Midnight Blue

Welcome to October High Boarding School for Supernatural Young Men

The atmosphere of the dorm had changed significantly since Kibum's confession. It was almost bursting with life that decided to spring out of the blue as soon as Jonghyun and Kibum started dating. Coming home to either one wasn't awkward anymore. Kibum would normally sleep in the werewolf's bed with him or visa versa. It's was pretty nice waking up to your own little personal teddy bear (or wolf). However, the news spread like wild fire. Jonghyun just didn't worry for nothing, it's a little bit shocking when a werewolf like himself starts dating someone out his creature category.

 
 
Even more so when they start dating someone as rare as an auditor
 
 
Jonghyun's pack members, especially his brothers, made it clear how discontent they are with the sudden relationship. It's this unspoken thing with Wolves, either date within their own category or not at all. Other categories like centaurs and hybrids are generally the more accepting types.
 
"You're not going to the homecoming game?" Kibum piped up behind Jonghyun inside the bathroom. 
 
 
Jonghyun shook his head, "No, I think I won't go to games for a while. Don't wanna anger Coach...heh."
 
 
The auditor narrowed his eyes suspiciously. There's something about his indifference and nervousness whenever he brought up MoonBall didn't sit right. 
 
 
Especially the homecoming game.
 
 
It's one of the most attended games before homecoming so why wouldn't he go? The raven haired boy sighed, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun's narrow waist. He rested his chin on his boyfriend's broad shoulder and sighed. 
 
"Homecoming is tomorrow... Do you know what you're going to wear?" 
 
"Dunno. Should I just wear a collar and fit my role?" 
 
Kibum rolls his eyes and kisses the werewolve's jaw, "Dummy, you're not a dog. How many times do I have to tell you? You're a handsome, strong werwolf hottie...now shut up and accept it."
 
Jonghyun didn't respond but smiled so Kibum continued, "Kim Jonghyun just accept the fact that you're highly attractive! Which reminds me, don't dress too nice tomorrow. I don't want to spend the night fighting off weregirls with silver bullets all night. That night is everything I wanted..." 
 
It was true. Kibum would drift off into the depths of his imagination thinking about all the possible scenarios of how the evening can occur (like Jonghyun showing up in a expensive, Italian tuxedo but that's clearly not happening). The auditor lifted his eyes and stared at their reflection in the mirror. It was a bit odd seeing a tail swing behind Jonghyun, but he was more than over it. 
 
"I'm thinking about dying my hair." Jonghyun said suddenly, making Kibum pause all breathing for a moment. He craned his head and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
 
"Dying it? What color?"
 
"Blue."
 
"Blue?"
 
"Blue." 
 
Kibum looked off into the tile of the shower and exhaled, "Well, I don't know how that's gonna work out. It's hard to pull off a color like that."
 
"It's not going to be a bright obnoxious blue. It's gonna be like a ash grey with tints of blue...maybe green." 
 
"Why the sudden change out of no where? Not that I don't support you because I do." 
 
Jonghyun exhaled deeply and shrugged, "I don't like my brown hair anymore...?" 
 
"Try again."
 
"Okay, I feel like I need to change. I feel...brand new. Like I abandoned my old self, makes sense? Out of no where I got this feeling and my immediate reaction was to change my hair color." 
 
The auditor listened carefully, sure it made sense. There's days when Kibum woke up one day and dyed his hair rainbow because he felt like it. It's isn't exactly a foreign concept. 
 
"Whatever makes you content, pup. You know more than anything I want you to be happy with yourself. You don't have to get buffer or smarter to feel worthy of me, although improving your grades couldn't hurt."
 
Jonghyun frowned slightly, "I told you not to call me that."
 
"What? Pup? I like it. I think it's cute..." Kibum mumbled, pouting his heart shaped lips. 
 
"Besides, I know you like the pet names I give you. Especially beast. You love it, don't you? I see it in your eyes, Jonghyun. Your ego practically jumps out to say hi!" Kibum laughed watching his boyfriend's ears burn a bright red at the tips. 
 
"Is this the payment I get? I get teased for pet names when I gave you a not even two classes ago? I had to give a presentation after! Do you know how difficult it was to explain why there was dried on the corners of my lips?!" 
 
"Hey, not my fault you couldn't swallow in time."
 
 
•••
 
"Remind me why I'm here again."
 
"You sir, are going to help me pick out the perfect outfit for homecoming. I know nothing about the supernatural world, especially how to dress for events like these." 
 
Taemin sighed, slumping his shoulders as Kibum tugged him along the mall. The mall is initially a terrible place to go to when you have hundreds of people's thoughts bombarding you in every direction, but being near Jonghyun had actually improved him for the better. The quiet he received from the wolf's presence actually helped his mind train unconsciously. It was an amazing added bonus. 
 
"Then why didn't you ask Jinki?" Taemin whined, "I had my whole day set up to watch Netflix with Kai! And you know how much we need those Netflix dates, Kibum." 
 
"Oh you mean you guys watch animes together and then proceed to do a live action of it for the hell of it? Yeah, I know how fun they are from your talks at lunch. Jonghyun and I can hear you."
 
"Oh Wah Wah~ It's not like you guys don't do the same. Must be tough with a werewolf. They have a reputation for having incredible stamina and strength. I'm shocked you're so lax about it! My insides would be all jumbled up if I were you." Kibum stopped causing Taemin to stop talking and collide with the auditors back. 
 
Kibum's face was a mixture of disgust and embarrassment (disbarassment?), "Lee Taemin, I have not slept with him. Now shush! As if I wasn't anxious enough!" 
 
The vampire snickered, "Are you intimidated by him? Is that it? He's big isn't he?"
 
"TAEMIN." 
 
 
••• 
 
 
"What about this one?"
 
