--3;

T e n t h
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2] CHAPTER 3 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

After that therapy, I find myself reduce the amount of washing my hands. Some of my scars start to close up. I look at my bare hands proudly, they aren’t as hideous as it used to be. I am starting to feel positive about this whole therapy.  

I hand the monthly report to Director Jung. He looks at me for a brief second before muttering gratitude under his breath and goes through the report. I stand in front of him as he does so, waiting for his approval then I can put the report into the archives. He hands the report after he signed it. I excuse myself then show myself the way out.

“Junmyeon,” he calls out. I turn and face him.
“Yes, Director Jung?”

He purses his lips, a habit that I taken account as something he always does whenever he has something in his mind but he is reluctant to say it.

“Can I tell you something?”
“Of course, Director,”
“You seem.. more cheerful lately. I didn’t mean to pry or something but that’s great. I am glad that you are like this,” his lips curled into an awkward smile.

I nod and smile at him before exiting the office.  I close the door and feel strangely proud and embarrassed. What did Director Jung mean by ‘like this’? I’m always like this, aren’t I? I began to wonder if it’s because Kris but I immediately shook the thoughts away. The rest of my day went mundane, I finished some documents, made few phone calls, arranged Director Jung’s meeting..

When the clock strikes five, I tidy up my desk and that’s when Jung Eunji, the girl from marketing department, walks to my desk. I’ve always liked her effervescent presence, she always seems to have a smile on her face and she is friendly to everyone without being disturbing or offensive.

“Hi, Junmyeon,” she smiles as she puts a brown envelope on my desk.
“Hey, Eunji,” I replied.
“I know it’s last minute but I just finished this report, would you give it to Director Jung?” she asks.
“Of course,”

I stand up to make my way to Director’s Jung.

“Okay that was a complete bull,” she suddenly snaps.

I turn to her, utterly confused.

“There’s nothing in that envelope,” she sighed, her ears reddened.
“What..?”
“I know it’s lame but I kind of need an excuse to drop by your desk,” she looks away, eyebrows furrowing.
“But why…?”

She clears and turns to me.

“I know you don’t do dinners and stuffs but, will you have coffee with me, sometimes, maybe?” she rubs the back of her neck shyly.

I seriously have no idea what triggers the heat on my face and the smile that threatens to bloom across my lips.

“Of course,,”

She smiles and nods.

“Okay, sometimes, then,”

+++

“I’m sorry to say this but, you’re not making any progress,” Kris states with one brow raised.

I inwardly scowl at the eyebrow raise. I wonder why I didn’t realize that Kris has a pair of sharp and extremely judgmental eyebrow raise earlier. It’s not exactly a feature you will never miss. I look at him and unconsciously noting every contour of his face.  Well, he has nice facial features and his eyebrows complemented nicely with them so it’s not a wonder I missed the way his eyebrow could manage such a judgmental emotion.

“I know, I know,” I groaned.

I tried really hard to accomplish the second task by hanging out around Chanyeol even more but every

Please log in to read the full chapter