Chapter 08- Secrets

It Happens in a Blink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon found it weird why Myungsoo hasn’t been out the whole day, she decided to knock on his room.

“L ssi?” after knocking few more times, L still did not answer. Jiyeon worriedly sighed looking at the room’s front door before walking downstairs to have dinner, she waited first for Myungsoo but he did not come down.

“Should I bring food in his room?” Jiyeon was bothered about Myungsoo who hasn’t eaten anything since morning and went in front of his room again, before knocking, she heard a loud thud, it seems like something huge fell inside the room, immediately she opened the door and saw Myungsoo lying on the floor breathing heavily and his face looks like he’s in pain.

Myungsoo groaned from pain due to hangover and threw himself on bed after washing his face ‘Seems like the medicine did not work’ he thought before closing his eyes to sleep because it’s his last option for his headache to fade away.

Minutes later he felt cold and his body freezing, then he went towards the window to close it, as soon as he stood up his body can’t even take his weight due to muscle soreness and fell on the floor.

Jiyeon rushed to Myungsoo and went on her knees trying to see his face, she figured out after placing her hand on his forehead that he’s having a flu with extreme headache as she could see from his expression, Jiyeon got more alarmed after seeing him coughing so much and he’s been shaking from feeling so cold.

‘What to do?’ Jiyeon thought because she hasn’t took care of someone sick before. She tried to remember how her mother treats her when she’s having a flu back then before helping Myungsoo get back on his bed. She struggled from Myungsoo’s weight as she helped him stand up and fell on the bed with him. She went to get a thick blanket and placed it above him making sure his body is covered all over with it.

“Hang in there L-ssi” she then rushed to the kitchen to get cold water and a cloth before she went back to his room and placed it on the table beside his bed, and made the cloth damp from the cold water before dabbing it all over his face and neck.

She thought first if she should continue placing the damped cloth all over his body but it bothered her since he’s a guy and it would be really weird if she’ll strip him by herself.

‘No, I’m must not think about it, he’s shaking and needs to be treated. That’s it, I’m not gonna let my dirty thoughts run around my mind'

She slowly lifted his shirt up to his chest after putting the blanket away wih her eyes closed. She slowly opened an eye and peeked before placing the cooled cloth all over and also on his chest. She made a deep breath before sneaking her hands on his chest. ‘Okay…it’s okay, you’re doing this for his sake’ she kept telling herself inside her head. She felt her cheeks burning after getting a clear sight on Myungsoo’s toned abs and cleared before pulling his shirt back on its place and also the blanket.

After going down to get a cold water and medicine for colds she went back and continued placing damp cloth on his face to his neck, she just kept checking if his temperature has gone low and unconsciously fell asleep afterwards while looking after him.

 

It was already midnight when Jiyeon was awoken by Myungsoo after he tried to get up to rest his back on the headboard. She then immediately placed her hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

“Thank god, you’ve gone well” she smiled in relief after feeling Myungsoo’s temperature became better.

“Wait there, I’m going to get the soup I cooked for you” she smiled before rushing downstairs to the kitchen. She heated the soup she cooked a while ago for Myungsoo knowing he hasn’t eaten anything since yesterday.

While preparing the ingredients and trying to learn how it would be done from the cookbook she brought from the last time she went out with Myungsoo, she made a cut on her finger which happened around 3 times and got burnt on some spots on her hand while putting the ingredients on the pot.

Myungsoo’s brows furrowed after hearing her say she cooked something for him and remembered how awful she cooks. There was one morning where she took charge in cooking by preparing fried egg and cooking the rice, the supposed to be sunny side up egg became a scrambled egg which is not that bad in appearance but the taste, he could not forget how dreadful it is, it’s like she added a cup of salt into it and while making the fried egg she had lost her attention to the rice and it ended up burnt.

When she came back with a bowl of vegetable soup Myungsoo pretended to be asleep, she slowed her way towards the side of his bed and placed the bowl of soup on the table before tilting her head to see if he’s really asleep ‘I just went downstairs for minutes and he’s already asleep’ she pouted slightly while narrowing her eyes at him as she saw his lashes shaking.

“Are you pretending to be asleep L-ssi?” she said still narrowing her eyes and repeated it raising her voice slightly.

“L-ssi?” she stood up crossing her arms on her chest. “Myungsoo!” she said almost yelling as she figured out he’s just really pretending seeing a slight grin on his face.

Myungsoo found it fun hearing Jiyeon whining he continued teasing her by not stopping on his act, he suddenly opened his eyes shooting a glare at Jiyeon when she called him with his full name without any formalities in it.

“Ya..!” he yelled and abruptly opened his eyes and forgot that he has a flu when he moved so sudden causing him to feel so much muscle pain on his neck.  

“Why are you pretending to be asleep?” she furrowed her brows and sat beside his bed still looking at him.

He tried to sit comfortably feeling the pain on his body slowly easing as he leaned back on the headboard. “You said you cooked… and—“

“And what?” Jiyeon frowned looking at his face. Myungsoo was not sure to tell her about how she at cooking or he’d just keep silent.

“What?” Jiyeon pouted and whined shaking her body like a kid. Myungsoo closed his eyes and heaved deeply right after he o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter