Four

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kris not so secretly stares at the clock hanging on the wall, watching as seconds keep ticking by. The clock strikes 10 a.m. and the doorbell rings loudly, makes him cringe. He feels like throwing up when Amber walks across the watching room he’s currently seated, he swears her face is literally glowing with all the overwhelming happiness.

 

He irks to ask, to pull the truth out of her. But he knows well not to, knows his face will definitely morph into some troubled expression that will burden the hybrid. He even winces just by thinking about the other hybrid that caused the cheerful aura surrounding his cat hybrid. So he chooses to just keep it all by himself and maybe asks Jongin later about their hybrids relationship.

 

Reluctantly, he gets to his feet and places his palm over his chest where the heart is while muttering stay strong softly. Kris nods to himself then makes his way toward the hallway. A loud shriek and loud fit of laughter soon heard when he is turning around the corner. The sight before him makes him torn between getting in the tangled limbs of his hybrid and another hybrid on the floor, separating his hybrid away then kicks the male hybrid hard in the face and locks Amber up in his room or just stands there and watches as Amber laughs and hits the other cat hybrid’s arm above her. He loves to choose the first option but the owner of the wide eyed hybrid, Jongin, is there too. And he doesn’t want to mess with his friend, moreover over a cat hybrid.

 

His eyes dart to Jongin, the latter is smiling brightly up to him and walks past the two to greet his friend. “Kyungsoo is really happy to know your cat hybrid, is turned out to be Amber” Jongin beams, looking at the hybrid that are now standing up and still grinning at each other. The male hybrid, Kyungsoo, turns around to greet him, but the words kind of stop midway in his throat as he meets Kris’ glare stare. He gulps, shrinking under his scrutinizing stare and settles with a small, timid smile.

 

“Kris!” Amber’s excited voice gets his attention. She is grinning at him, eyes twinkling beautifully. Since Kris is weak to every single thing related to a certain pretty feline, his hard facial directly changes to some sweet and gentle expression. He hears scoffing somewhere but brushes it off and decides to hunt down the doer later on. Must be Jongin.

 

He pays a great attention towards his hybrid, “This is Kyungsoo, my best friend!”

 

Amber pushes her said best friend forward, who is letting a small yelp. It’s obvious the latter is scared of him just by the way he cowers and looks like about to run away anytime soon. But otherwise, Kyungsoo braves himself and bows slightly, offering his hand. Smirking, Kris takes his hand and makes sure to grip his palm tightly. He doesn’t miss the pain flashing in his eyes.

 

“Hi, I’m Kris. Are you sure you’re just her best friend?” he inquires without letting go of his hand, “Because she looks like a light bulb right now, glowing brightly it hurts my eyes,” Kris finishes with a small chuckle. He glances at his side and smiles innocently as Amber huffs, pouting with red cheeks.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m just her best friend, that’s all. I swear!”

 

Kris finally releases his deathly grip, smiling sweetly because that’s all he wanted to hear. Still with a smug grin on his face, he ushers all his guests inside.

 

 

 

Amber moves around the kitchen with a happy flick of her tail. And through his peripheral vision, although he seems so focus on stirring a jar of orange syrup, he can see that Amber is very happy. And it’s wrong for him not to be happy when she’s such a ball of sunshine, lighting up the whole room with her joyousness.

 

“Hey,” Kris softly calls, genuine small on his lips. The feline looks up from her tray of cakes, a deer in highlight expression on, “You seem really happy, you know. I didn’t lie when I said that you were such a light bulb.”

 

Her tail curls around her stomach as she blushes furiously, hiding her face behind pair of pretty hands. “Just best friend, huh?” he teases with a crooked smile, while in fact his stomach churning nervously.

 

Kris steps forward and pries her hands off her face, revealing her tomato-like face which amuses him because whoa, she’s so red. She cutely scrunches her nose. “Yeah, he is, Kris. He’s so kind, charming, and it’s easy to fall for him.”

 

And it’s also easy to spot t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter