Six

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber shifts around her bed, her t-shirt is wet from litter of sweat she produced while sleeping. She pushes herself up to a sitting position and leans back against the headboard. Her head still feels as though about to explode anytime soon so she massages her temple, wishing it will ease the ache soon.

 

She sighs contentedly because she doesn’t feel like pinning Kris down again now which is good. The pill he gave earlier had finally kicked in. And at least she doesn’t feel as as hell and makes her feel like a . Oh, crap, Kris! What about her master? Amber feels so mortified she doesn’t want to go out of her bedroom and faces him. How can she look at him when the mere thoughts of her master only makes her cringe and wants to bury herself deep under the ground.

 

It must be morning already, Amber thinks, perhaps around seven or eight. She can feel the warmth of the sun and it lures her to sleep again because one thing Amber sure is that Kris going to check up on her soon. And soon means right now when she hears two knocks on the door.

 

, she mouths and pulls the blanket over her head, pretending to sleep as someone opens the door to her bedroom. Amber squeezes her eyes shut tight when someone calls her name. Kris is by the door and oh now he’s walking toward the bed, Amber can sense his padding across the room.

 

The side of the bed dips, a sign when someone occupies the empty space next to her. “Amber?” Kris calls again, it’s almost eight and he has called in sick earlier so he doesn’t need to go to work. All he needs to do is wake Amber up and meet the doctor, he has scheduled the appointment last night. But Amber is still cocooned in her fluffy blanket. Kris doesn’t have the heart to wake her up. Well, he has made an appointment with the doctor so there is no choice other than to drag his cat hybrid out of her bedroom and off to the doctor.

 

“Amber, come on its eight already, we have an appointment around nine.” Kris speaks gently, he lifts his hand and reaches out to mop of hair, the only part of Amber that is shown at the moment. He ruffles her hair, hoping it will wake her soon. It seems to work because Amber gradually pulls down the blanket covering her whole body, but she only shows her curious wide eyes. Kris smiles because well, that’s cute.

 

“Appointment?” she asks, her voice is kind of scratchy, must be lack of drink. Kris nods but it doesn’t satisfy her curiosity so he explains, “Doctor Appointment. We need to check your condition. You’re in heat, right?”

 

As if getting stricken by lightning, Amber freezes and doesn’t even blink. She is reminded of her behavior last night and does pray for the ground to open up and just swallow her whole. A wail dies in as Amber pulls the blanket back over her head. “I’m sorry!” squeaked her.

 

She gets an earful of light chuckle and sort of doesn’t expect the next thing Kris says, “Don’t be, Am. I understand your position. It was amusing though, seeing that side of you.”

 

Confused, Amber gets rid of the blanket and stares at Kris like he just said something unexpected, in her case, it was really unexpected. She thought she would get yelled at or worst getting kicked out of the house. “It was inappropriate, Kris. Why would you think it was amusing?” she asks after changing from laying on the bed to a sitting position.

 

Kris now has a clear look of her face. Her skin still flushes pink from the heat and her fringe is kind of damp from sweat. But she looks great, looks like his Amber.

 

“How are you feeling?” he instead asks, avoiding her question because he can’t be telling Amber about his real thoughts, right?

 

There is this tenderness in his voice that makes Amber stare too long at his face. Up close, Kris looks really handsome. He really is and it causes her inside stir as she just realizes how gorgeous her master now. But also there’s something more than his good looks that caught her off guard. It’s the serene expression he’s wearing when he asked her condition and the genuine sincerity that urges her to just wrap him in a hug. She doesn’t though. Amber looks down to her fingers as if she is interested in them while in fact she’s just being unusually shy. “Better, thanks.”

 

Kris realizes how Amber’s cheeks turn a shade deeper and plans to about it. “Is Amber shy right now?” he teases and pokes her cheek with his finger, pointing out the blush she’s supporting.

 

“I’m not!” Amber snaps, her tail swats his hand away from her cheek. She looks up and throws a tiny glare at Kris who has a weird smug grin on his face. She has to prove her words that she’s not being shy by holding her gaze. But it’s hard when she feels her heart fail her by beating faster than usual. Kris is raising one of his eyebrows in challenging manner which irks her because really, she’s not really being shy about anything.

 

He tilts his head to the side, gazing fondly at Amber and trying to interpret whether she really means it. Her stern gaze wavers when Kris suddenly ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter