Paralysed

Insignificant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16

"We need to talk." Luhan's voice was serious; cold enough to make his best friend's blood run cold. Never before had he heard that tone from the normally gentle, sweet boy who would usually manage to smile even when tears would be staining his cheeks.

This time though, only determination was found in his soft-brown eyes as he led Sehun to a secluded part of the school yard.

"What is it, Lu?" the younger looked down at his friend curiously, bending down to playfully brush their noses together. They were nothing but - best - friends and yet, touching and hugging was an everyday thing to their life. Sehun couldn't even remember the last time they didn't hug when meeting or parting.

"This has to stop." Luhan said lowly, his eyes gleaming dangerously."You know... I finally realized just what feelings you have for me and... it disgusts me. You're gay, I'm not. So...goodbye."

Sehun stood still, his heart breaking from the cruel words. Somehow, they had seemed to empty, so meaningless. Almost as if they had been scripted. It wasn't like Luhan to say something like that to anyone, let alone the boy he had called his best friend for a very long time.

"Wait!" Deep, dark eyes glazed with pain were set on Luhan's back."Just who told you that I'm gay, anyway? And what if I am? Just why does that change anything in our friendship?" His pleading voice was never heard by his friend who just left as swiftly as he had appeared that day, almost as if he had never been there.

Like their friendship had never existed.

*****

Luhan broke down in Tao's arms that afternoon, clinging to his cousin like there was no tomorrow. He blessed himself for being so good at acting: he had nearly choked when saying all those disgusting lies to Sehun. But he was doing it for his best friend: there was no way the two of them could stay so close to each other when his days were counted.

Tao held the blond tightly, caressing his hair and rubbing his back soothingly."Go to sleep, Lu." he murmured quietly."The docs said you need plenty of rest, didn't they?"

"Yeah." Luhan bit into his lower lip, sniffing a little as he slowly pulled away, almost falling back in the younger's arms. He felt so drained, almost like he hadn't slept in months."But they also said that no matter what happens, my condition can't be cured. It's like... I'll die, whatever I do. Funny, isn't it?"

He smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter