Eleven

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora. Her name. It matches the girl's appearance, pretty, Amber thinks. Sora has been staring at her since she arrived. And it's really uncomfotable if Amber must say. 

 

"So you're Amber?" she suddenly speaks, eyes never leaving her figure. Amber can't really tell the look in her eyes. Is it curiosity? But that doesn't sound right because she feels Sora knows more by the mix look in her face.

 

Startled, Amber is silent for a moment, not expecting the question coming out of the blue. "I'm Amber, yeah." she croaks out.

 

"Actually," Sora starts, looking at her pedicured nails before continuing. "I have a boyfriend."

 

What. "What?"

 

Sora chuckles. Her shocked face must be so funny to make Sora laugh like that. But Amber doesn't care because holy what was that she was saying?

 

"You heard that. I have a boyfriend. But my mom and Kris' mom are friends. And they think it would be nice for us to marry."

 

Amber feels like crying. When she thinks thing will go down the moment she saw Sora, it's actually far from what she feared the most. If only she could fly, Amber is up high in the sky now. That's how happy she is.

 

"But we are not friends. Kris and I." Sora continues, "I studied abroad and moved here the moment I graduated college."

 

She looks thoughtful, smiling knowingly at Amber. "I will never agree to this set up thingy. Don't worry, I will use every power that I have to cancel it. And you better use this chance to charm mama Wu. She's hard to please but I think she's lovely once you got her heart."

 

Amber gapes, "How did you know?"

 

Sora looks amused, waving her hand while answering, "Girl's instinct. So, I guess I hit the point. You like him and I bet he likes you back."

 

Blushing, Amber looks down at her hand. Everything escalates so quickly and there's a lot to take in. But for now, Amber is simply happy because if she's allowed to say it, she can see the bright end of this relationship-tunel with Kris and that she may have made a friend with Sora.

 

"Do you have a number I can save? We can hang out sometimes." Sora asks, scooting closer to Amber. "I'll just save yours. I still don't really know how to use phone," Amber replies sheepishly.

 

"Ah that works fine too. Just take my card then, there's my number you can call anytime you want to hang out or don't know, do that girly things." 

 

"Thank you." Amber whispers, "I really appreciate that." looking at the card in her hands, her heart is immediately filled with warmth.

 

Sora takes her leave not long after that, saying she has a date this afternoon with said boyfriend. Ah, a date. Amber thinks it would be really nice to have another date with Kris. The image of them holding hands while walking down the street, or sitting across each other while having a nice dinner is enough to make red spreads all over her cheeks. She takes a note to ask Kris later on.

 

-

 

Kris comes home later than usual. His working attire is dishelved and his hair is as messy as a bed hair, it's that worst. Amber stares up at him who smiles tiredly. "Seeing you gives me energy." he says, gripping Amber shoulder and leans down to place a soft kiss on her temple.

 

Amber goes to his arms, hugging the man to make him feel better. She hears a chuckle and a thud sound from his briefcase hitting the floor. Soon, strong arms wrapped around her tiny figure as he rests his chin on the crown of her head. They just stand there, hugging and savoring the moment. Kris reeks of exhaustion and a faint smell of his parfume. But Amber smells something else,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter