Tension

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

Kibum's heart was thumping in his ear, his body frozen in shock.

 
"Jonghyun I can't do that. I just can't-"
 
"Please!! Please Kibum!!"
 
The raven haired boy gulped and held his wrist close to him. However, Jonghyun was much stronger than he was and was slowly pulling his hand to the problem in question.
 
No way, no way could Kibum do that. Anything but that. Sure they were friends, but something like this was going beyond the line. The older boy was hot to the touch. Was it possible to have a fever of 180? Jonghyun started whining uncontrollably like a small child complaining that it hurts. Kibum wanted to help, he really did. But just not with that
 
"Can't you just...take care of it yourself?!" Kibum pleaded in which Jonghyun immediately denied. 
 
Jonghyun cried out, "Just once please!!! I promise it will only be once!" 
 
He wasn't going to budge without getting what he wanted and Kibum wanted to believe it wasn't true. He glanced at Jonghyun's busy hand in his loose hanging sweats and sighed. 
 
"Sit." Kibum commanded.
 
Jonghyun obeyed immediately. 
 
The younger boy took a deep breath and approached the werewolf tentatively. 
 
It's only this one time and we'll forget about it, Kibum chanted mentally.
 
With shaky hands Kibum lowered the waist band of Jonghyun's sweats, flinching when his sprung free in his face. 
 
"Hurry up..." the werewolf whined again.
 
Kibum bit his lip, it wasn't like he didn't know what to do. He had done it to himself plenty of times. Just not to someone else. His slender fingers wrapped themselves around the throbbing base, almost jerking his hand back from the insane amount of heat radiating from it. 
 
Jonghyun's breath hitched and almost silenced totally, his claws embedding themselves into Kibum's mattress. Kibum gave a few hesitant pumps until he established a moderate pace. He ducked his head in shame and cringed at the wet sound his hands would make when he would bring it back down to the base. It felt wet just a little...Jonghyun probably had a wet dream. 
 
Oh hurry up and reach your end!, Kibum mentally begged with cheeks burning brighter than Taemin's blood cakes. 
 
The sounds Jonghyun was making was the worst part. He was utterly shameless, like he was being filmed. His eyebrows knitted together and his plush lips hung open in ecstasy. This definitely wasn't something roommates did. Absolutely not. 
 
"Ngh...faster." the older boy begged and the heat rose further into Kibum's ears. 
 
He flicked his wrist and picked up the pace hoping the werewolf would be satisfied soon. He didn't want to endure this for much longer. Jonghyun to began to pant heavily, ing upward into Kibum's hand. It wasn't fair, the shorter boy looked beautiful in his concentrated desire. Kibum scolded himself after that, this wasn't the time to be drooling. 
 
Jonghyun got a bit noisy all of a sudden, ing wildly into Kibum's hand. Kibum froze as Jonghyun let out a strangled howl and watched his ooze out through the cracks of the younger boy's fingers. He heard the mattress rip and Jonghyun pull his claws out of the the poor bed. 
 
"K-Kibum... I'm so-" 
 
"Save it please. Just...go back to bed. I'll go wash my hand." Kibum cut him off and scurried into their bathroom, washing down the warm, white liquid down the drain. 
 
Jonghyun pulled his pants up feeling more ashamed than ever. Kibum was a more amazing person than he had thought. He helped him in heat and that's something not even his own kin would want to mess with. Out of sheer embarrassment, he brought himself to his side of the room and climbed back into his bed.
 
The light in the bathroom turned off and Kibum came back.
 
"Hey Kibum..."
 
"Yeah."
 
"Thanks for giving me a chance..." 
 
••• 
 
Kai handed Jonghyun a plastic knife as they moved in the line for breakfast. Kibum wasn't there yet, he was meditating.
 
"What's this for?"
 
"To cut the tension." Kai answered simply. 
 
Taemin bursted out laughing.
 
It wasn't all that funny in Jonghyun's opinion. 
 
"Seriously man what happened between you two?" Kai pressed on as they moved slowly in the line.
 
Taemin cut in, "Aw man~ Don't tell me you had your heat last night."
 
When Jonghyun didn't answer both vampires laughed.
 
"I feel bad okay? He's being a really good sport about it, but I forced him. I wouldn't leave him alone I made him." Jonghyun banged his head against the glass display case of the food. 
 
Kai hummed, "Oh~ I see. Taeminnie wasn't it awkward for us the first time?"
 
"I think everyone has that awkward first time. You get over it eventually."
 
Jonghyun looked at both of them mortified, "I didn't mean ! Oh god no! I wouldn't even be here right now if that's what happened! I'm talking a simple here!"
 
"Seriously? You're spazzing over a ?"
 
"Oh man, you're lucky you don't dorm next to us then."
 
"YAH! ENOUGH!" Jonghyun shrieked and stormed away.
 
If there was anything he didn't want to hear it was Taemin and Kai's life. He had already walked in on the two once and he was still having trouble sleeping at night because of it. 
 
Jonghyun didn't even feel like eating, he had totally lost his appetite. How was he going to face Kibum? Getting ready that morning was already awkward as it was. They couldn't even look at each other! 
 
"Jonghyun."
 
Said boy nearly shat himself at the sound of the Kibum's voice in front of him. In contrast to the older boy, Kibum looked totally unfazed. 
 
"Uh, yeah?"
 
 
"Let's be friends with benefits."
 
 
Jonghyun made a face, unsure what it meant.
 
 
"Is that a human thing? I thought we were already friends?"
 
 
Kibum shook his head, "I was thinking a bit and I decided that this was the best way to go. It's basically that we don't go beyond a friendly status but we do favors..like last night."
 
The elder cringed a bit at the mention of last night. It was a good offer though.
 
"It won't be awkward?"
 
 
"Unless you make it so."
 
 
"Okay...let's do that then."
 
 
Kibum grinned, "Good. I didn't want things to stay awkward between us forever. But I do have a question: what exactly happened to you last night?"
 
Jonghyun blushed furiously and rubbed the back of his neck, "It's called Heat. Basically I get uncontrollably... h-... It's not something I can control I swear! Plus...for some unknown reason the gland that controls them is very overactive so the intensity is 3x stronger than it should be." 
 
Kibum nodded with a mildly surprised look, " I see...so like puberty?"
 
"Um, what?"
 
"Nevermind."
 
 
•••
 
Jinki gulped and gripped his tray tightly. 
 
He just couldn't do it no matter how much he tried. 
 
He watched the brooding boy sitting alone in a table in the courtyard, absently chewing on his food. Minho was beautiful it hurt. It made Jinki's stitches want to pop. 
 
He didn't understand why the sight of the tall boy in all black made his barely alive heart speed up to the point it would explode. Oh and his voice...! It was so deep and smooth. 
 
Jinki took a deep breath and walked mechanically towards Minho who didn't even acknowledge his presence.
 
"H-Hello... Are you sitting with anyone?" Minho blinked slowly and shook his head.
 
"May I sit here then?" Jinki asked to only get another silent nod from him.
 
He sat down feeling extremely nervous and afraid to look at Minho in the eyes. Oh devil he was even more gorgeous up close. Minho was tall, large brown eyes, silky rusty brown hair, and rounded lips. Jinki had yet to see him smile.
 
Or just show emotion.
 
 
"So...did you go to the MoonBall game?" Jinki attempted to start a conversation to only get another silent response from Minho.
 
"Oh...too bad. It was pretty good. I go to a lot of them when I don't have student council meetings."
 
Minho merely stares at him.
 
"I'm Jinki by the way...I'm on the 2nd floor of the dorm building."
 
Blink blink
 
Jinki sighed, it was frustrating when the person you're trying to talk to isn't really participating. 
 
"Your stitches..." He heard Minho mumble.
 
Of course that's what he notices, Jinki sighed.
 
"Yeah I know they're kind of distracting..."
 
"No, that's not it. They're interesting." Minho shook his head mesmerized by the stitches on Jinki's wrists and neck. 
 
"...interesting...?"
 
"I like them."
 
"You like them?" Jinki restated disbelieving. Minho nodded again.
 
"Oh...I see. T-Thank you. I don't think they're all that great. I try to wear sweaters to cover them..."
 
Minho looked at Jinki as if he has told him that the earth was flat from the rapid blinking and frown on his face, "Don't. Never be ashamed of what makes you who you are." 
 
It got quiet, Minho practically having a stare down with the boy sitting opposite of him. The reaper sighed and picked up his scythe, adjusting his black cloak. 
 
"I didn't mean to be so rash...it just bothers me when products of life don't appreciate the unique qualities they're given and believe me, I have seen many." He sighed and his heel, pulling up his hood.
 
"Wait."
 
Minho waited. 
 
"I-I like you...a lot..." Jinki squeaked and stared at his still full tray. 
 
 
He probably is going to reject me like a tainted soul, Jinki thought.
 
 
"I know." the red haired boy looked up at Minho in disbelief.
 
"You do?" The reaper nodded.
 
Jinki continued cautiously, "So...what do you think of that?"
 
"I'm thinking why you would love someone like me, so dead, when you're so fully of life." 
 
 
Love really has no rhyme or reason, Jinki sighed.
 
 
"Would you think about at least?"
 
 
For a faint moment there was a small smile on his face, "For your sake, I will"
 
•••
 
"You're an idiot you know that?"
 
 
"I could do without the insults, Tae."
 
 
Taemin rubbed his temples and sighed, "How could you not know what friends with benefits means. Benefits is plural as in its a mutual thing?!"
 
Jonghyun shrugged and hung his head lower. He just assumed it was something Kibum had made up to help him through Heat. He didn't know the small detail that he would also have to help Kibum when he was in the mood. 
 
"Well you better be prepared if he waltzes in and asks you to get on your knees."
 
"Taemin!!" 
 
"Seriously, can't tell you how many times Kai comes home from soccer practice and-"
 
Jonghyun covered his ears, "La la la! I can't freaking hear you!"
 
Taemin rolled his eyes and continued walking down the hall into the cafeteria for lunch. 
 
"Well I'm just saying, don't toy with the guy's heart. I know you too well Kim Jonghyun. You'll start getting attached but you won't be serious. Don't lead the poor guy on." the two boys set their stuff down at their usual table and get into line.
 
"Oh please, Kibum would never like me. Unlike me he actually stays awake in class and does well. I'm way under his level."
 
Taemin shrugged, "I don't know~ Seems to me it's already begun."
 
Jonghyun shook his head. 
 
It was impossible, Kibum would never like him! 
 
 
 
 
 
Right? 
 
 
A/N: Ah I like this chapter a lot and I'm currently writing this in Spanish class (Shh don't tell!). I just had to finish. School can wait~