--13;

T e n t h
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2] CHAPTER 13 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

Kris let me chose the place we’re going to talk. I picked a new place we never went before. Kris is the type of person that leaves permanent mark wherever he goes, I couldn’t walk pass a place Kris and I went together without remembering every small details of what we did there; the parks, coffee shops, and just recently, my couch in the office.

I am still upset over the couch and not just because I particularly fond of that couch but because I work there. I have to look at that couch every time I enter my office. For the past few days, I’ve been trying to not to look at that couch. It didn’t work, at all. My body temperature rises up every time I accidentally got a glimpse of that couch and there’s an all-too-familiar twist on the bottom of my stomach.

Everything that happens between Kris and me is like a storm. Strangely, I am the one who’s all drenched from the storm and Kris still able to walk calmly, without getting wet from it. That doesn’t seem fair to me.

As I expected, I was the one who arrived first. I chose an unsuspecting diner right in the middle of the city. I actually had to look up on the internet for because I am not familiar with the area. I settled for a seat far from the window and ordered a cup of coffee which I am sure I won’t drink. My insides are swirling and I could throw up from the nervousness.

Kris ten minutes after my coffee arrived. He waves at me from the door and walks to sit across me. He orders a cup of coffee, settling his arms on the desk and fixing his gaze on me.

“I am not sorry for what happened,” he starts out.

I widen my eyes at his words. What he did few days ago terrorized me and he is not even sorry. I can feel anger bubbling at the base of my stomach.

“I want to let you know that it has been hard for me to control myself whenever I’m with you but I guess I used the wrong method but.. I’ve never been good at expressing myself with words. I know that my action scarred you for life and I know you’ve probably been dying to get rid of that couch—,”

He stops briefly for a breather.

“I used the wrong method to tell you but I hope you get the message,”

Although his lips are curved into a small smile, the tense knit between his eyebrows are still noticeable. He sips his coffee so slowly I can watch his adam apple bobs in a disturbingly slow motion.

“I haven’t said my part yet,”

And the tension between his eyebrows pressed deeper.

“I know,”

I planned a big speech before Kris arrived. I swear I did. It’s about how I am not used to relationship, I don’t know the first thing about dating; my first relationship was years ago when I am in high school and I broke up with her because I didn’t want to hold her hands so I don’t really know anything about dating, how weird I feel when he did what he did—I won’t admit to him that it was quite enjoyable.

Instead, what came out of my mouth was…

“I like you,”

Well, that was embarrassing.

“Kris, I don’t know anything about dating,”

I don’t handle embarrassing situations well. I can feel thousands of fireworks exploding in my head and billions of butterflies fluttering their wings in my lungs. The tension between his eyebrows slowly disappears and I still think that’s not fair. Obviously, he has the upper hand in this… relationship—well, if I can label whatever the ’s going on between me and

Please log in to read the full chapter