Game Day

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

"So you're telling me you had no idea you were going to a school of SNs?" Jonghyun asks half amused and shocked.

 
Kibum nodded his head slowly, ready to pass out any moment now.
 
Maybe it was a dream. A really freaking realistic one, but a dream nonetheless. He just couldn't wrap his head around the fact that all the monsters people dressed up as for Halloween and even made movies out of were actually real. They just kept to themselves, living in plain sight. 
 
Jonghyun nervously chewed on his lip looking for words to somehow comfort his roommate, but drew a blank. Well what are you supposed to tell someone who just found out they were a SuperNatural? Reassure them that the others were just like humans but looked nothing like them? 
 
"Oh god," Kibum shrieked, "damn vampires. There's vampires here isn't it?"
 
Jonghyun hesitantly nodded his head causing another shriek from Kibum. 
 
If there was anything Kibum feared the most when it came to this dark part of humanity it was vampires. He watched plenty vampire flicks with his cousins on previous Halloween get togethers and never again would he sit down for another. The raven haired boy took a deep breath then looked at the werewolf sitting on the bed next to him. 
 
"I have one concern: Will I get attacked?" Kibum asked, his voice shaky.
 
Jonghyun slowly shook his head no, "No...? It's never happened. The vampires are kept in check with blood tablets. It's nothing to be afraid of I swear. Our society is just like yours. Same rules, same flow. We're just...a different culture. We're not full blown like our parents either. None of us are fully developed. I still have problems shifting from time to time just to name an example." 
 
So they won't kill me...that's a good start, Kibum mentally sighed. 
 
"Okay...now that that's out of the way... We're gonna need to discuss some rules here. If we're going to be dorming together we're going to need some order. First, I don't like my things moved or taken. Second, knock before entering the bathroom. Third, don't be obnoxious if I'm studying or something like that. Got it?"
 
Jonghyun blinked.
 
Kibum will take that as a yes.
 
•••
 
The first week and a half wasn't bad at all. Actually, it was fantastic. Kibum quickly adjusted to his schedule and his teachers seemed to like him all the same. He learned quite a few things:
 
First, don't upset the centaur librarian. Just don't do it.
 
Second, Victorian literature is ten times more interesting when the teacher is an owl hybrid. 
 
Third, if you see a guy walking around with a sythe steer away.
 
Fourth, the cafeteria is just as crazy as a human cafeteria.
 
 
Seriously. He was almost trampled by a pack of werewolves trying to get to the front of the line. His classes were cool too. SuperNatural's have a cirriculum similar to its human counter part. For example, instead of  history about a particular country they had history about every single species and its interactions with others. It was actually quite interesting, except for Jonghyun who sat next to him in that class. He usually spent the period either dozing off or idly drawing in the margin of his notebook. The voices, however, still persisted and gave him a pounding headache strong enough to break down a concrete wall. Thankfully, he tried meditation and that all in its own helped suppress the voices. 
 
The dorm wasn't much of a problem either. Jonghyun was an awesome guy. He didn't understand why people were struck with fear when Kibum told them who he was dorming with. The werewolf was a bit dense, but he was polite. Sweet even. He was a bit on the childish and playful side which was something Kibum hadn't seen in a person yet. He normally saw Jonghyun either listening to music on his bed back at the dorm, in class, or in a blob of other weres heading to the sports field. So the whole rules thing they established was basically pointless. 
 
 
 
 
On that Friday, Jinki had knocked on Kibum's dorm room in the midst of him cleaning out his backpack.
 
"Kibum~! I wanted to know if you wanted to come to the MoonBall game? Taemin is coming too!"
 
Funny thing about Taemin.
 
 
He was a grade A vamp and Kibum loved the kid to death (all the pun intended). They just instantly clicked upon meeting. 
 
Did he mention that Taemin was blindingly beautiful? Well yeah, he was. 
 
He let Jinki in who was sporting a orange and black varsity jacket and small towel in his right hand. Kibum found out pretty soon that Jinki was basically a modern version of Frankenstein. That's right, Jinki's stitches were real. That didn't make him any less of a person though. Kibum liked him all the same. 
 
"So MoonBall? Mind explaining what that is?" Kibum raised his brow in question.
 
"Well...it's football, but it's exclusive to werewolves. They play the game best. Kind of like men only play in the human world. You should come, your roommate is the star player after all."
 
