Dorm Room 210

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

     It started with the voices. They pulsed wildly inside Kibum's head, buzzing in his ear like annoying insect. It was therapist and after therapist every other week. Kibum was starting to think he really was crazy. All his therapists concluded an intense case of schizophrenia. Public areas like malls and school were absolutely out of the question, the voices only got worse. Then suddenly the raven haired boy was opening drawers and closets with just a mere glance.

 
Now you can infer just how insane Kibum thought he was.
 
Then as the fall began and the spectrum of orange and red leaves began to trickle down to the ground, Kibum found himself in front of a particularly old, gothic school building. 
 
Boarding School, Kibum bitterly thought.
 
Now he had heard many terrible stories about boarding schools. The teachers barely cared and the students were a level below delinquent status. He could only imagine the kind of person he would be rooming with. He probably drank and did drugs, possibly brought over his rowdy friends to do drugs too. Mr. Kim was probably the only sane one of Kibum's parents. His mother was fully convinced his beloved son had totally lost his mind and all the medication in the world would not help him. Then a letter in the mail came in claiming other boys with situations similar to his own had their own school in a small run down town of DarkBrooke. 
 
Who the hell would even wanna move to a place called DarkBrooke? 
 
The school was called October High (ironically) Boarding School. So there Kibum was, standing in front of its ornate, iron gate staring at the massive building. He rolled his luggage behind him on the stone pathway to the steps of the entrance. He had to get to the Dean's office to get his schedule and dorm room, but the place was so massive he didn't think he would ever find it. Students walked past him. Some with funky colored hair and weird eye colors. Did he really belong here with people who looked like that? Kibum had dyed his hair a few unnatural colors, but never looked anything like that. He reached up and touched his inkwell of black hair, maybe he shouldn't have dyed it back. 
 
He stopped in front of a red wood door, a gold plate bolted into the door reading in dark font: Dean. He twisted the golden knob and poked his head in, finding a middle aged man with circular specks and silver hair slicked back. He looked normal...from what he could make out. The middle aged man looked up from the monitor of his computer and looked at Kibum in question. 
 
"Excuse me...I just transferred?" Kibum shuffled in with his luggage behind him. Recognition filled the Dean's face as he nodded, motioning the dark haired boy to sit down. 
 
He sat down, hugging his luggage to his knees as the man printed out a few papers and pulled out an old looking iron key. 
 
"Kim Kibum...third year transfer student," the man repeated as if to remind himself, " We have already scheduled you. Here's a map of the campus, your handbook, and your dorm key. You're on the second floor of the west dorm building." 
 
Kibum took the papers and the ancient looking key, a small tag hung off it with the numbers 210 imprinted into it. Haven't these people ever heard of keys from this century? Maybe a PIN number or a card? 
 
The Dean goes over to what Kibum assumes is the intercom and presses the button, "Can Lee Jinki please report to the Dean's office? You have a student to ." 
 
"Lee Jinki?"
 
"He's the student council president. He's a third year as well so you won't have a problem adjusting"
 
In popped in a boy with rusty red hair through the equally red door. He had some pretty realistic looking tattoo around the circumference of his neck of stitches. It sort of reminded Kibum of Frankenstein. 
 
"Ah, in record time, Jinki. You'll be in charge of showing the transfer student to his dorm." The Dean said waving them off not looking away from the computer. 
 
The boy named Jinki smiled, his eyes upturning into dark crescents. He looked nice and normal. The red hair suited him too. Jinki waved him over and exited the Dean's office. The decor changed as they progressed down the hallway. It shifted from classy gothic to some kind of Halloweeny steampunk mix. What was with this town? His previous town wasn't exactly modern either, but this was extreme. 
 
Jinki began, "So you're Kibum right? I saw your records a week ago. I was the one to help place you in the correct form floor according to your abilities." 
 
"My abilities?" Kibum assumed like his academics and extracurricular things, "He said I had dorm 210 in the west wing--"
 
"Wait, did you say 210?"
 
"Uh, yeah?"
 
"Let me see that." Jinki took the papers from Kibum to confirm if what he heard is right.
 
" Oh my god they gave you his dorm." Jinki murmured.
 
"His?"
 
"There's a reason why nobody is supposed to have that dorm. I'm shocked that they would give you his dorm. You'll see what I mean when we get there."
 
The west dorm building was painted a midnight black from top to bottom, the gothic architecture is still consistent with the school building. Looking at the the door for 210 he couldn't figure out anything physically wrong with it. It looked like the other dorm rooms.
 
Jinki knocked on the door hollering to whoever was on the other side, "Jonghyun!! Jonghyun!! Open up!"
 
The door swung open to reveal a stocky, shorter boy. He looked a bit older, but still youthful. His hair was in an organized mess of blacks and browns complimented by the biggest eyes Kibum had ever seen. He was munching from a bag of chips, his hand fishing into the metallic bag. 
 
"Yeah?" Jonghyun said muffled from the chips in his mouth.
 
"You've got a new roomie. This is Kibum, you'll be sharing a room from now on. I don't know how managed to let the Dean let you have another one since the last one ran out scarred for eternity." Jinki leaned on the doorframe and Jonghyun merely shrugged. 
 
This guy reeks jock, Kibum thought
 
After Jinki left it was only Kibum and Jonghyun. The dorm was like a small apartment. It had the bedroom connected to a small kitchen. To the left of it was a bathroom. The left side of the bedroom was virtually untouched, the bed was made long ago. 
 
"So...Your name is Kibum?" The shorter boy began, munching loudly in his chips.
 
"Yeah." 
 
"Oh, well. Nice to meet you. I'm Jonghyun. I'm a third year." 
 
Then something Kibum didn't expect happened. When Jonghyun went for sit down, rusty brown wolf ears and a tail came out at their leisure. The tail swung side to side lazily. The bag of chips weren't just any bag of chips either.
 
 
 
They were dog treats.
 
 
 
"What SuperNatural are you? You look pretty human to me." Jonghyun inquired as he lifted his feet onto the bed.
 
"H-Huh?"
 
"You know, like what category are you? You must be low level since you're on this floor. Most of my werewolf buddies are on this floor so--"
 
"Wait." Kibum lifted his hand and silenced the puppy eyed boy.
 
"Did you just say werewolf? As in the moon comes out and you turn into an oversized dog on steroids?" Jonghyun looked a bit offended, but nodded anyways.
 
"Yeah, basically. Have you never met one or something?" 
 
"I think I'm gonna be sick."
 
It all made sense. Not the reason why he was here, but the whole vibe of this place. Jonghyun's ears and tail were definitely real and he definitely saw sharp canine teeth on him while he was munching on dog treats. They called this a "special" school for a good reason.
 
Everyone here was special.
 
They were werewolves, vampires, ghouls, and God knows what else. Somehow Kibum found himself enrolled in the same school as them. Creatures like these were mere myths and nightmares till this point, but they're real. They always have been. 
 
"Oh my god. Voices!! What does it make me if I hear people's voices?!" Kibum asked with a shrill voice making Jonghyun internally jump. 
 
"Voices? Uh...Auditor? They read people's thoughts." 
 
Kibum settled down, his shoulders relaxing significantly. So, he wasn't normal after all? Was he really a creature like the other boys in this school? Is that why none of the therapists could figure out what in the world was wrong with him. 
 
Auditor
 
From the Latin audit meaning listen.
 
A listener.
 
 
Kibum really was a freak of nature.
 
He just didn't know there was a whole school filled with many more freak shows of the night.