Don't Get Attached

Heartbreaker || HunHan Shortstory

Rule number two
Just don’t get attached to somebody you could loose.

 


 

On Monday morning, Luhan was walking through the school halls, on his way to the cafeteria. It was the first intermission, which caused the halls to be pecked with students.

‘Oh, I’m so sorry!’, he said when he bumped into someone on his right. He heard books fall to the ground. Luhan lowered his body and started picking up some books.

The person also lowered to the ground. ‘Watch out’, he snapped.

Luhan recognised the voice looked up at the guy. ‘Hey, Sehun!’. A big, bright smile on his face.

Sehun looked at him. It took a second before he recognised Luhan. ‘Oh, hey...’, he muttered.

‘How are you?’, Luhan asked. ‘Did you have a nice Sunday?’.

‘Uhm...’. Sehun couldn’t say more than this. He looked Luhan in the eye for a moment. They were still beautiful. This was when reality hit him. He immediatelly turned his head away. The fact that he had made out with someone from his school was rediculous, let alone thinking he was beautiful. Beautiful was what people thought of their boyfriend or girlfriend, which was exactelly what Sehun didn’t want. He picked up his books and stood up.

Luhan gave him the remained ones. He chuckled. ‘I assume you didn’t have a nice Sunday?’.

‘Huh?’. Sehun looked at Luhan in puzzlement. ‘Oh... No... I... Uhm...’. He started walking towards the cafetaria again. Luhan besides him.  ‘Well, I had quite a hangover’, Sehun finally answered.

‘I had a headache to’, Luhan said. He couldn’t get the rediculously big smile of his face. He was so happy he got to speak to Sehun again. They didn’t have any classes together, since Luhan was a year elder, so the only time he could see him was inbetween classes.

Sehun opened one of the doors of the cafeteria and stopped walking. ‘Well... Uhm... I’m going to go to my friends...’. He awkwardly pointed to the right, to their table.

Luhan smiled bridly at him. ‘That’s alright, I guess I’ll see you around then?’.

Sehun looked at his eyes. Something he shouldn’t do ever again. ‘Yeah... Yeah, ofcourse’, he said.

‘Okay, have a nice day’. Luhan gently touched his arm, after which he walked away to his own friends.

Sehun looked at him for a second, before he started walking again. Oh, this was horrible.

 

* * *

 

‘Luhan!’, Baekhyun screamed as soon as he saw his friend walking towards their table. The others were already there. Yixing, Minseok, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Luhan smiled at them. ‘Hey!’.

Baekhyun looked at him. ‘Is it true what Minseok just told us?’. He raised an eyebrow.

All five of them were looking at Luhan while he laid his backpack on the table. He felt his cheeks become red. ‘Depends’, he said. ‘What did he tell you?’.

‘Well, we saw you walking next to Sehun’, Chanyeol told him. ‘And we were curious, so Minseok told us about your Saturday night’.

Luhan sat down behind his backpack. Next to him was Minseok, who looked in a different direction. Next to Minseok sat Yixing. Across from Luhan were Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. ‘What did you tell them?’, Luhan asked.

Minseok started laughing.

Luhan started laughing himself. ‘Just tell me!’.

‘I told them you made out with Sehun’.

Luhan’s face became an even darker shade red.

Baekhyun started laughing and clapping.

‘Luhan, did you really...?’, Kyungsoo asked, looking at Luhan.

‘But that’s great, isn’t it?’. Yixing smiled. ‘You’ve fancied him for so long now’.

Luhan nodded but didn’t dare to look anyone in the eye.

‘Luhan, seriously, did you have with him?’, Baekhyun asked.

Luhan’s eyes widened. Did he seriously just ask that?

Chanyeol punched Baekhyun’s arm. ‘Ya! Baek, you can’t just ask him that!’, he said.

Baekhyun turned his head to look at him, covering his arm with one hand. ‘Oh, c’mon! Everyone wants to know. I’m just the one who’s brave enough to ask it’.

Yixing bowed foreward to look at Luhan. ‘Did you, Luhan?’, he asked.

Minseok started to laugh.

Luhan burried his head in his hands.

Kyungsoo gasped.

‘Oh my god!’, Baekhyun shouded.

Chanyeol’s mouth felt open. ‘Luhan...?’, he muttered.

Yixing started clapping and smiled. ‘I’m so happy for you!’.

‘Why did you have to tell them?’, Luhan muttered, his face still burried in his hands.

Minseok wiped a couple tears from laughter away. ‘I’m sorry, man, I just had to...’.

Kyungsoo reached for both Luhan’s wrists and pulled his hands away from his face. ‘Luhan, listen to me’, he said.

Luhan looked him in the eye.

‘We’re talking about Sehun here’, Kyungsoo continued. ‘And Sehun is not someone you want to be around’.

Luhan shook his head. ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’.

Kyungsoo sighed, letting go of Luhan’s wrists. ‘I know you’ve liked him for the longest time, but he’s not a good person and you know that’.

Luhan frowned a little. ‘How can you call him a bad person? You don’t even know him’.

‘How do you know he’s not? You don’t know him either’.

‘Well, I think Luhan knows him well enough by now...’, Baekhyun muttered.

Kyungsoo frowned. ‘Can you just shut up for a minute?’.

Baekhyun raised his hands. ‘Sorry’.

‘Luhan, listen, from what I’ve heard, Sehun is not a person you want to be with’. Kyungsoo looked at the others. ‘He is trouble, isn’t he?’.

Chanyeol and Minseok nodded.

‘Oh, yes, yes, he is’, Baekhyun said.

‘I hear he sleeps with a lot of people’, Yixing said with kind of a shocked expression on his face.

Luhan sighed, shook his head and smiled again. ‘Well, you don’t have to like him, I do’.

Kyungsoo shook his head.

Minseok facepalmed.

‘Just don’t get hurt, okay?’. Chanyeol looked at him in worry.

Luhan smiled bridly at him. ‘He likes me, I know it’.

 



Hey guys,

So, I heard about Luhan leaving exo this morning and I've been devastated ever since.
I even thought about not continuing this story, but I figured I would just write it, since Kris is also in there.
I hope Luhan will be happy!
Thank you for reading