 
"Too overdone."
 
 
"This one?"
 
 
"Too tacky."
 
 
"This one?"
 
 
"You look like that socially awkward fawn substitute we had for Dark Magic II." 
 
Kibum slumped, staring at himself in the triptych mirror while Taemin sat on a chair placed right in front of it. He pursed his lips and looked around the store. He was starting to lose hope. Nothing he picked looked good! 
 
"Okay, how about this. I'll pick out something because clearly you don't know the first thing about supernatural parties. Fair?"
 
"Yes..." Kibum sighed. It wasn't fair, he thought this was going to be a lot easier.
 
 
After all, how hard should it be to find the perfect outfit?
 
 
He watched Taemin's blonde head weave through the aisles of clothing, plowing through the many gothic styled clothing. He comes back with a midnight blue dress shirt and velvet black vest, "Here try this on with the pants you have on now."
 
"Wow, this is really legit."
 
"That's why I picked it. Now hurry up and try it! I have to get home soon. My phone keeps vibrating and I'm sure it's Kai whining about me being away from the dorm too long."
 
Kibum disappeared behind the curtain of the changing room, feeling excited to try it on. He ran his hand over the material of the vest feeling the overwhelming sensation of elation. How would Jonghyun react when he revealed himself fetchingly dressed in his culture's clothing (and his as well). He giggled and got to changing.
 
Kibum stepped out, shyly leaning against the mirror while Taemin sat up suddenly, "That. That's the outfit. Kibum you have to get that one."
 
"Does it really look that good?"
 
"Do you ever see me this excited over clothes before? It's like it was made for you. You look totally handsome. Jonghyun's gonna shít his pants when he sees you or he's blind." 
 
Kibum sighed dreamily, smiling his dimpled smile shyly. He hoped so. He wanted that wow factor that would leave Jonghyun speechless. He turned around and looked himself over in the mirror.
 
Well, Taemin wasn't lying
 
•••
 
 
"So..." Jonghyun began, "Homecoming is tomorrow."
 
"Yeah...I'm excited. Taemin helped me picked out an outfit earlier. I'm really happy." Kibum smiled into the pillow.
 
Currently Jonghyun was spooning him from behind on his bed, it was only ten, but the both of them were tired. The couple decided they would just cuddle in bed till their eyes couldn't stay open. 
 
"I'm excited too...I want to see my beautiful 'Bum all dressed up for me. It's my biggest dream." He laughed breathlessly and kissed the back of the auditors neck. Jonghyun's hand the side of Kibum's thigh idly. 
 
 
"I want to see you dressed up too. I didn't think you couldn't get more handsome, but I think I might be proven wrong tomorrow."
 
"I could say the same to you."
 
Kibum turned over to face the werewolf's eyes, glowing brightly despite the darkness of the dorm. They both breathed quietly, not saying a word in the comfortable silence. Kibum could feel his heart beating out of his chest as the atmosphere grew thicker. 
 
"Kibum..." Jonghyun whispered huskily, shifting his weight over the body next to him. 
 
The older male shoved his nose into Kibum's neck, inhaling the scent unique to Kibum alone. It was almost intoxicating like Jonghyun's own personal perfume he never tired of. He peppered kisses and dragged his tongue along the vein of the raven haired boys neck, prying a short gasp out of him. His callused hands from training out in the field shoved themselves up the thin material of Kibum's shirt, memorizing the smooth texture of his skin till it was burned into his skull. Jonghyun shoved himself between Kibum's long legs shamelessly rubbing himself against the front of Kibum's flannel pants like a dog. 
 
"You aren't wearing underwear..." Kibum breathed, gripping the back of Jonghyun's shirt.
 
 
"Neither are you." the older male responded without a moment of hesitation as he worked on creating love marks on Kibum's collar. 
 
Over the course of a few seconds, Kibum's shirt was thrown across the room and Jonghyun's tank top was dangling off the headboard. His ears popped out of his head and flopped down due to his concentration. Jonghyun's tongue caressed the milky skin of Kibum's stomach and worked his way down, on the tender skin of his v-line.
 
"J-Jonghyun.... Wait..." 
 
Jonghyun sunk his blunt teeth and began to create a hickey, pulling his hand back and worked his waistband.
 
 
"Jonghyun--" 
 
 
The werewolf pulled his sweats down the best he could and finally pulled back to kick them off, exposing him totally. He made a move for Kibum's legs only to get his hands slapped away. 
 
 
"No. Jonghyun, no."
 
 
Jonghyun made a face, "No?" 
 
 
"No... Just no. I know what you're trying to do and I'm just not ready I'm sorry." Kibum whispered, looking down at the sheets. 
 
 
"Oh...okay. Then I'm sorry. I just thought-- You know, that you wanted to. I guess it's too early. I'm sorry." Kibum could hear the disappointment in his voice, but was relieved. He wasn't ready for . He just wasn't. 
 
 
"I promise I will be someday. Just...not right now." Kibum sighed. 
 
 
Jonghyun smiled in the dark and held Kibum in a gentle embrace, "Don't feel bad. I just got way over my head. I'll wait, I don't mind. I'm not angry. I won't force myself on you." 
 
 
"Thank you."
 
 
"Kibum?"
 
 
"Yeah?"
 
 
"I love you." 
 
 
Kibum stopped breathing again for a moment, his heart thumping in his ears. 
 
 
"I know because...I just do. Werewolves have an instinct for this thing. We don't need to go on dates to know who we want as a mate...we just know. That's something I'm willing to wait for too. For you to love me too." Jonghyun kissed his boyfriend's cheek. 
 
 
They eventually attempted to sleep for real that time, but Kibum lay awake for most of the night while Jonghyun snored soundly. 
 
 
His heart wouldn't let him sleep, but it wasn't entirely a bad thing.