Homecoming

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

Oh my god I'm gonna throw up.

 
 
I'm so damned nervous why am I so nervous? 
 
 
I feel like my ribs are going to break from my heart pounding. 
 
 
 
Kibum clutched the bathroom wall and looked at himself in the mirror. He was already dressed in the outfit Taemim had picked out for him the day prior and was styling his hair when his sudden panic hit him like a freight train. He had styled his hair back to fit the style of his victorian-gothic clothing. He gulped, clutching the sink with his other hand when the thought of Jonghyun came to mind. It's just homecoming, no big deal. 
 
 
But Jonghyun.
 
 
What would his reaction be? Would he not be impressed? What would he look like and could Kibum handle it? He glanced at his phone, seeing he had very little time to be agonizing over his nervousness and social anxiety. It was after all his first ever party and he wanted things to go well. 
 
"Kibum?" the boy in question jolted at the sound his boyfriend's voice at the door. 
 
"Y-Yes...?"
 
"Um...I don't wanna be rude, but could you hurry? We're going to be late..." 
 
"O-Oh yeah! One sec!" Kibum shoved his hair styling products under the sink where they were originally and looked himself over briefly in the mirror. 
 
 
Remember you are Beyoncé. You are the shít, Kibum mentally chanted. 
 
 
As soon as he opened the door he immediately swallowed his own pep talk. 
 
 
 
 
 
This man...
 
...he couldn't be Jonghyun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Standing in front of him emitting a sweet cologne, a boy who resembled his boyfriend in a maroon dress shirt, black velvet vest, black pants, and perfectly styled field of wheat hair. He smiled a gorgeous smile that made Kibum want to scream and took a step closer.
 
"Wow, Kibum you look....stunning. Oh, I almost forgot." Jonghyun pulled out a white corsage and slipped it onto the taller boy's wrist. 
 
"There we go~! Isn't it pretty, Kibum?" 
 
"H-Ha... Huh?" 
 
"What?" Jonghyun smirked smugly, "Are you speechless?" 
 
Kibum gulped and nodded just to get another prideful smile out of the other boy. There just wasn't any way. He looked more like a model than a high school student. 
 
"Something wrong, baby? Werewolf got your tongue?" Jonghyun snickered and placed his hands on Kibum's hips in a soft caress. 
 
"You're so damn lucky that we're going somewhere or else I would've told you to get right now." Kibum shook his head. 
 
"I wouldn't totally reject that notion, but enough of that. We have twenty minutes to get to the gym building and that's a long walk so let's get moving." Jonghyun grabbed the dorm key and slipped it into his pocket. 
 
"Wait! I wanted to take pictures before we left!" Kibum grabbed his camera and turned it on, pouting to get Jonghyun to agree. 
 
"Aw cmon, Bum! We're gonna be late!"
 
 
"Please!"
 
 
"But...! The dance...!"
 
 
"Jonghyun please!!"
 
 
"...Okay fine. But only two."
 
 
"Three."
 
 
"Okay, three."
 
 
•••
 
 
Once inside the gym building it became very real to the auditor what a party really is in all its glory. Dimly lit and bass vibrating through the speakers it was all so much to take in. Kibum smiled giddily and snuggled up to Jonghyun's arm. 
 
"Eh~? What are you smiling about huh?" Jonghyun asked and poked his boyfriend's cheek who responded with a quick 'nothing'. 
 
The danced floor slowly filling with couples dancing to some sort of gothic pop music. It was an interesting sound to say the least, but it wasn't much different than human music. Kibum eyed it longingly and Jonghyun took notice. He wasn't an amazing at dancing but he was willing to take the chance for Kibum's sake. 
 
"Do you want to dance?" The werewolf finally asked.
 
"Dance? Oh I don't-- Cmon." Kibum yanked Jonghyun by the arm into the condensed bodies swaying to the bass heavy dance music blaring from the speakers. 
 
Jonghyun's swayed awkwardly trying to match Kibum's fluidity, but couldn't keep up with his dancing tendencies. He didn't really think about the fact that Kibum would be such passionate partner on the dance floor. 
 
 
 
How disgusting. 
 
 
 
Kibum jolted and froze in place, the voice had intruded his thoughts so abruptly that it startled him. Normally with Jonghyun around no voices are able to enter the barrier around his mind, but that one in particular practically tore it down. It was the same voices from the locker room those many days ago. He looked around, but found it would be impossible to narrow a owner to the voice in this massive gathering of people.  He quickly latched onto Jonghyun, throwing his arms around his shoulders, and swaying while pressing their bodies close to each other. 
 
 
"Did you hear something?" Jonghyun's lips grazed Kibum's ear. He always had a habit of whispering too close. 
 
