Rain

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

Parties.

 
 
Those social gatherings that Kibum was never invited to.
 
He had seen them on TV in all their chaotic glory, but had he experienced it himself? Not in the slightest. It had been a few weeks since the football game and the night of Jonghyun's heat. Although things back at the dorm were smooth sailing for the most part, things outside of it weren't as nice. He had found that if he hung out with Jonghyun in the dorm he had zero invasion of other people's inner thoughts (why was still a mystery). Anywhere else he was pelted with every single voice in the building. He was shocked he hadn't gone mad within the first week or so. 
 
From people's thoughts Kibum had discovered he wasn't thought of highly by most of the population. They all thought from just the simple fact that he was dorming with Jonghyun he had already slept with him numerous times. A threat to the pack if you will. He never knew werewolves were so territorial and warlocks such gossipers. It hurt to know this, they didn't even know him enough to say those things! Still, he marched through the halls like nothing was wrong and went about his business. 
 
But about the party.
 
 
 
It wasn't exactly just a "party".
 
It was the largest event in the school.
 
 
 
 
Homecoming 
 
 
Basically take prom and homecoming, add them together, multiply by six, and you would get the amount of hype the students had for the event. Everyone dressed in the stereotypical, gothic garb paired with a mask to add to the feel of the creepy dance. They even crowned a king at the end of the night just like at a human school. And he, Kim Kibum, wanted to go more than anything. Taemin was on the planning committee with Jinki and judging from what they've shown him it was going to be one hell of a spooky time. Problem was: He had no one to go with. Like at all. 
 
Kibum sighed and looked out the window he sat next to in Dark Sciences, imagining how fun it would be to go to homecoming in a fancy outfit with his date. If he ever got one that is... 
 
 
Then a quite unattractive snore disturbed his thoughts coming from a certain werewolf roommate. 
 
 
He craned his head, scrunching his face up in disapproval as he watched Jonghyun sleep totally knocked out on his desk. His nose twitched between every other snore and his ears would pivot every minute. 
 
Kibum rolled his eyes, Jonghyun wouldn't ask him either. As much as he wanted to believe he and the boy next to him would be a lovely match he knew Jonghyun did not feel the same. He had MoonBall to worry about.
 
 
•••
 
 
"Stupid Mr.Chen making me clean up and-- Ah shít!" Jonghyun coughed as chalk particles entered his lungs. He was clapping the erasers together a little too close for comfort. 
 
It was Mr.Chen's fault for making him clean up as punishment for sleeping in class. Now he was going to be late for practice and his coach would make him run suicides for sure. He whined at the thought, running those were the worst. He gathered his things and sprinted down the halls and stair cases after he was done, dashing straight for the athletic building adjacent to the football field. He could already see bodies of people doing drills on the 50 yard line.
 
I'm so in for it now. Practice already started!
 
He was in his practice clothes faster than he could finish a box of beef pizza. As Jonghyun expected his coach immediately made him run suicides on the opposite side of the field. He huffed and got started, mentally cursing out his owl eyed science teacher. Gradually, he felt cool drops of rain fall onto the exposed portions of his skin. This is exactly what he needed. Just lovely. The rain started to beat down on the earth harder as time passed, but his team was still practicing as if the rain wasn't there. Days like these reminded Jonghyun of a lot of things. Like when his mother shipped him and the rest of the litter off to boarding school. He remembered feeling excited to be on his own with his eleven other brothers, but slowly that feeling faded. Jonghyun was what they called a late howler. He wasn't called a dog as a cruel joke, he really was one. He struggled shifting and when he finally got the hang of it he was only able to become an oversized German shepherd. It was beyond embarrassing, that's why he rarely shifted. 
 
A tall hooded figure watched him underneath a willow tree beyond the field. Just plain watching, nothing more. Jonghyun eyed the figure, getting an uneasy feeling. 
 
