Three

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dinner has been devoured and now Kris is sprawling on the couch with a stuffed belly and awfully good mood. From his spot in the watching room, he still can hear the sound of flowing water and Amber doing the dishes. The feline is really good and stubborn too. He offered her some help but getting rejected immediately, saying that it’s her duty and Kris shouldn’t lend his hands. Defeated, the tall guy decides to watch and waits till the hybrid finishes her work and perhaps joins him on the couch.

 

With his big body, Kris knows he’s taking up most of the space but he has spared a small vacant place next to his head for Amber, just in case. He hates to admit that his heart takes a faster rate when the noise of running water is no longer heard and all he hears is the almost inaudible padding sound of footsteps against the carpeted floor.

 

Letting his curiosity takes over him, Kris dares himself to look up. He sees the hesitancy on her face as she eyes the narrow space. And it makes him feel bad, so Kris sits up and pats the now larger space next to him.

 

Amber beams and joins him on the couch, pulling her knees to her chest and encircles her arms around them. Kris feels so stupid for wanting Amber to sit in that previous small space without any second thoughts. Said or not, there is this invisible barrier separating them, despite how comfortable they feel around each other. After all, Kris is her master and Amber is his companion. And of course, she will do anything under his permission. Yet somehow, Kris doesn’t want things to go that way. He wants them to be equal regardless of their status.

 

He is too caught up in his thoughts and is startled when Amber’s snicker reaches his ear. After glancing back and forth between Amber and the television, he gets the reason behind her small amusement. Kris mentally smiles and coos at how adorable the feline tries to fight back the laughter with the back of her hand. His eyes undoubtedly dart to her fluffy hair and pair of cat ears that keep twitching repeatedly. Gulping and restraining the urge to bang his head against the wall because Kris realizes that he wants, yearns to feel the smoothness under his palm again.

 

His brain rakes for excuse, good reason to be able to touch her hair although he feels ashamed of himself, cue the pink tinted cheeks. Still, he dances in victory when he successes finding a reasonable and brilliant one.

 

“Amber?” Kris squeaks, hating his nervousness and clears his throat after that. Embarrassed. Amber hummed, turning her head but keeps her eyes glued to the screen. “Hey,” he calls once more and prays he doesn’t sound that desperate though he is kinda, yeah.

 

Amber averts her attention and apologizes for not paying attention directly “Oh, I’m sorry, Kris. What is that?” her eyebrows scrunch together, curiosity swarming her dilated blue eyes. Swallowing back his anxiety, Kris scoots closer and pats his shoulder as a sign for her to lean on. Amber’s eyes widen, surprised but she doesn’t ask any question and simply complies to his request with a small endearing smile.

 

Kris swears when he feels the weight of her head on his shoulder he is close to combust, bursting in feels. Oh my god, he shrieks inwardly. Oh my god, her hair smells so good. Oh my god, am I dreaming?! Kris mentally shakes his head, trying to get a grip of himself. He scolds, C’mon Kris Wu, play it cool!

 

He inhales deeply before reaching out to start her hair. Amber stiffens, obviously surprised but she relaxes after some gentle caresses, humming in satisfaction at the feeling.

 

“B-because you cooked a delicious dinner for us,” he stutters out, feeling hundred times mortified with himself because he just lost his cool image and stammered embarrassingly. Kris feels the pressing of her cheek through the thin layer of his t-shirt, she's smiling and probably doesn’t buy his lame excuse.

 

Her tail swishes happily when he scrapes the base of her ear and Amber may or may not leans closer to his side, putting her weight fully on him.

 

Eventually it gets a little tiring, since Kris has to stretch out his right hand to the left. He pulls his hand back, distracting Amber whose eyes were previously closed and frowns at the loss of contact. She blinks up at him, long-dark eyelashes flutter open in innocent way that he finds strangely seductive. And it’s hard not to swoop in and taste her lips, Kris has to use all his willpower not to do so. It’s only their first day and he doesn’t want to freak Amber out.

 

Kris feels depressed with himself and his feeling and his ert mind. He can’t think straight but he can’t not see the feline, it also drives him crazy. Oh, he is so ed up. Amber snaps him from his reverie by cutely tilting her head to the right, cat ears swaying to the same direction.

 

“I’m tired,” he whispers, brain goes autopilot. There’s a slight glimpse of disappointment as his words sink in her brain, and no, Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter