--7;

T e n t h
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2] CHAPTER 7 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

I’ve been feeling the past two Saturdays have arrived too early for me. I slap my alarm off and run my fingers through my wayward hair. Today is the do-over date with Kris and I wonder what kind of catastrophe would happen. Last week I had a panic attack maybe today I’ll have another panic attack and vomit on his shoes. I can think a lot of morbid scenarios.

I drag myself to the living room and turn on the television, I watch the morning news and today’s weather forecast. After the morning news, I brew myself some coffee before getting into the shower. I eat my breakfast and have my coffee before preparing myself for the do-over date. I decided to go on with something that would keep me warm since the wind’s pretty big today.

As I got outside, I stuff my gloved hands into the pockets of my trench coat and duck my chin into my scarf. My steps are slightly heavy as I walk towards the park. I smile in my scarf, noticing that even though the wind is strong, the sun is shining brightly. I dislike cold weather but I guess this kind of weather is nice too; the air is cold and the sun is warm.

When I got into the park, I saw a tall figure in chestnut-colored trench coat, Kris. His tall figure and the solitary air around him make Kris stick out like a sore thumb. I find myself smiling slightly. He is early fifteen minutes from the time we agreed on. I approach him and before I manage to greet him, he turns to me and greets with me a casual smile splaying on his face.

“You’re early,” I chuckle.
“Yeah, my place’s kind of far from here,” he answers as he starts walking.
“I am sorry for picking somewhere far from your place,” I apologized.
“It’s okay, Junmyeon,” he grins.
“I should’ve known.. I mean your place shouldn’t be too far away from the clinic..” I ramble on.
“Junmyeon, relax and stop apologizing,”
“I’m sorry…” I mumble.

He looks at me with a comical expression on his face before bursting out in soft laughter. This is the first time I see Kris’ face with such dynamic expression, I feel a wave of heat rush to my cheeks. The way his cheekbones inflated when he laughs is endearing. At least, I find it endearing. The thought of Kris’ endearing way of laughing make me even redder.

“I asked you to stop apologizing,” he nudges me lightly. I didn’t flinch away.
“I know, I—,”
“Don’t even think to say that word,” he shot me a playful glare.

I laugh under his glare with that, our do-over date starts. We only walk around the park, enjoying the exuberant atmosphere. He told me he came from China and he lived in Canada because of family matters before going back to China. His teenager days were hectic and before he fully comprehends what was happening with his life, he graduated from a university in Korea.

His stories, compared to mine, are a lot more interesting. I told Kris that I’ve been living in Korea since I was born. I moved from Seoul to Busan for three years before going back to Seoul. My father suggested me to get a major in business or economic fields and so I did. I manage to get a job in my current company and last year, I just finished my master degree.

After entertaining each other with basic background stories, we just talked about other things. Kris came up with so many interesting things to talk about, I forgot most of them. Kris has deep insights regarding a lot of.. things. I am utterly amazed on how discerning he could get on certain topics. Needless to say, if Kris is trying to make up for what happened last week, he really did it.

I am enjoying the whole do-over date even if it only consists of walking 5 laps around the park. We stop in front of a vending machine, both of us buy a bottle of water. Kris immediately gulps down two third of the bottle. After the vending machine, we decided to sit down on a bench.

“Junmyeon?” a voice calls out and I look up.

It’s Eunji.

Kris turns to her and flashes a smile at her. She looks at Kris and practically beaming as she returns his smile.

“Hi, I’m Eunji. Junmyeon’s friend at work,” she offers a handshake to Kris.

Kris courteously stands up and welcomes her hand, enveloping Eunji’s feminine palm with his big one. I never really notice that Kris has big han

Please log in to read the full chapter