Two

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris can’t quit the goofy smile that keeps forming on his lips everytime he rewinds the memory of his first morning with Amber, the cat hybrid. He remembers waking up to irritating sound of his alarm and the heavenly smell that made his mouth goes watery even under his sleepy state. Still floating between unconsciousness, Kris rubbed his eyelids tiredly and threw the thick blanket off his waist. He had to get ready.

 

As he brushed his teeth thoroughly, Kris remembered that oh he bought a cat hybrid yesterday, showed her around his house and where did he put all the cooking utensils. So it’s not really surprising if he smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen, Amber’s probably cooking breakfast right now.

 

After spending about five minutes in the bathroom, Kris exited the tiled room, hair damped and towel wrapped loosely around his waist. He grabbed his working attire for the day and putting them on in instance. He didn’t feel like doing his hair so he settled with side parting style and combed his hair neatly.

 

It’s such a sight when he entered the kitchen, Amber had her back on him, cat ears perking up on top of bunch of soft pink hair meanwhile her long tail wiggling cutely, stirring what smelled like a miso soup. Her ear twitched as Kris shortened the distance between them, sensing his presence.

 

Kris stopped next to her, eyeing the steaming stew in the pan and gulping back saliva. “Try this,” she suddenly spoke, scooping it out and holding up the spoon close to his lips. Without any hesitancy, Kris pursed his lips and slurped the soup. “Oh my god…” he gasped, eyes turned wide comically. Amber bit her bottom lip and waited in anticipation. “Tasty?” she questioned.

 

Reflexively, Kris lifted his hand and ruffled her hair with a fond smile, “Beyond.” He answered. Amber beamed at him, eyes twinkling with pure happiness. But then when Kris pulled his hand back to his side with red painting his cheeks after realizing what he just did, Amber looked upset.

 

“My owner used to pet my head when I did something right.” she muttered, looking down at the floor then trailed off “Won’t you do the same? Since I got the soup tasted right…”

 

Kris left flabbergasted, staring at Amber’s head like she grew the third ear. He was dazed that he forgot to at least say something and not only stood there in front of the feline. Amber’s once standing ears gradually flattened back against her head whilst Kris kept his mouth shut.

 

The tall guy didn’t miss the way her ears plopping down limply on top of her pink hair and how her shoulder slouched forward, losing all the enthusiasm she radiated before. A pang of guilt slapped him in the face knowing he’s the cause of her sadness. Panic, Kris put his hand back to her head and started her hair. He realized how smooth Amber’s hair felt underneath his hand and how he liked the feeling. He broke into a contented smile when Amber purred in satisfaction.

 

“You like it?” Kris asked, hand still busy petting his cat hybrid head. Amber hummed, stepping closer into his personal space.  Their chests were almost touching when she stared up at him with half hooded eyes and whispered, “Very much,” The poor guy had to remind himself to keep supplying oxygen into his lungs.

 

Kris looks back to his hand, the one which got to touch Amber’s hair and can’t stop the smile that threatening to make its appearance for the umpteenth time that morning. He smiles stupidly again, like a lovestruck teenage boy. Jongin has to halt his step when he catches a glimpse of his co-worker, smiling while gazing lovingly at his hand.

 

“Did you hit your head against the wall or something just now?” he inquires, giving him a judging look. Kris averts his attention from his hand to his friend who slightly jumps in surprise as he stares back at him, a creepy smile on his face. He shakes his head lamely which Jongin wastes no time to leave.

 

 

 

Lunch time rolls in quickly as Kris has expected since he is impatient to open the lunchbox Amber has prepared for him. With a grin plastered on his face, Kris takes out the blue container and pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter