| Prologue |

Forever Be Yours

Hola.

 

ஐ Prologue 

 

Drip. Drip. Drip.

 

Sitting on the chair near the closed balcony with my hands wrapped around my knee, I watched the rain falling down from the dark cloud. The clock besides my bed shows that it was already past midnight but my eyes couldn't sleep. 

 

When the tiny droplets of rain hit the rough cold metal of the rooftop, a loud sound filled through the silent night. I winced and a frowned started to form on my face. 

 

I never liked the rain.

 

Everytime I looked at it, I feel like the clouds are crying, showing their tearful sadness. Sometimes, I cry along with it too. And sometimes, it makes me to vivdly remember all those painful memories when I was just a little girl.

 

Childhood memories was not the best thing that happen to me.

 

Flashbacks

 

The neighbourhood street engulfed in the darkness. It was empty but only filled with the sound of fasten footsteps.

 

"Eomma, where are we going?" I asked, looking worried at eomma, who was carrying a duffel bag over her shoulders while holding my hand.

 

She just smile, not answering my question. But her smile didn't show happiness, it shows fear. 

 

My eyes was pretty drowsy and sleepy at the moment as eomma had just woke me up from my deep sleep then she pulled me out from the bed and dressed me up out of my pyjamas into some comfy clothes. 

 

Not long, she quickly grabbed my hand, carrying a bag on the other hand while leading me outside the house. My mind was completely clouded, not thinking very well. We kept walking and walking around the neighbourhood.

 

 

That's how we ended like this.

 

After walking around for an hour, I finally realized that we were leaving home. Does appa know about this? And why do we looked like running away from home? Appa is going to be mad when he found out about this tomorrow.

 

Trying to keep the same pace as eomma but I failed when I suddenly tripped over something, landing my knee on the hard ground.

 

"Ahh!! Eomma, my knee.." I said weakly, clutching my bleeding knee in pain. Tears started to slid down on my cheeks. Eomma stopped walking, looking at me worriedly.

 

"Sshh." She hushed, trying to calm me down. "It's gonna be okay, Su Ji. Let me carry you." She suggested, turning her back towards me. 

 

Bitting my bottom lip, I slowly walked myself towards her back, clutching on to her shoulders tightly so that I can't fall easily. 

 

Few minutes later, after adjusting myself on her back, she continued walking. 

 

My pain on my knee started to ease a little bit. I kept thinking about appa and how will he coped with this, and what will happened to us. That's when I asked the stupid question.

 

"Eoma, why are we running away from home?" I blurted it out from my mouth. 

 

I could feel her shoulders tensed after hearing my question. 

 

She cleared , her walked became slow. "We're not running from home dear, um.. we're just having a vacation. Just you and me. And .. appa will not joining us." She replied, ending it with a gulp.

 

Tears started to form in my eyes, "Wae eomma? Appa will miss us. We need to turn back, right now!" I said, wiggling myself from her grip making me fall on the ground again. I can feel my knee was starting to bleed again.

 

"Ouch .. " I groaned, then eomma turned her back, facing me quickly and checking me if I break any of my bone.

 

When I looked at her, I can see eomma was crying. My eyes widened in shocked. I had never saw eomma cried before, but why?

 

"Su Ji, please don't behave like this." She said through her sobbed, looking down while treating my injured knee with a piece of cloth from the bag.

 

Ignoring the pain on my knee, I yelled "Wae eomma?! We need to go back! Appa wi-" Something hard hits my cheek. I feel numb. 

 

Slowly, I rubbed my painful cheeks and looked at mother furiously. Her face turned red, and immediately her face dropped showing that she regretted for what happened.

 

Suddenly, tiny droplets of rain began to pour down. Gradually, it fall faster and faster every time it hits the cold ground.

 

My mother went to me, hugging me tightly. I can't move my body. She patted my head, up and down while I was crying hard in her embraced. "Shh.. I'm sorry, Su Ji. I'm sorry." She pleaded then kissed my forehead.

 

I sobbed, and felt a drop of tear in my mouth. It tasted very salty. Was it the rain or was it my tears? 

 

I kept on crying. "Wae eomma?" It came out weak.

 

"I had to do it for your own good."

 

It was the last thing that I've heard before drifting into the darkness, hearing the sound of the rain getting fader and fader.

 

And I knew that things will change.

 

End of flashbacks.

 

It has been seven years after that dreadful night. I glanced at an old photo, hanging on the wall. It was a photo of me, eomma and appa when we were in front of our old house back then. That moment was the happiest thing that ever happened to me.

 

And now, everything has changed.

 

Things would not be the same again.

 

My visions was starting to get blurry, but I hold it back. I don't want to cry again. I don't want to be weak again. It was enough to spend all those seven years just crying and being weak all the time.

 

Take a deep breathe and sighed. 

 

"It's gonna be alright."

 

 

How was it? This is a new story, so yeah. 

Comments, votes and likes.

xoxo,

Me_LonelyStar.