Heart On Your Cheek

Heartbreaker || HunHan Shortstory

Rule number three
Wear your heart on your cheek. Never on your sleeve, unless you wanna taste defeat.

 


 

On the other side of the cafetaria, Sehun’s receiving wasn’t as postive as Luhan’s. Everyone became quiet when Sehun sad down. Yifan, Tao, Junmyeon, Jongdae and Jongin were staring at him.

‘What?’, he asked. This question was totally unnecessary, since Sehun knew they had seen him with Luhan.

‘That’s what we were about to ask you’, Jongdae said.

Sehun sighed and rolled his eyes.

‘Why were you walking next to Luhan?’, Jongin asked.

‘Yes, we know about Saturday, but this is quite surprising’, Tao added.

Sehun shrugged. ‘He just came up to me and started talking, it wasn’t my idea’.

Jongdae looked him in the eye. ‘I don’t know what you did to him, but-‘.

‘They made out in our guest room’, Junmyeon interrupted Jongdae.

‘Oh, god...’, Yifan muttered.

Jongin, who was sitting across from Sehun, laid a hand on his lower arm. ‘You’re not falling for him, are you?’. Eyes full of concern.

Sehun’s eyes got a little bigger. ‘No, why would you think that?’.

‘Well, lots of people do’.

Tao nodded. ‘Yes, lots of people’.

Sehun frowned. ‘Why?’.

‘They say it’s because of his eyes. They’re so big and deerish looking that poeple just seem to fall for them’.

Sehun looked in a different direction. He was screwed.

‘But you won’t’, Jongdae said.

‘You don’t want to, do you?’, Junmyeon asked.

Sehun’s eyes widened. ‘No!’, he practically shouted. Only the thought of having a crush on someone gave him goosebumbs.

Yifan started laughing. ‘Sehun having a boyfriend, that sounds so weird’.

Jongdae laughed along. ‘I’m sorry, but that would be so rare’.

‘Do you see him walking around school, holding hands with Luhan?’, Yifan asked.

Sehun shook his head.

Tao bursted out in laughter. ‘Looking at him with love in his gaze’.

‘We’d have to take a picture of that’, Jongin added.

Sehun frowned. He hated it when people made fun of him. ‘Yeah, well, you’re not going to get that picture so you mide as well shut up now’.

‘Wow, someone is having her period today’, Jongdae said.

Sehun gave him an angry look.

‘Seriously, though, just ignore him, you’ll be fine’, Yifan said.

‘Yes, wear your heart on your cheek’, Tao agreed.

Sehun frowned again. ‘What is that?’.

‘It’s the opposite of on your sleeve’, Junmyeon explained.

‘Yes, so don’t show emotion’. Jongdae looked him in the eye for a second.

‘He’ll get bored eventually’, Jongin said.

Junmyeon’s expression changed. ‘Don’t be too mean on him, though, he is a really nice guy’.

‘I’m not mea-’, Sehun stated, be he got cut of by Jongdae, saying: ‘Yes, you are’.

‘As long as you don’t show emotion’, Yifan clarified.

 

* * *

 

Well, that was easier said then done when Luhan came up to Sehun the other day.

Sehun was walking over the schoolyard, on his way to the busstop. He lived quite far away from school, so he went by bus everyday.

A group of loud, annoying freshman walked past him. Screaming and running. A little boy bumped into him with his gigantic backpack.

‘ off!’, Sehun snapped, pushing the bag away.

A couple kids turned their heads, giving him a weird stare.

The little boy looked up at him. ‘Sorry...’, he muttered, after which he ran to his friends.

Sehun shook his head. He seemed to be more annoyed then usual today. He got an insufficient mark for a project he had been working on for hours. His whole basketball team was pissed at him in gym class because he didn’t get involved enough for their liking. To topp it off: he got send out of math class because the teacher caught him texting.

‘Hey, Sehun’, a voice next to him said.

He didn’t even have to look up to know who it was. So, he didn’t. ‘Hi’, he said.

‘How was your day?’, Luhan asked.

Sehun sighed. ‘Stupid’.

He kept looking forward, knowing he shouldn’t look Luhan in the eye. If he did, his whole plan would go wrong.

Luhan looked up at him. ‘Aawh, what happened?’.

Sehun shrugged and didn’t answer the question. Don’t show emotion. He halted at the bus stop.

‘Do you life that far from school?’, Luhan asked. Instead of continueing to walk home, he stayed next to Sehun.

Sehun nodded.

‘You can almost see my house from here’. Luhan looked to the right.

‘Is that so...?’, Sehun muttered. He became even more annoyed now. Why couldn’t Luhan just go home? What was he gonna do? Just stand next to him untill the bus came?

‘Yes’, Luhan said. He smiled and looked up at Sehun.

Sehun looked at Luhan. Wow, his eyes were indeed very big. And deerish looking. And beautiful. He turned his head in a different direction. .

‘I was wondering...’, Luhan started.

Sehun’s eyes widened a little. He knew what was coming. O, gosh. This was not happening. Don’t show emotion.

‘... If you would like to go on a date with me?’. Luhan looked at Sehun, who stared back.

Wear your heart on your cheek. Well, that was pretty damn hard when Luhan looked him in the eye. Saying ‘no’ didn’t even cross his mind. He couldn’t. Luhan was so nice. So beautiful. How could he say no to a face like that? ‘Yes’.

A smile broke through on Luhan’s face, making him even more beautiful.

Sehun just stared at him.

‘Is Saturday alright?’, Luhan asked.

Sehun nodded. ‘Yes... Yes, Saturday is fine’.

Luhan laughed a little. He wrapped his arms around Sehun and gave him a kiss on his cheek. ‘I’ll pick you up at seven’.

‘Okay’, Sehun said, already asking himself what the he had just agreed to.

‘Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow’. Luhan started walking away. He looked over his shoulder and smiled at Sehun.

‘Bye...’. Sehun waved. He looked ahead of him, laying his hand on his cheeck. He squeezed his eyes shut when he realised what he had just done.

.  

 


 


Thank you for reading :D !!