In Love

Heartbreaker || HunHan Shortstory

You should come, though’, Jongin said.

It was the first intermission on mondaymorning and Jongin, Sehun and Yifan were walking towards the school’s cafeteria.

Sehun sighed. ‘I know, but it’s my mother’s birthday...’, he muttered.

‘Sehun, the party starts at nine, probably even ten. You can celebrate your mother’s birthday in the afternoon’, Jongin argued.

Sehun nodded. ‘I’ll try, okay?’.

‘Well, you better be there, they say it’s going to be awesome’.

‘Yes, okay, I get it’.

‘What is wrong with that kid...?’, Yifan mumbled all of a sudden.

Sehun frowned. ‘There’s nothing wrong with me’.

Yifan let out an annoyed sigh. ‘I’m not talking about you, you idiot, look at your right, there’s that guy talking to Tao again’.

Jongin rolled his eyes. ‘And what’s wrong with him?’.

‘Well, I already told him to keep his distance, but he doesn't seem to quite understand it’.

Sehun pulled one of his eyebrown up and looked at Yifan. ‘You told him?’.

Yifan looked in a different direction, before admitting: ‘Okay, I threatened him’.

Jongin grimaced and locked gazed with Sehun for a second, who shrugged.

Tao laughed at the guy.

‘Okay, I’m going over’, Yifan said and without another word, he walking to Tao and the guy.

‘I think he just-‘, Jongin started, but stopped talking when they heard a familiair voice.

‘Sehun!’.

Sehun looked over his shoulder and smiled. It wasn’t a sincere one. He stopped walking. ‘Hey, Luhan’.

Jongin kept walking, but gave Sehun a meaningful glance.

Sehun nodded. He had thought about this. Really long and very hard. There was no other option. This had to end. It couldn’t continue like this. He knew he was starting to like Luhan, which was completely insane. It couldn’t happen. It had to stop.

‘Hey’. Luhan smiled. He instantly grabbed Sehun’s hand. ‘How are you?’. He was still wearing his coat, since his first class of that day was the next hour.

Sehun looked at him.

Luhan’s smile was bright. His eyes were shimmering. He was wearing Sehun’s scarf.

Sehun nodded. His free hand wandered to the scarf. He pulled softly at the material, lost in thought. ‘I’m good, you?’.

‘I’m glad to hear that, I’m great, actually’. He tightened his hold on Sehun’s hand.

Sehun looked him in the eye. He brought his hand away from the scarf. How he wanted to say to Luhan that he didn’t like him. Not even one bit. He couldn’t. He just couldn’t bring himself to say it. It would be a lie. Instead, he smiled at Luhan. ‘Glad to hear that’.

Luhan laught.

Sehun liked the way Luhan squeezed his eyes whenever he laught. How the corners of his mouth turned upwards, revealing two perfect rows of teeth. Sehun shook his head. The guys would be so mad at him if they found out.

 

***

 

When Luhan arrived at their table the second intermission it was bluntly obvious that he was the happiest he’d ever been.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the only ones at the table. Baekhyun was shamelessly sitting on Chanyeol’s lab.

‘Would you do that at school?’, was the first thing Luhan said.

‘He’s my bae, I can sit on his lab whenever I want’, Baekhyun said.

Chanyeol squeezed his eyes while looking at Luhan. ‘There’s something different about you...’, he muttered.

‘Yeah, what’s with you?’. Baekhyun stared at Luhan, who shrugged.

‘I don’t know...’, he muttered, but he couldn’t help but smile. He sad down across from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Minseok and Yixing arrived at the table. ‘Wauw, you are happy today’, Minseok said.

Luhan looked at them while they sad down. He accidentally locked gazes with Yixing, which he immediatally regretted.

Yixing began to smile. ‘I already know what’s with him!’. He started laughing.

Luhan also had to laugh, knowing that Yixing always knew what Luhan felt.

‘Well? What is it?!’, Baekhyun asked. Dying to know the last news.

‘Luhan is in looove’, Yixing said.

‘I’m not!’, Luhan tried, but he started blushing.

Chanyeol began to laugh. ‘O, you are such a bad liar’.

‘Is it Sehun?’, Baekhyun asked. ‘Please, tell me it’s not that little prick’.

Luhan looked in a different direction.

Baekhyun’s mouth felt open. ‘Luhan, you are kidding me, right?’.

‘He is a nice guy’, Luhan said.

Baekhyun frowned. ‘He is not and you know that’.

‘Baek! If Luhan says so, it must be true’, Minseok interupted. He turned to Luhan. ‘How was your date?’.

Luhan smiled brightly at him. ‘It was wonderful, thank you for asking’.

Baekhyun crossed his arms.

This was when Kyungsoo arrived at the table. ‘What’s going on here?’, he asked, referring to Baekhyun being all pissed and Luhan shining like a unicorn.

Baekhyun’s eyes lightened up, knowing Kyungsoo would agree with him. ‘Luhan’s in love with Sehun’, he said.

Kyungsoo frowned and sad down next to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. ‘Really?’, he asked.

Luhan started blushing again. Hearing it from other people sounded so rare.

‘Well, I’m happy for you then’, Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun frowned. ‘Have you lost your senses? You were the one who was against this in the first place’.

Kyungsoo sighed. ‘Just shut up about it, Luhan is old enough to be able to decide himself who he can or can’t date’.

Baekhyun shook his head. ‘Well, don’t come running to me when it goes wrong’.

Luhan shook his head. ‘That won’t happen’.

Little did he know, that a mistake was quickly made.
 


Hey guys!
What do you think :) ??
Thank you so much for reading!