 
A loud, shrill howl ripped through the air causing everyone to stop, including Jonghyun. He turned his head only to wish he hadn't. Deaths weren't uncommon in the school, but when it did happen it left a large scar. He watched as one of the freshmen on their team fell down the bleachers, impaled by a rod at the bottom of the bleachers. Poor kid was running them and must've tripped. Jonghyun lowered his head as the medics rolled in on their golf carts to the scene. 
 
"Boo."
 
A chill ran down the werewolf's spine as he let out a surprised yelp.
 
"God damn it, Minho!! What did I say about sneaking up on me like that?!" Jonghyun clutched his heart as he glared at the chuckling, taller boy. 
 
"I can't help it. It's too easy."
 
"Yeah I bet. You're here because of the freshman aren't you?"
 
Minho leaned on his scythe and nodded, "Correct. It was his time so I, as a reaper, came to do my duty. It's my job to make sure his soul passes on safely. Which it did by the way." 
 
"Yeah, okay."
 
"So, I here the newest addition to the school is your roommate. What's it like to share a dorm with an auditor? Can he read your mind like that rumors claim?" Minho was always one nosy little shít underneath his brooding teenager facade. 
 
"It's perfectly fine and no, he can't. He can't read mine but he can read everyone else's. We still don't know why but it's best that way."
 
"He's cute isn't he."
 
Jonghyun looked at the other boy with the most scandalized face he could produce, "What is with you people and assuming I'm trying to get in everyone's pants?! I'm not a whøre!" 
 
"Well," Minho began, "considering the intensity of your heat is 4 percent higher than considered healthy it would be the most logical thought don't you think?"
 
Jonghyun growled, baring his canines at Minho. Everyone just loved to bring that detail up didn't they? 
 
"We're just friends, Minho. Nothing more."
 
"I just assumed there was something going on. From what I've seen and heard he seems to care a great deal about you."
 
"No he doesn't. Stop lying."
 
"No he does, I'm serious. You may not notice but everyone else does. He's always watching you. How do you think you haven't failed most of your classes by now?"
 
"Notes have been magically appearing my binders lately when I didn't take any now that you mention it..."
 
"I rest my case." 
 
The rain began to fall at a steadier and lighter pace, still it didn't cover the act that he was soaking wet. As close Jonghyun wanted to believe he was with Kibum he found that they're next to strangers on the scale. The thought of him having a crush on Jonghyun was even lesser chance too. 
 
"Maybe he's just being a good friend. People could do that for each other." Jonghyun insisted.
 
"Listen to yourself, Jonghyun. The boys here do that? I don't think so. Everyone is watching out for themselves out here considering the student population is 50% werewolves and 50% other." 
 
Werewolves were an every man for himself type of culture, he understood that very well. 
 
Minho continued, "But let's just say he does for the sake of argument. What would you do? I'm assuming he's already seen you in heat and hasn't ran for the hills just yet so you two are very familiar with each other already."
 
Jonghyun's cheeks burned at the memory. Yes, a little too familiar.
 
"I guess...it wouldn't be too crazy of a possibility. Kibum is kind...smart...attractive--aish! Stop distracting me from practice!" He growled while the reaper merely laughed at him.
 
"Just keep in mind it's a two way street! You either like him too or you don't!" Minho dismissed himself before the coach could catch sight of him.
 
"It's a two way street!" Jonghyun mimicked in a mocking tone as he continued to run his suicides. 
 
 
•••
 
His legs felt like Jell-O.
 
His stomach growling.
 
His body was just aching! 
 
 
Jonghyun collapsed onto his bed, his duffel bag sliding off his arm onto the floor. Maybe if he would just lay there he could die and put himself out of his misery.
 
 
"Jeez, you look like crap."
 
"Thanks. I'm sure that's what everyone wants to hear." Jonghyun mumbled into his pillow as Kibum came out of the bathroom. 
 
"You were out in the rain weren't you? You smell like a wet dog." Kibum sat crossed legged on his bed, his hair tied up in an apple style. 
 
Jonghyun groaned, "Yeah. Coach didn't even acknowledge it. I showered in the locker room but the smell of musk is literally coming out of my pores." 
 
"Why don't you take a hot bath? It relaxes the muscles."
 
"I don't have the strength to get up."
 
There's a bit of silence before Kibum took a deep breath, shifting in his seat. 
 
"Do you want a massage...?"
 
"A what?"
 
The raven haired boy bit his lower lip and shrugged. 
 
"You seem like you need one." Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at the boy's words.
 
Friends could do that for each other. Right? There's no harm. He just wants to help Jonghyun out.
 
"Sure. Hold on a sec." Jonghyun sat up, wincing, and pulled his practice jersey over his head.
 
A large radial tattoo on his right shoulder blade. In dark brown ink intricate patterns swirled into a large crescent moon in the center. The werewolf payed no mind to Kibum's staring and laid back down on his stomach on the bed. Jonghyun's skin looked as though it was crafted of bronze, for a good reason too. All those hours of football is bound to get someone those results. 
 
Kibum got up and made his way to the older boy, palms starting to get sweaty. It wasn't fair. Jonghyun was attractive with a golden heart, but he barely bat an eye on Kibum's direction. He was giving up before he even tried. Slender hands put themselves on Jonghyun's shoulders and began to knead out the knots and sores out of his back. Jonghyun let out a long dragged out groan in response.
 
"God damn that hurt...but it feels good." 
 
"Mhm..." 
 
His shoulders were incredibly broad compared to his narrow waist. Kibum's hands began to get greedy, but he didn't go beyond a comfortable point. That would ruin everything.
 
"Are you going to homecoming?"
 
Jonghyun shook his head, "Nah, I never go. It's overrated."
 
Kibum's heart sunk. His chances just went out the window.
 
"So you have no one you want to go with?"
 
"No...not exactly." 
 
"Oh."
 
"Do you have someone?"
 
"No...I don't think anyone wants to go with me. I don't anyone who goes to the sister school either so that's not an option."
 
"Shame."
 
Jonghyun groaned again when Kibum worked out a particular knot. If he would stop making those noises this would be a lot easier on Kibum's heart. 
 
Kibum pried his hands away, "Sit up."
 
The werewolf followed and sat up, ears twitching in the slightest. Kibum's hands returned to his neck and dug his thumbs in to relax the muscles there. Jonghyun's eyes were closed shut with his long lashes dusting across his high cheekbones. The younger boy bit his lip. Should he? 
 
 
"Jonghyun?"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"You know how we said we would be friends with benefits?"
 
"Mhm."
 
"Can I kiss you?"
 
There's a long silence before Jonghyun registered what was said.
 
"Kiss me? Why?"
 
"Just because...I'm curious."
 
Jonghyun's skin started to heat up more than it already was and he shrugged, "I guess you could."
 
 
Kibum grabbed Jonghyun's face between his index finger and thumb, making him face him. Puppy dog eyes were filled with uncertainty and some other emotion he couldn't quite place. Kibum could admit it was more of a heat of the moment thing, but he still wanted to try. He leant in until he collided with a pair of plush lips. It was like kissing a cloud...a really muscular one. He had meant for it to only last a second or two, but seconds turned into one too many. 
 
Jonghyun forced his lips to part open, clawed hands clamping around the back of his neck and holding him in place. Kibum's mind was whirling like the cogs in his mind had suddenly stopped from a jam. He felt dizzy from the work Jonghyun's tongue was doing. Something tells Kibum this isn't Jonghyun's first time kissing someone at all. 
 
Finally the werewolf pulled away, panting like crazy desperate to get air back into his lungs again. His lips were a puffy red, his tongue running over them. 
 
 
"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean too..."
 
"It's okay...that was...pleasant."
 
"Oh."
 
 
Seconds later he's pinned with his hands above his head with canine eyes staring down at him with nothing but sheer hunger. His lips were attacked with three times the force from before. 
 
He should've known better than to provoke a hormone raging werewolf.
 
But he was glad he did it anyways.