 
Nonetheless, he shook his head no and focused on dancing and enjoying the night that they had together. It was actually quite fun dancing with Jonghyun. After a while he warmed up to the party, dancing more enthusiastically and not so much like an awkward penguin waddling across wet ice. 
 
Then Jinki walked up onto the stage with a card and microphone in his hand. He was dressed in a black satin shirt and a green vest with stitched patches. He looked actually very handsome and less I'm-the-student-council-president-and-debate-team. 
 
But that's not what caught Kibum by surprise.
 
 
 
It was the fact he was escorted on by Minho in inverted outfit similar to Jinki's. 
 
 
And they were holding hands. 
 
 
 
"When did they..?" Jonghyun began just as confused as the other boy was.
 
"I have no idea."
 
 
"Ghouls and Witches, I'd like to announce this year's 750th King and Mistress of tonight's Homecoming here at October High!" Jinki announced into the microphone earning everyone's attention. 
 
 
Minho leaned into the microphone, "We will now announce the nominees."
 
 
Right before the first name was called a heavy hand clamped on Jonghyun's shoulder causing them both to turn around. It was them; the boys from Kibum's gym class. They didn't look the least bit happy either. 
 
"Look at our little brother. Our dearest Jonghyun has finally found love with some -- poor excuse of an SN." The one in the silver tie sang in such a mocking tone you would swear he was actually joking. The others laugh lowly but clearly didn't find it funny but amusing. 
 
 
Kibum clutched Jonghyun's arm tightly, sensing danger. 
 
 
 
"The winners of the crown is...!"
 
 
 
Silver tie growled, "Grab him." 
 
 
Kibum found himself being held in every direction and restrained while they multiplied in numbers and did the same to Jonghyun. 
 
Jonghyun thrashed around,"What the hell do you think you guys are doing?! Let go of Kibum! He has nothing to do with you all!" 
 
 
 
 
"Kim Jonghyun and...!" 
 
 
 
 
"That's what you think. Did you really think we were going to let this relationship continue? You're precious. We do not mix with whatever he is. Once a pack member always a pack member, we are exclusive." Silver tie walked up into Jonghyun's personal space and had the audacity to laugh boisterously. 
 
The wolves holding Kibum bolted with Kibum in tow, his screams and wails drowned out by the clapping of the crowd. 
 
 
 
"And Kim Kibum!"
 
 
 
 
"Long live the king." Silver tie uttered.
 
•••
 
 
"Let me go goddammit!"
 
"Oh he's a feisty one~!" The rest of the werewolve's laughed and tossed the auditor onto the ground. They were off school grounds at this point near the the park across the street.
 
All their voices swirled in Kibum's mind, hitting his head in all directions painfully. He clutched his temples wanting nothing more than to cry out for Jonghyun's help. The moon in the sky shone a dark red glow that made the scene even more life threatening than it already was. Kibum looked at the faces of his abductors, all of them bared their teeth at him like he was piece of meat with a rabid jitter. They look like rescue dogs that haven't been cured for rabies or whatever diseases swimming in their veins. 
 
 
"So what should we do with him first?
 
"He doesn't smell of Jonghyun yet...Ha! He's still clean then! This ought to be fun."
 
 
Kibum's eyes widened, "No! No don't you dare!
 
 
"What? If you like werewolves so much why wouldn't you want it? Not only do you have one, you have seven now." Silver tie's lips cured into a bone chilling grin.
 
 
 
 
Jonghyun! You promised you would protect me didn't you?! 
 
 
 
 
A single tear rolled down Kibum's cheek as he curled into the fetal position. He was outnumbered. Even if he fought till his hands bled he would still lose. He began to sob only to arouse more laughter out of the testosterone happy wolves circling and closing in on him. 
 
It came over him in an instant. The blunt pain of sharpened nails and teeth consuming his body in a massive wave. Hands grabbed at him a tore the beautiful clothing that Taemin picked out for him. 
 
 
 
Save me...
 
 
 
In the sea of all the vulgar and disgusting thoughts of him flooding in consciousness one in particular stood out. It was gruff and sounded out of breath from it's heavy panting. It kept complaining about how hot it was.
 
 
 
 
Leave him alone!
 
Don't touch Kibum! 
 
 
 
"Jonghyun...?" Kibum heard his own voice, it was faint and breaking. 
 
A massive body of a sheen rusty brown he so vividly remembered came hurdling towards the mosh pit he found himself in the center of. He smiled faintly; he knew very well who it was. He knew he wasn't abandoned. Jonghyun would never sit back and do nothing. That just wasn't his style. 
 
 Kibum watched as the massive ball of rusted fur launched itself into the mosh pit, it's teeth sinking into one of the many wolves involved.
 
 
"Took you long enough, pup."