 
Now that got his attention. Jonghyun never told him that he played football. Let alone the star player.
 
 
"Give me a second and I'll be right out."
 
•••
 
Kibum had never seen so much orange and black in one area before. Apparently, everyone here at October High lived and breathed MoonBall. 
 
But that's to be expected at any highschool, filled with humans or not.
 
According to Jinki, tonight was the first night of the season. Judging from their purple and grey clad opponents October high wasn't the only school in its category either. The kids in the student section waved their mini towels and hollered at the team below from the bleachers. 
 
The game itself didn't look much different from the human version. Well, except the fact the football was a chrome one that when caught in the light gave off a soft light. The name suddenly made more sense then. Kibum scanned the players lined up for warm ups, but they all looked the same with the uniform. 
 
"He's number 42." Taemin spoke up and pointed to the only player shorter than the rest, jumping up and down like an excited puppy.
 
"What position does he play?" Kibum asked.
 
"Wide receiver. The kid is short, but man is he fast. Like ridiculously fast it's scary." Onew nods and puts his mini towel aside.
 
"So...how's dorming with him?" Taemin lent forward with a mischievous grin.
 
"Good so far. He behaves and he's really nice. I don't see why you guys make such a big deal. He's totally sweet." Kibum shrugged only to earn disbelieving looks from Taemin and Jinki. 
 
 
"So he hasn't tried to touch you inappropriately?" 
 
"Or himself."
 
"Or climbed on top of you in the middle of the night and take off your clothes?"
 
"Or taken off his clothes?"
 
 
Kibum's eyebrows knitted together in confusion.
 
That didn't sound like Jonghyun at all.
 
Like...at all.
 
"What the hell are you guys talking about? He hasn't done any of that!" 
 
Jinki pondered for a bit, "Hm, then he's due soon for another episode. It's been quite a while." 
 
Episode? Kibum couldn't really think of anything that would cause such behavior. 
 
Taemin sighed, "You'll figure it out soon enough." 
 
The Taemin went ahead and teased Jinki about some guy named Minho. Jinki was a bit crazy to say the least. To be in love with barrier of death himself, Son of the Grim Reaper, Choi Minho was a bit out there. But hey, let the boy live. 
 
Then the student section almost lost their minds all of a sudden. The game had started and by the time Kibum looked the two teams were already set up on the brightly painted field. He didn't understand football much, he just understood the minimum. 
 
A good eight minutes in they had already scored twice. He heard from Jinki that their team was good, but not that good. His fellow peers were literally screaming and chanting at the top of their lungs as the game progressed. 
 
Guess who scored each time?
 
 
The wide receiver. 
 
 
It was every damned time! He would catch it from some ridiculous distance and bolt at the speed of light straight to the end zone. Jonghyun could literally run for days and still have energy to run a few more. Everyone he got the ball the crowd would chant: Jonghyun! Jonghyun! 
 
Must be great to have the entirety of the student body screaming your name at the top of their lungs. Like seriously, Jonghyun was doing back flips over the opposing team's defensive end. He was literally weightless in the way he glided through the turf. 
 
42 - 4 
 
Forty-two damn points.
 
The kids behind Kibum were nearly about to pop a vessel from the amount of screaming they were doing. As Jonghyun slammed the chrome ball into the end zone he ripped of his helmet and let his sweat drenched hair flop out. He shook it like a dog and promptly howled loudly and got a howl back from the bleachers. Jonghyun was in his element and damn it did he own it. He lived for this sort of thing. The adrenaline pumping, the sweat dripping down his temples, and the dull roar of the crowd cheering. It was exhilarating to run up and down the massive field while having to dodge guys three times his size try to take him down. 
 
Kibum couldn't take it, so he got up, and ran down the bleachers to the edge over seeing into the sidelines. He leaned over the railing and hollered Jonghyun's name as loud as he could over the crowd. The short boy's wolf ears perked up at the distant sound and turned his head, grinning when he spotted Kibum. He trotted over and hopped onto the ledge.
 
"Fancy seeing you here! How did you know there was a game tonight?" Jonghyun combed his hair back with his fingers. Kibum couldn't deny it, Jonghyun was extremely handsome.
 
"Jinki told me about it! Why didn't you tell me you were the star player?!"
 
"It never came up?"
 
"Kim Jonghyun..."
 
"Honest! I never found a reason to mention it!" Jonghyun put his hands up in defense. 
 
