End of the Last Semester

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

His body felt like cement when he came to. Sunlight filtered though the plastic blinds and created horizontal rays of light down the length of the room. Kibum squinted; looking around the room for somewhat of a recollection of what happened the night before. His eyes landed on jaggedly broken pieces of wood scattered by the bed's headboard.

 
 
Wait...that was the headboard.
 
 
Suddenly, memories of last night's attack and love affair hit Kibum all at once. He sat up, groaning in pain from the soreness in his backside. For some reason although it's winter he wasn't cold in the slightest despite being bare. The auditor stared at the man next to him, snoring peacefully without a care in the world. Jonghyun's eyes were half open and his mouth slightly opened as well as snored erupted from his chest. That's right, Jonghyun had made love to Kibum last night, and things got out of hand. So much so that the headboard had to suffer for it. 
 
 
How were they going to explain the damages to the school? 
 
He couldn't exactly fess up to getting dirty in the sheets with his roommate. 
 
 
Kibum looked down at his wounds from the attack and sighed in relief at the sight of them healing. But Jonghyun's...that might take a bit longer. 
 
 
"I see you're awake." Jonghyun's voice started Kibum making his heart leap into his throat. The werewolf lay flat on his chest, head turned to face his lover with a lazy grin.
 
 
"Weren't you sleeping like two seconds ago?" 
 
 
"I'm a light sleeper. The slightest movement wakes me up."
 
 
"Aish, just like a guard dog."
 
 
Jonghyun growled weakly, "Yah, that word is forbidden in the dorm." 
 
 
There was a slight pause after that.
 
 
"Um..." Jonghyun began. 
 
"Awkward." Kibum finished for him.
 
 
It was that weird feeling that they both know what occurred last night, but neither one dared to begin closure. Jonghyun caught sight of the broken headboard and sighed. 
 
"You know it was real when your headboard is broken in half the next day."
 
Kibum snorted, "You need to stay off Screamer*" (Screamer = SuperNatural Twitter) 
 
Jonghyun shrugged, "Hey, I just might post it later."
 
"Oh yeah that's definitely a good idea. Let the whole student body know we had such wild sèx our headboard ended up being broken. Yeah. Great idea." Kibum nodded his head with words dripping sarcasm.
 
Jonghyun propped himself up on his elbows, staring down Kibum's bare body with a satisfied smirk. His tongue dragged across his plush lips and canine teeth bit down on the lower lip. 
 
"Damn...I can't believe I got you to agree to make love with me...someone as-- sèxy-- as Kim Kibum." 
 
Kibum's cheeks burned a bright red and an aching feeling pulsing in a certain organ, "N-No I'm not."
 
"Oh believe me you are. How many guys do you know have me on my knees singing hallelujah like you do?"
 
"....no one."
 
"That's what I thought." 
 
 
•••
 
"Oh my god I thought you two were dead! What the hell happened?!" Onew shrieked at the sight of Kibum's raven black hair upon entering the student council office. 
 
When Kibum had checked his cell phone he had six missed calls and fourteen text messages from Jinki (Kai and Taemin ditched homecoming to do the uncensored). The homecoming crowns sat on Jinki's desk; ornate iron crowns with swirling patterns like the now broken headboard in Kibum's dorm.
 
"The werewolves they-- you know the blood moon? Yeah, testosterone levels sky rocketed making them crazier than normal and they attacked. They really don't like me, Jinki." 
 
Jinki sighed, "I don't think it's anything against you. They're just afraid of interference with their total bullshît way of life. But that's just my opinion. So are you sure you guys are okay? You look--"
 
"Jonghyun and I had sèx" Kibum blurt in mid-sentence causing Jinki's mouth to snap shut.
 
"Excuse me...?"
 
"We...did the nasty. You know? Made it to home plate? Got the D?"
 
"I know what you said, Kibum. I just didn't think it would happen so suddenly. Don't tell me it was because of his heat was it?" Kibum could see the utter shock taking over Jinki's face. In Kibum's defense, it was totally expected unlike Jinki's relationship. 
 
"Hey! You have no room to talk right now! What's up with you and Minho, huh? I saw you two holding hands don't pretend I didn't!" 
 
"Oh, that." 
 
"I want details Lee Jinki. Right now. How did you two end up together and not tell me?" 
 
Jinki wiped his palms on the front of his pants and swung in his swivel chair. His cheeks turned a slight pink as he collected his words.
 
"Well, about three days before you came to me with your homecoming attire problem I ran into him. Like, physically ran into him. I rounded the corner trying to sort out the paperwork for the homecoming spending budget and papers flew everywhere. As cliche as it sounds he was kind enough to help me clean it up. We got talking and..."
 
Kibum urged on, "And?" 
 
"And he asked me to the ball. He said he was thinking about it and he thought it would be best to go with me. He's really sweet, Kibum. He's not as weird as people make him to be. He doesn't laugh or show much emotion, but he's a very nice person. I used to think he was just patronizing me but he genuinely thinks I'm interesting." 
 
"So what happened after homecoming? You know minus the fact I almost died and lost my v-card."
 
Jinki rolled his eyes, "He walked me back to my dorm since the whole place was in panic. I asked him if he wanted to come in, he said yes, and we hung out for a bit. We sorta...cuddled?"
 
"You cuddled."
 
"Yeah."
 
"You cuddled with the grim reaper's son. Yeah, that sounds about right." 
 
Eventually Kibum left to go to lunch, the crowns carefully tucked away in his bag. The werewolves that attacked Jonghyun and himself were expelled for assault of that degree later that week much to Kibum's relief. With those problems out of the way Kibum did a little research on his own powers in the library. It was when he was reading a section on meditation that it struck him; the reason why he couldn't hear Jonghyun's thoughts until recently.
 
Jonghyun hadn't gone through full transformation till late in his teens. His thoughts were running on the frequency of a dog up until the point of his complete metamorphosis. He was really just a puppy. A really unstable one. 
 
The winter season came and went, spring passed just as quickly. Kibum actually participated in the spring musical of Dracula with none other than Taemin playing as the lead. Jonghyun's grades had significantly improved with a little motivation and help from his boyfriend, allowing him to play sports again. He even actually joined the choir. Jonghyun had a lovely voice; he just never used it due to the fact he was always focused on MoonBall. Kibum could handle him singing the same songs over and over for the Spring Concert...hopefully. 
 
"Where are you going to go for the summer break? Taemin is going back home to Italy with Kai. They're getting married next fall." Jonghyun Kibum's hair as they lay on their backs in the middle of Ghoul Park. 
 
"Married?! Aren't they a bit young?" 
 
"Kibum, Taemin is four hundred and six years old, he's more than old enough."
 
"I guess you have a point. I guess I'm going to wedding for sure. But...I'm going back to visit my parents in the human society. Will you be okay without me?" Kibum's mood visibly fell at the thought of leaving the town behind to return to the world he grew up in. He became so attached to the people in the boarding school he didn't even want to even think about living without them. 
 
"No, I'll miss you terribly. Can't you stay with me? Your parents can let you stay here a little longer can't you? You can see where I grew up and everything."
 
"My parents are already harassing me to come home as soon as the semester is over." Jonghyun growled in distaste and pouted at Kibum's words.
 
"I promise I'll come early before the new year starts. I'll spend at least three weeks with you. I swear." Kibum pecked Jonghyun's lips, but still the pout remained. 
 
"You promised, okay?"
 
"I know...let's not break the headboard this time, okay? We broke yours and mine already we don't need to break another."
 
 
"Hey!"