--5;

T e n t h
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID2] CHAPTER 5 [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID1]

Kris was right, Doctor Im is a pleasant person. The first time she greeted me, I immediately thought that her face belongs in high school. She has a youthful face, a pair of bright eyes and a carefree smile but her professionalism disagrees with her face. The way she carries herself around a patient is prim yet comforting.

I bid her good bye as my time is up. I pay the fare of the session and stand up. She stands up and accompanies me to the door. When I exited doctor Im’s office, I bumped into Kris. It seems like he just finished an appointment and he was heading to the restroom.

“Junmyeon,” he smiles.
“Kris, hi,” I lamely reply.

He stuffs his hands into his coat’s pocket, looking at me as though I’ve got more to say than a lame ‘hi’. I suddenly can feel something is lumping in my throat, blocking my voice, from the way he is looking at me. I gestured that I want to sit down first but he shook his head.

“I have another appointment in five minutes. I need to prepare the files,”
“Of course, sure,”

Right now, I genuinely hope I didn’t sound too upset. I shouldn’t be upset, I have no reason to be upset.

“Here’s my number,” he offers me a piece of paper. “I am not really sure I gave you my number yet but we can talk over the phone if there’s something bothering you about the new arrangement. Just call me if you have the time”

I nod and bid goodbye to him. I walk out of the clinic with a weird heavy feeling in my chest. He actually gave me his number two weeks ago and I saved it before I throw away his business card—I still can’t bring myself to keep business cards from people in my apartment—and there was not a day went without me staring at his number.

I’ve been contemplating what would be the consequences if I called him. Is it weird that your previous counselor gave you his personal number and asked you to be his friend? And now he asked me to call him to let him know if there’s something I dislike about the new arrangement. I let out a long huff of breath, I really, really don’t want to think about this right now.

+++

Kris, this is Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon.

I refrain myself from throwing my phone out of the window and bury myself alive just to save myself from the embarrassment. Kris gave me his number on Friday and he told me to call him if something is bothering me about the new arrangement. I waited for three days to text him because I keep remembering the ‘three days rule’ my roommate keep telling me about when I was in college.

It was a stupid rule, really. Who waited for three days to text someone?

What I regret right now is, that rule usually applies when you want to hook up with someone and I don’t want to hook up with Kris. Since I waited for three days, today’s Monday. I don’t know why but something keeps telling me that Kris is probably very busy on Mondays since it’s the beginning of the week. Kris probably doesn’t have the time to reply the text or call

Please log in to read the full chapter