"Well Mr. MoonBall Prodigy, are you busy after? Let's celebrate back in the dorm." Kibum smiled hopefully which only broadened when Jonghyun agreed. 
 
They parted ways and Kibum filtered out of the bleachers with Jinki. Taemin had apparently went off with some guy named Kai. They're roommates and Jinki says they're really close. Their clans are strongly affiliated with each other and they're set to be married when they turn 120. They're a nice couple, Kibum had Kai in his Dark Science class fourth period. 
 
Jonghyun appeared in the dorm about half an hour after Kibum had gotten there. He was freshly showered and carrying a duffel bag. He looked a bit hot and feverish, but Kibum assumed it was just all the running he had done. 
 
"I'm gonna order food while Jinki, Taemin, and Kai come down to the dorm! What toppings do you want on your pizza-- whoa are you okay?" Kibum stopped in mid-sentence when he saw Jonghyun breathing heavily against the wall to the bathroom. 
 
"I'm okay...beef...that's what I want." Jonghyun wearily waved his hand to assure he was fine. 
 
He sure didn't look okay, but Kibum went ahead and ordered pizza anyways. The others came to the dorm shortly after. Through out the night Jonghyun was awfully quiet while the rest were all beer happy. He only ate, no talking. As much as he enjoyed Jinki's musical adlib and Taemin chasing Kai around the room with a soggy blood cake they had brought (vamps can't eat anything that isn't blood based apparently) he was a bit more concerned with Jonghyun's silent state. 
 
Even way after the guys left Jonghyun was still oddly quiet and growing even more feverish by the moment. Just in case Kibum cranked up the AC in the room just for the shorter boy's expense and settled in bed. He mumbled a quiet "Good Night", receiving no response from Jonghyun. 
 
•••
 
Hot... So damn hot...
 
Jonghyun was tossing and turning impatiently, desperate to find a comfortable position or cool spot in the bed. Alas, he found none. The AC was on full blast but his skin was searing hot as if he was sleeping on the sun. He sat up and yanked his shirt over his head with no avail. 
 
He didn't feel any cooler.
 
He just felt worse. 
 
 
That wasn't even the worst part. The shorter boy whined and let his head rest against the wall, his had blindly searching for the waistband of his pants. He was painfully, and he meant painfully, hard. He hated this part of him. It made him realize how little control he really has in his abilities. Jonghyun carefully grasped himself, pumping slowly while releasing a sigh of relief. He bit his lip, breathing heavily still, and tried to endure the heat.
 
Because after all that's what was happening.
 
He was in heat.
 
 
His eyes shifted over to Kibum's bed, fighting the urge to exactly what he did to each one of his previous roommates. He was desperate though but he didn't wanna risk being alone again. He really enjoyed Kibum's company. Finally, he couldn't take it. He quietly padded over to Kibum's sleeping figure. Crawling over him Jonghyun was careful not to wake him just yet. This was bad, he knew that. 
 
"Kibum..." He whined, reaching into his pants again.
 
Kibum stirred at first, slowly gaining consciousness of his surroundings. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, yawning a bit. The raven haired boy squinted in the darkness to make out the shorter boy's figure above him. 
 
"Jonghyun..? What's wrong?"
 
Jonghyun only whined again in response, the sound of his hand working inside his pants reaching Kibum's ears. 
 
Kibum was frozen, unsure what to even say. Jonghyun was...he was right in front of him. Shamelessly so. His breathing hitched and grew sharper, emitting a groan from deep in his chest.
 
"J-Jonghyun...?" 
 
 
That's when Kibum realized something: it was totally silent. No Jonghyun hadn't stopped, but the voices. He didn't hear any. Especially Jonghyun's. No matter how hard he tried to tap into his mind he got no response. Why couldn't he? He was able to read everyone's mind but Jonghyun's. 
 
"I want to help you Jonghyun...what's wrong?"
 
"Hot..." he repeated again, "It's too hot..." 
 
"D-Do you need the AC higher?"
 
Jonghyun roughly grabbed Kibum's wrist and tried to pull it towards the tent in his pants. 
 
"No...! You! I need you!"
 
~~~
 
A/N: For those who came for OnHo and TaeKai you'll get their stories soon! I just really need to build the story for it to make sense and flow.  I will be doing some OnHo centered chapters and some snippets of TaeKai (I know very little about the ship ㅠㅠ ).