Eight

Purr-fect!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Amber wakes up groggily, rubbing the bleariness away from her swollen eyes. It’s barely seven in the morning but she has to wake up and prepare Kris’ breakfast. The feline doesn’t want to cause a drama by locking herself up in the bedroom all day, although she did last night. And that’s what makes her feel guilty. Damn, she even feels so stupid for acting like that. She figures she has to apologize to her master later on.

 

She trudges to the bathroom, going to clean herself. With heaviness weighing her shoulder, Amber forces herself to walk her bare feet on the cold tiled floor and stand in front of the sink. Huffing, she stares back at her reflection, watching how her cat ears stand then plop down together against bunch of pink hair. Ugly tears start welling up her already swollen eyes and she feels so dejected. For the first time in her 22 years of life, Amber is mad to be born as a hybrid.

 

 

The feline thinks the doorknob will burn under her heated gaze for she has spent a whole three minutes staring at the circular device. But it doesn’t because Amber doesn’t have the ability to burn things with her stare. And it’s so silly because Amber knew clearly the fact that she can’t. The truth is she isn’t ready to deal with Kris although she is already clad in blue short overalls and wears a white t-shirt inside. She also has put a great amount of concealer to hide her baggy eyes.

 

Amber sighs. That’s it. Enough of her being a chicken. No matter how long she puts off, in the end she needs, has to face the reality.

 

Closing her eyes, Amber twists the doorknob and pulls the bedroom’s open slowly. When silence greets her instead of a lanky, towering man, she opens her eyelids and casts them everywhere, searching for her master. To her right, left, front, up, and down. And that’s when Amber feels her jaw dropping.

 

“Oh, .” Cursed the feline.

 

There, laying on a thin blanket and curling himself like a shrimp is her master. His body is slightly trembling which freaks Amber out. She immediately crouches down, touching his forehead only to retreat her hand back because he is burning. Apparently he has caught fever and Amber feels even guiltier.

 

“Oh, god, what were you thinking?” she mutters, kneeling beside him. She needs to transport him to his room but Amber obviously can’t, Kris’ body is as twice as hers. “Kris? Kris, please wake up.” Amber shakes his shoulder lightly, hoping it will wake him up. As much as she doesn’t want to disturb his peaceful sleep, Amber has to because sleeping on the cold floor will worsen his fever.

 

“Kris?” again she whispers while brushing his blonde fringe off his already sweaty forehead. “Kris, I need you to wake up.”

 

Kris seems to stir when Amber gives him a rather harsh shake on his shoulder. He grunts, frowning hard with his eyes closed from the intrusion. The blonde wants to sleep again but it’s hot and it makes him uncomfortable, makes him want to shed all his clothing. He hears a voice, it’s familiar like his Amber. He misses her, but his eyes sting and his breath is oddly hot against his upper lips.

 

The voice is calling him once again so he gives in and opens his eyes. It hurts like he has expected before but he forgets it easily when Amber’s worried face fills his vision. She says something about getting up and bedroom that Kris can’t grasp because he’s just so tired. He doesn’t know he keeps calling his hybrid’s name until the said hybrid smiles warily at him, nodding and saying that she’s there.

 

With all the energy left on his body, Kris slings his arm around her shoulder and pushes himself up to stand, sharing his weight with Amber who’s supporting his big body from the other side. They walk carefully to his bedroom. Amber is so small, she’s so soft and so cuddly like a plushy. And he may or may not have leaned all his weight to her.

 

“Uh, Kris, please don’t drape yourself all over me or we’ll topple on the ground.” Amber grumbles worriedly. But Kris doesn’t listen and instead perching his chin on top of her head. Thanks God Amber doesn’t have to open his bedroom’s door because seemed it’s been opened since last night.

 

Amber lays Kris on his bed and sits quietly next to him. She watches as his chest rises and falls and how his face has turned redder. He shields his eyes with his hand, breathing heavily.

 

“I’d kiss you like right now. But I’m too sick to even lift my head. And I don’t want you to catch cold too.”

 

Amber blushes at the sudden confession, looking away with a soft pink gracing her cheeks, the white wall becomes so interesting to watch than her master.

 

“Can you promise me something?” he continues, getting Amber’s attention. Kris has removed his hand from his head and is looking with fondness at her. There’s just too much emotion swirling in his eyes that Amber can’t comprehend.

 

Kris takes her hand and plays with it. He waits, so Amber nods.

 

“Don’t shut yourself again, okay? Please let me know, at least hint me a clue. I was so worried.” Amber nods frequently, squeezing his hand letting him know that she understands and she is sorry. Sorry for causing trouble and making him sick.

 

“I’m sorry. Please don’t be mad at me.” She mutters, not quiet looking at him. But she can feel his smile and that’s what makes her brave to meet thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter