Chapter 14 - Ricsyung

Demon Appraiser

In the end, Junghyuk and I were being subdued. Shin Hyesung had a paranoid assistant, Ryeowook, who called the Police, reporting that they were being assaulted by terrorists (referring to Junghyuk and me). The Special team came down and after assessing that we were not terrorists and they pulled out. However, Junghyuk and me had to make a trip to the Police station for interview.

We were being brought to an interview room to have our statement recorded. The officer took down our identification number and muttered," The youngsters nowadays are doing such a crazy thing of stalking their idols instead of studying....."

The officer started typing on his computer and fired questions at Junghyuk," Are you still schooling?"

"Hmm... Yes.... Studying...."

"Why did you appear at SBS Building?"

"Fan .......of Shin Hyesung....."

Junghyuk was so lousy in lying that he dared not look at the officer's eyes and he kept lowering his head till his head almost kissed the table top. I decided to step in to help Junghyuk.

"Officer, my cousin really loved Shin Hyesung that he barged into the Station without thinking straight. I am partly reponsible since I am his elder cousin and failed to supervise him. Officer, it is a waste of your expertise to investigate into this trivial case. Maybe we can settle the matter amicably and privately with Shin Hyesung?"

"Settle amicably! No way am I agreeing on that! I am bringing Hyesung to hospital to check on his injuries!" Ryeowook crossed his arm and stood in front of Shin Hyesung.

"There is no need to check for injuries. I did not push him deliberately and I did not use much force anyway!" Junghyuk raised his voice at Ryeowook. Ryeowook's face went pale and hid behind Shin Hyesung.

The officer looked at us and sighed," Aishi, this is just a small matter and there is no need to engage in a fight here." The officer turned his head to Shin Hyesung," Are you willing to resolve this matter amicably?"

Ryeowook could not make a decision and he looked at Shin Hyesung. I looked at Shin Hyesung, Junghyuk and the officer were also looking at Shin Hyesung. Shin Hyesung became the centre of attention now. He smirked and pointed at Junghyuk," Of course the matter can't be resolve privately because he is not a fan of mine."

Junghyuk raised the signboard which sadly was broken into 2 but the word 'Saranghae Shin Hyesung' could still be seen. "See, this is proof of me being your fan."

Shin Hyesung sniggered," Do you know when is my date of birth?"

"Er...."

"When was my debut date?"

"Well....."

"Okay if you can't answer to the two questions. You should know the drama that I had acted?"

Junghyuk looked at me for help and I was feeling hopeless now. I did not expect that Junghyuk failed to read up the research paper which I passed to him and it contained the research that I did on Shin Hyedung."

As the saying went," It does not matter if your enemy is a wolf but do not get a idiot as your comrade!"

Shin Hyesung chuckled," It is very clear that they are suspicious and officer, you have to investigate thoroughly against them."

Stupid cunning fox! To think I lost to you!

Shin Hyesung agreed to have a talk with us privately. Ryeowook was scared to death with such arrangement as he kept scrutinizing us with his deadly gaze through the window while standing outside the interview room. Shin Hyesung was back facing Ryeowook and he could not see the sinister facial expression on Shin Hyesung's face. I was cursing Shin Hyesing on my heart and I wondered if he could hear it.

"Spill! What is your motive for getting close to me."

I rolled my eyes,"Nothing. We idolize you and so we came to see you."

"Stop the lies and bull ! Speak the truth!" Shin Hyesung turned to Junghyuk," If you say the truth, I will pretend that nothing happen and you two can go off."

Junghyuk gulped his saliva and looked at me. I could not decipher the message that he was conveying to me through his pathetic expressions. Junghyuk continued to eye me.

"What are trying to say?" I hissed at Junghyuk.

Junghyuk seemed as though he finally made a bold decision. He looked at Shin Hyesung seriously" Please believe in my hyung. Never in his life had he idolize someone to this extend and he was too embarrassed and shy to admit it...."

Oh the bloody hell, why did I get Junghyuk to help me! "Shut up Mun Junghyuk!"

Junghyuk bowed his head and stared at the floor instead.

"Oh!" Shin Hyesung narrowed his foxy eyes and grinned. He had that expression that I really wanted to bash him up!

Well, it was the 3 of us in the room and I decided to show hand now. After making sure that the interview room was sound proof, I spoke," Since you knew that we are Demon slayers, I will come clean with you. What did you, a 9-tails fox, appear in the Mortal realm?"

Junghyuk widened his eyes," Hyung! He is a fox spirit? No wonder he looks so ugly...."

Shin Hyesung's expression darkened after hearing what Junghyuk had said. The fox sprit were unpredictable lot and their emotions changed faster than a woman with period.....

"Mun Junghyuk, shut your mouth!"

Junghyuk shrank into his chair and dared not look at me.

Shin Hyesung did not flare up and instead gave a brilliant smile," Exactly the same."

I did not understand what Shin Hyesung said but I saw him standing up and waved his hand," You can go. I will not pursue this matter further and I will settle the mess at SBS Building."

I stopped Shin Hyesung from leaving," You have not answer my question."

Instantly, Shin Hyesung's iris shrank and turned crimson red," You are a weak mortal and how dare you question me!"

This could not have happen! Shin Hyeaung could reveal his true form while he was still in his human form! The barrier shield did not restraint his power?

"Why are you being so fierce?" Junghyuk rushed over and shoved Shin Hyesung, causing him to take a few steps back; hitting the wall. Ryeowook stormed into the room," Hyesung hyung, are you okay? I say we should let the Police handle this matter...."

Shin Hyesung waved his hand," Juat let them go."

"But hyung..." Ryeowook glared at us.

"Wookie, I don't wish to repeat my words." A single glance from Shin Hyesung sent Ryeowook shutting up. I bowed slightly to Shin Hyesung and dragged Junghyuk away.

While we were inside the lift, Junghyuk called out to me softly," Hyung, why do I sense that you are afraid of that fox spirit?"

I whispered," Can you remember the book that was passed down from generations among our Demon slayer clans?"

"Yes. I know about the book which was rotated among the clans but it had long been gone. Isn't it?"

"Yes it was lost." I sighed," I remember seeing a warning in the book which cautioned the descendants to be weary of the fox spirits."

                           *********************

I assumed that it would the last that I would be hearing from Shin Hyesung but apparently, I was wrong.

I received a call from Junghyuk and he was panting," Hyung, that fox spirit came to my University to look for me! I am now hiding in the toilet and what should I do?"

"What!" I stood up abruptly and upset my cup of coffee," What does Shin Hyesung want from you?"

"Er he gave me an autographed poster of himself and asked me if he was ugly."

"How do you respond?"

"I tore up the poster..... And affirmed that he looks very ugly."

Suddenly I felt pity for Shin Hyesung.

Junghyuk whispered over the phone," Hyung can I give the fox spirit a back slam?"

"NO! You try to delay him while waiting for me to come over."

I grabbed my wallet from the table and was about to run out of my office when I heard Junghyuk's distressed voice," Hey.... Wait.... Don't go!" After a while I heard Junghyuk's voice," Hyung, it's too late.... The fox spirit went off. Can I go and catch him back?"

"Forget it." I stopped in my steps," Just let him go."

"Oh."

I remembered something and instructed Junghyuk," If Shin Hyesung visit again, you can whack him up."

For the next 1 month, Shin Hyesung would disturb Junghyuk as when he liked. I heard from Junghyuk that Shin Hyesung disguised himself by wearing a cap and sunglasses. Sometime, he would drop by with cakes and coffee and he would leave after greeting Junghyuk.

Junghyuk mentioned to me that they did not talk much because they did not have common topics. Mostly, it was Junghyuk hitting Shin Hyesung with back slam or overhead slams. Junghyuk even said that Shin Hyesung was crazy once, wanting to try the most powerful hit from him and the end result was Shin Hyesung coughing blood out.

I face palmed and believed that Shin Hyesung was a saddist. It was so wasted that such a pretty boy turned out like this.

                               *************************

Initially, I wanted to leave Shin Hyesung alone since he was a rare 9 - tails fox who was unpredictable and my ancestors warned us not to get involved with these Demon. Besides, Shin Hyesung's current interest was to annoy Junghyuk and I doubted that he would stoop to any dirty means since he was a proud Demon.

My hope was shortlived till the day I was called to Mr Choi ' s office. I saw a report on Mr Choi ' s desk and the glaring title 'Strong Demonic aura sensed at SBS Building'. The report was sent by the Exorcists.

Prior to the Millenium war, we the Demon slayers were not on good term with the Exorcist because we could not see eye to eye on certain issues. To the Exorcists, their goal was to destroyed the Demons' souls which we did not quite agree. After the Millenium war, not many Demon slayers or Exorcists survived. Having faced the same fate, we did not continue like our precessor but we started collaborating in some ways.

I knew the Exorcist well and they did not have anyone with gift like mine, to be able to see Demons. However, they could sense the Demon aura.

Seeing the report about strong Demonic aura at SBS Building,  it only meant one fella: Shin Hyesung!

The first thing that I did when I return to my office was to call Junghyuk. I told him that once he saw Shin Hyesung, he was to take Shin Hyesung down and to call me immediately. Junghyuk was stammering at the other end of the line when the voice became sultry.

"Take me down? Unless I cooperate willingly else Hyukkie will not have the ability to do so."

I took a deep breathe," What have you done to Junghyuk?"

"What? We are out dating."

I could heard Junghyuk's whining in the background, " You threaten to reveal my identity out and I had no choice to come out with you! We are not dating."

"Be nice Hyukkie. I believe that you do not wish me to announce your identity in the Facebook or Twitter right?"

Junghyuk became quiet instantly. 

"Ya Shin Hyesung, I have important thing to talk to you. We meet at a place in about half an hour's time. In the mean time, do not annoyed Junghyuk because there is a secret weapon in his family whereby Demon like you could loose a layer of you fur." I cautioned Shin Hyesung.

"Oh thank you for the warning."

Half an hour later, we met at a park. Junghyuk followed Shin Hyesung like an obedient puppy and he was lowering head while sipping his bubble milk tea; not daring to lift his head. I was appalled that things had changed so drastically for a month.

I glared at Shin Hyesung," I will make it short.  The Exorcist had laid their eyes on you. My side also locked you as target. Once so, you will be caught yo be certified and become another Demon to the battle field for us."

Shin Hyesung supported his chin with his hand," Interesting."

"Ya! I am not joking with you." I raised my voice," There is a barrier shield here and you can't unleash your power anyway. You are dead meat to either side!"

Shin Hyesung chuckled," Ha ha you sounded as if you are a Demon yourself. "

Oh my hell! After what I said for last couple of minutes, Shin Hyesung sounded as if the matter did not involve him. I rolled my eyes," I give up. Suit yourself."

Junghyuk spoke up," Hyung, do you have any plan?"

"Hide for the time being. You can't continue being an idol."

Shin Hyesung smirked," Nope, won't do. Being an idol is the most interesting thingy as of now."

I was pissed off," F***! Do as you wish. Your stuffs is of no matter to me!"

Shin Hyesung grinned, "But thanks for the concern, hyung."

 

Shin Hyesung continued being an idol whereas I was diligently running to all offices of the Internal Security Department so as to gather the latest information.

It was heard that the Exorcist side submitted updated reports every few days and eliminating the suspects. The list of suspects started with 20 pages and now it was less than 10. The list would be getting shorter and shorter. 

I also persuaded Shin Hyesung about the danger but he threw the caution to the winds. Thus, making me like a nosy person. The last straw was Shin Hyesung telling me off and to conserve my effort and time to look for a suitable date. He was afraid that I would turn old and ugly and alone. I showed Shin Hyesing my wide library of vulgarities.

About 5 weeks later, Shin Hyesung was targeted by the Exorcists. Their plan was to capture him in secret and to certified him. When I heard of this shocking news, I was unable to contact my superior. I was forced to join the Exorcists in this operation and u was even forbidden to bring my mobile phone with me.

I was making a great fuss about the mobile phone issue to a group of Exorcists," What right do you have to forbid me from having my mobile phone! "

"The documents." I was shown a file and it indicated that the operation would be led by the Exorcists and I had to cooperate with them fully. 

I refused to comply and even insisted that I would not set off without my mobile phone. One of the Exorcists came up to me," Don't think that no one know that you are close with Shin Hyesung. I bet it is not the first time that you cover up for the Demon and did not report up. The top Management knew and I would say that they did not want to dwell on this. My advice to you is to cooperate with us and we do not want to make your life miserable. Got it?"

A body search was conducted on me and I was escorted up the vehicle. I was being closely monitored and there was no way that I could send any alerts out.

I was panicky and wondered what to do. Just when I turned around, the same Exorcist spoke," None of your request will be entertained!"

From the tinted windows, I saw another few vehicles behind us. The Exorcist spoke," Shin Hyesung is not easy to deal with and so we bring some extra helpers."

I was shocked. The elite force of the Ministry of Defense was sent on this operation too. I guessed Shin Hyesung might not escape easily. I shrank in my seat.

There was a lot of people at SBS Building especially the reporters and so the Exorcists decided to strike at wee hours whereby Shin Hyesung would be coming by this way. once the operation was successful, other Ministries would take care in the cleaning up and probably announced Shin Hyesung's death as an accident?!

The vehicle was parked by the roadside and I had to remain inside. Someone even took out a handcuff and cuffed me to the side handle. I was treated like a criminal and I started hurling profanity but no one took note of me.

Someone came and informed that Shin Hyesung would be arriving shortly. The Exorcists alighted and took their positions. I could not escape but only looked helplessly to see Shin Hyesung's vehicle arriving into the ambush.

The next instant, the whole street became dark and a team of officers stormed up. I was unable to do anything not even any shouting or yelling would reach Shin Hyesung. I had never felt so helpless in my life. Please, let a miracle happened. I could 9 by said a solent prayer.

Next thing I heard was a deafening Demonic roar. I looked towards the source if the noise and saw a shinning 9-tails fox in the dark skies. The snowy white coat of fur illuminated the skies like the moon. The 9 tails spread out behind and it looked majestic.

I was totally shocked as in  how could Shin Hyesung transformed inside the barrier shield! He couldn't unless he had been certified.

Shin Hyesung elegantly flipped one of his tails and the whole troop was sent flying in all directions. Someone fired the machine gun but that wouldn't hurt Shin Hyesung any bit.

3 Exorcists had the troop back off. I sighed because no matter how much troops were deployed, they couldn't do anything against this grade of Demon. At most, they only added onto the casualties numbers. The troop was like ants facing a human. I only prayed that Shin Hyesung not to started a massacre. 

"Pathetic fools! Scram now and I can consider sparing your miserable lives!" The cold words that came from Shin Hyesung sounded intimidating. 

The Exorcists quickly retreated and one of them came into the vehicle, grabbing my collars," Did you let him regain his Demonic powers!"

I stared straight at him," Do not insult my integrity and my professionalism! I could barely bear with you guys hand cuffing me and if you continued with further insult, I will not hesitate to get my Demon slayers clan to take on war with the Exorcists!"

An Exorcist from the front passenger seat coughed," Enough N!"

That Exorcist seemed to be in charge and the N fella complied.

Despite creating such a big trouble, nothing was leaked out. I am not doubting the ability of the Internal Security Department. 

The next day, I was called into Mr Choi ' s office for a coffee session. As usual, a cup of cafe latte was greeting me plus some cookies.

"How do you find the coffee?" Mr Choi asked.

"Your skills improved Sir."

"Oh is it? It was made by Minwoo."

I hummed and I spoke softly," Sir, can you let me handle this matter? Though I am unsure why Shin Hyesung is able to transform in the barrier shield. I am confident to resolve this!"

Mr Choi sighed," Will he be of service to us?"

"I am afraid that this is impossible," I stated the truth bluntly," Unpredictable, Invincible are a cause of worry. If we clash head on, it will a heavy price to pay." I knew that I had to say the harsh truth. If we wanted Shin Hyesung, the Elite squad would have to be deployed and I could not guarantee that it would be a success. The consequences would definitely be dire.

Mr Choi blew and sipped his cup of Americanco," In that case..... I want him to leave this country."

"I will ensure of that Sir." 

Mr Choi raised 3 fingers and smiled," Three days! Whatever happen after 3 days, I will not be able to do anything."