him flinch a little."Buy one for me, papa!" the smaller boy was pleading now, fluttering his eyelashes at his father who kept shaking his head.

"No, Lu. You're too young to have one. And you're scared of horses, anyway. Last time you went to the farm with your class, you ran away from it, didn't you?"

"That was last year!" Luhan whined, hitting the table with his small hands. His friend just shook his head, knowing very well that the fear the boy felt had only grown over the year."And I want a pony, anyway. Not a big meanie horse!"

"But little ponies grow into big big horses, Lu!" Sehun saved his friend's father, smiling at his friend. He was actually convinced that he was telling the truth: ponies were smaller and chubbier than horses, but they were pretty much the same. So, to him, it was pretty logical that ponies were simply baby horses.

"What, really?" Luhan's eyes widened in fear."Cause I don't want one then. I don't like horses." he pouted.

"But I can always carry you on my back, little one!" his father laughed, ruffling the boy's soft hair."I'm not a horse, so don't worry, I don't bite!"

7

Luhan bit into his lower lip as he stared up at the majestic horse in front of him. It was a deep brown in color with a couple of white spots on its neck. Just when the small boy was about to reach out and pet it, the animal let out a loud neigh and moved its head upwards.

The small boy yelped and took a few steps back, his eyes set only on the door of the barn they were in. It was filled with his classmates playing with other horses that suddenly, to him, started to look like savage beasts. The boy ran out before his teacher could have stopped him, fat tears rolling down his round cheeks.

"It wants to eat me, it wants to eat me!" he yelled at the top of his lungs as he finally stopped in front of the large building, heaving a little.

Suddenly, he was pulled into a tight hug by short, familiar arms. Shocked, Luhan shut up finally, sniffing as he nuzzled close to his good friend.

"Sehunnie~" he whined quietly."Oh Sehunnie, it wanted to eat me. It's such a scary thing. I don't want to see them anymore. I wanna go home!" he kept on complaining and the younger kept on listening, rubbing his friend's back gently. He was already used to comforting Luhan for the oddest things: he could get upset pretty easily. It wasn't like he cared that he had to hug the older quite often though: they had been best friends for a very long time now, and Sehun only felt happier when he could have the other in his arms.

Of course, they had other friends as well - like Tao, Luhan's cousin who always hang out with them when they parents were out of town - but him and Luhan were a little different.

6

Luhan grinned from ear to ear as he hugged the drawing he had just received to his chest."Thank you Sehunnie, so much!" he said happily, already hugging his friend."I love it. And it's not even my birthday!"

"No, but I was drawing and at first I drew for mommy and she put it on the fridge, so I guessed that if I'll draw something for you, you'll do the same!" Sehun's cheeks were a soft shade of red as he spoke, biting into his lower lip shyly."Well, if you like it, only.."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter